Clovis, CA

Posted October 30, 2014
Moved to this neighborhood because Clovis High is a great school and CUSD has a great rep. LOVE Red Bank! My daughter has been here for K and now in 1st and the teachers are wonderful, the school is so positive! School spirit is evident and there are many extras and sports for kids to participate in. The only concern I have is that parents tend to be OVER-involved, which is so much better than under-involved. Safe neighborhoods and schools are so important and this school has it all.

Posted August 28, 2014
Red Bank is the best school my children ever attended. They are a great team of teachers and students are long term and not fly by night. They all have a great attitude towards each other and their academics.

Posted June 06, 2013
this is such a great school i been here since kingaraten and now im in 6 grade and tomorrow im leaving red bank i had a good run and a blast. the teachers are new and better and nicer and this is a good school to go to.

Red Bank Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2013
I am a caretaker for a little girl that attends Red Bank. Not only is she unchallenged in her class, her teacher is beyond rude, as is the principal and the majority of the administration. Her teacher was not okay with her knowing multiplication in first grade and did not even bother to address her boredom that stems from being academically advanced. Her teacher also is always yelling at the children and is an older woman, which clearly limits her patience. The principal is not accommodating whatsoever. He is cold and unapproachable. Finally, the last straw with this school is the GOD awful parking. I ruined my car parking in that disgusting dirt mound across the street. Also, when I try to pick her up from the front of the school, they make it impossible by not allowing me to turn around! Literally, it took me almost 40 minutes just to get her in the car. I am disgusted by this school and I am so glad she is moving far away from it and the poisonous people that run it.

Posted October 11, 2012
As a parent of three Bobcats and an educator myself, I feel confident sending my kids to school each day to Red Bank. The teachers we've had over the past seven years have been inspiring, caring, and committed to students. I've seen many schools, but teachers here truly dedicate themselves to their work. The school leadership is outstanding. The principal knows students on a first-name basis, treats parents and students respectfully, and is very hands-on. Each of my children has different strengths, but the programs and opportunities at Red Bank are diversified enough to offer each of them the chance to excel and shine in their own light. The children are celebrated in so many ways and they walk away feeling valued and recognized. Parents are encouraged to be involved and are always welcomed at the school site. I could never consider leaving our neighborhood, as Red Bank is a truly exceptional public school. We truly appreciate all the school offers our kids.

Red Bank Elementary School 3

Posted January 15, 2012
I have two children at Red Bank; my oldest is very creative, loves art and music and is a very hands on type of learner. She is not doing well at Red Bank. The programs are very competitive and cater for testing and passing state tests. My younger child is doing well because he can focus more and is an auditory learner and the lessons are designed for an auditory and visual type of learners. Teachers are a hit or miss; some teachers are very kind and patient while others seem to be jaded and cold. The curriculum is to produce good numbers not critical thinkers. I have yet to meet the principal but I did meet the GIS, and was treated like a student, very condescending and passive aggressive toward my questions, did not expect to be treated in such a manner. The school prides itself on a zero tolerance for no hitting and yet my daughter has been punched twice in the face and I have not even received a note or call from the principal regarding these incidents. The school has parents that are very involved and great sport programs but if you are looking for an inspiring learning environment for children who don t fit the mold, keep looking this is not the school for him or her.

Posted June 12, 2009
The teachers and staff are very supportive at Red Bank.

Posted May 26, 2008

Red Bank Elementary School 4

Posted June 22, 2007
I am very concerned about academics, health, and citizenship. RB does a great job with academics. The teachers are wonderful. The test scores are high. RB attempts to teach the children about citizenship by memorizing the pillars of character, however I think they could benefit from a more hands on approach and give our children a better sense of community. Sports are held in high regard, which is fabulous. But, I also wish we had higher regard for innovation and improving the world through technology and science. A hype for things like this would place RB over the top. Better food choices for lunch and snack bar seem to be underway. I have always felt that good fuel allows for better academics and overall health. Teaching about health would be beneficial too. These suggestions would make RB an even more exceptional school. It already is awesome. We love our school.

Posted June 22, 2007
This is an excellent school! My son came from private school when we moved here and was behind in reading. The met with him once a week and caught him up and now he reads two grade levels ahead! They are strict in some areas like dress code, but they really work with all the kids to make sure they are learning and are on target with their grade levels! My son loves his school and has a lot of pride in it!

Red Bank Elementary School
1454 Locan Avenue, Clovis, CA  93611
Last modified Red Bank Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Red Bank Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top