Clovis, CA
Students enrolled: 2,514

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 01, 2015
it really depends on the teacher i suppose. Most teachers just go to work because they have to.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 04, 2015
Really, it depends on the teacher. With my experience, it is rare to have more than an hour or so of work.

Posted June 04, 2015
I am currently a junior at Buchanan and I am really happy and thankful that I go to a school that is know for so much, such as sports, music, and the robotics team. It's a great feeling to know that I attend one of the top rated schools in the nation when I comes to academics and safety of staff and the student body. This is why I would recommend Buchanan over any other high school around. Not only that, the bell schedule can be convenient for students because every day is a block day (Except Mondays which are all periods) allowing more teaching time and more time for you to get work done for whatever class. Great School with guaranteed success! I am proud to be a Bear!

Posted January 08, 2015
As a parent, I am very pleased with both the academic and religious education that my kids receive at Valley Crescent. I am also planning to enroll my daughter at the school next year inshallah.

Posted March 11, 2010
Great School. Great teachers. Cleanest school in the district and most respect school also.

Posted March 11, 2010
I am graduating this year from Buchanan. I had a wonderful time here and i will truly miss it. This school really stands above all the rest in the area. I am going to be really proud to say i graduated from BHS. No other school could make you feel like that! The teachers here really care about the students. Students come first here. People complain about how stuck up we are but in reality we are proud of our clean school, and all means we should be! Parents should never hesitate about send their child here because do your math, compare all the Clovis and Fresno schools, we surpass them! I am proud to say i attend Buchanan High School!

Posted January 26, 2010
My Son graduated from Buchanan, and had a wonderful experience. His coaches were beyond what you could ask for. The education is great, as you can tell by their test scores compared to other districts. We thought about moving to the bay area, but when we checked out and did our research on the high schools there for my daughter, there was no school in the whole city that could have compared to Buchanan's academics or athleticism.

Posted October 17, 2009
Last year, I went to a high school in Fresno. This was the kind of school where you would walk into the bathroom and eight times out of ten it would be filled with smoke from weed. This year, I am attending Buchanan and I definitely say that this school deserves a ten. Many people seem to think that Buchanan is full of rich, snooty kids who are racist and hateful. While Buchanan does lie in the richer parts of Clovis, the student body here is far more respectful than I have ever seen. Not once have I seen someone bullied, teased, nor have I ever seen someone who felt or looked out of place. The teachers and staff also do make much more of an effort to teach than in Fresno. Many people seem to have the wrong impression about Buchanan, but I assure you that it is the best.

Posted September 18, 2009
Buchanan is a quality school offering many opportunities in academics, performing arts, and sports.

Posted December 30, 2008
Buchanan is a great school. I moved to clovis and my grades went from C- in Fresno to B+ and A's in Clovis. Our academics are great, but our athletics are better. Sure, we are known for our athleticism, but our academics are amazing. The staff pushes you to succeed and are very encouraging. Buchanan High is the best school I could ever ask to attend. Go Bears! Bear Nation!

1560 North Minnewawa Avenue, Clovis, CA  93611
Last modified Buchanan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buchanan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top