Clovis, CA

Gettysburg Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
I LOVE working at Gettysburg where all students and staff reach for the STARS!

Posted October 22, 2009

Posted June 09, 2009
Great school. Incredible sports and academics!

Posted June 06, 2008
Incredible school. Terrific academics. Solid extracurricular offerings. 19-20 kids in each 1st grade class this year ('07-'08). Great administration. No wonder the school is nationally recognized. Has history of Getty graduates doing extremely well in middle school and beyond. Terrifically diverse student body. Couldn't expect anything more! Go Generals! Purple Pride!!

Posted October 06, 2007
2007 National Blue Ribbon winner. Excellent parent participation, teacher enthusiasm towards extra-curricular activities. Overall, a very well-rounded school.

Gettysburg Elementary School 3

Posted January 31, 2007

Posted March 04, 2006
Gettysburg provides a great education and the teachers are veterans that love children. The office staff is experienced and helpful. I'm glad my kids attend Gettysburg...and I'm an elementary teacher from another district!

Gettysburg Elementary School 2

Posted November 20, 2005
I have three children who have attended this school. Strengths are leadership and strong basic education. Gettysburg's academics are test-driven, but adequate. My two older kids were well prepared for upper grade work. The music program is great, but not everyone is allowed to participate. Art is minimal. The teachers are overworked. Class size--my child tells me there are 39 kids in her fifth grade class. I believe all the 4 - 6 grade classrooms have over 35 students. Leadership is a strength in CUSD. The problem areas I see are: 1) critical thinking skills, 2) writing is somewhat neglected, as it is only state-tested in 4th grade, 3) class size in 4 - 6th, 4) special education.

Posted August 31, 2005
I have a child who has attended Gettysburg Elementary School for the past 4 years. He continues to be challenged as well as encouraged. I couldn't ask for anything better.

Posted July 25, 2005
My son has been going to Gettysburg Elementry for three years now and I'm very happy to say that the teachers there are very highly educated and greatly skilled. The teachers there are the best they put all there effort into making sure the the children there know there best.That is the kind of stuff that me and my husband like to see.My son has been into sports there for two years now and the school has some great and excillent coaches they work hard for what they do. My son is happy there and so are my husband and I. I would never change my son schools and if I could recommend anyone to a great school it would be Gettysburg Elementry School!The principal there knows all the student by there name and is fair and equal to all students. I think he make great decisions.

Gettysburg Elementary School
2100 Gettysburg Avenue, Clovis, CA  93611
Last modified Gettysburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gettysburg Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top