Bad
Good

Clovis High School 2

Posted September 20, 2014
This school is mediocre. Most of the teachers are fair, others not so much, only very few are great and memorable. The only draw back is the emphasis on sports. Many teachers and coaches are too focused on winning games rather than how students that aren't in sports do on their school work. Not only that, a large percentage of the students are terrible and disrespectful. I know a handful of students had their self-esteem dropped because of the rude students that goes there.

Posted June 12, 2009
I am a parent of a sophomore student 2009 who will be a junior next year and an incoming freshman for the 2009-2010 year. It's been a pleasurable experieence with clovis high from the teachers to the counselors. The only draw back is they do not use zangle effectively and regularly but I hope to change that with the new year ahead of us. Thank you to all of the teachers and staff for caring so much about the students. I appreciate the soft yet hard approach as it's a difficult age where they test the boundaries consistently.

Posted September 03, 2008
Clovis High is a great school! The teachers are good and they don't always expect high scores on tests and exams. They say to students that at least the student tried his/her best and put effort into it. It is the Pride, Unity, and Excellence they want from the students!

Posted January 21, 2007
I think Clovis High is a wonderful school and provides students with of oppurtunities.They offer many advanced and AP classes and the teachers are well qualified. I have three children at Clovis High and I think Clovis High offers academic programs and extra curricular activities that three of them enjoy.

Clovis High School 4

Posted March 20, 2006
There's good access to high level programs like AP classes and very good extracurriculars and school clubs.

Posted March 10, 2004
As an alumna of Clovis High School I can say that overall it was a great school to attend. It has its problems like any other educational institution, but it prepared me quite well for college. An array of extracurricular activities were provided to me while there and my classes were great. The teachers all have a tremendous amount of experience, in fact I don't think I ever had a teacher who had been teaching less than 10 years. Not only was I able to excel in the classroom at this school, but also on the sports field. I played on championship sports teams and ended up being recruited to play my sport in college on scholarship. Clovis High helped me grow as a student and person, and helped prepare me for a top notch university.

Clovis High School 2

Posted October 28, 2003
I would never send my kids to a Clovis unified school. Clovis high is the worst in the bunch. It's not that the teachers aren't good - they are, but their focus is always on how well the test scores look on paper. I think that this comes from higher up the chain of command. I would rather have a kid who has some critical thinking skills who does well in life. Also the emphasis put on winning in sports especially, is so counter-productive. Win at all costs is what they teach. Wake up Clovis Parents and see the truth.

Clovis High School
1055 Fowler Avenue, Clovis, CA  93611-2062
Last modified Clovis High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.