No rating

Our Lady of Perpetual Help School

Private | K-8 | 250 students

Living in Clovis

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $122,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted February 11, 2014

The Best Catholic School! We made the right decision of sending our kids to this school. The principal and the staff are great! We highly recommend OLPH in Clovis!

Posted February 5, 2014

OLPH is the best School that I will recommend to my friends and family. Me and Husband made a good choice bringing my child to OLPH,such a amazing principal, teacher and staff. My child is always love to go to school to see her teacher and classmates. Im happy that my child is exceeding in catholic and academic education. Bringing words of GOD everyday in her daily activities is such a wonderful contribution that I always be thankful for OLPH school.

Posted February 5, 2014

Me and husband choice OLPH school because its surrounded with friendly and dedicated staff. I would recommend the school to my friends and family who wants their children to have a catholic foundation and good academic education.

Posted February 2, 2014

OLPH is a small school with a friendly, family-oriented atmosphere. It is Catholic school with the added bonus of having the Sisters of the Immaculate Conception teaching the children in a loving manner. Our children have been attending for over 8 years and they have a strong faith and academic foundation because of OLPH School. I would recommend this school to families who are seeking a strong Catholic foundation and want more for their children than learning test-taking skills.

Posted January 30, 2014

OLPH is educating both the hearts and minds of our children--what a blessing to have them enrolled at a school whose goal is to fulfill the mission of Jesus Christ.

Posted January 29, 2014

OLPH was an answer to prayer for our family. My son graduated from this school three years and my daughter has been here since kindergarten. High academic standards blended with a strong Catholic identity make the school a great place for children. It is filled with a dedicated staff and a pastor who is actively involved in the school. We are blessed to be part of this great school community.

Posted January 29, 2014

Enrolling our children at olph school has been The best decision that my wife and I have made as parents.The kids start each day by praying together as a school. The kids all go to mass every Friday together as a school. The strong academic curriculum is interwoven around the heart of spiritual education. The families at OLPH School are humble yet strong. More importantly, having our 3 children at this school has helped our family create a stronger bond by developing a stronger and more regular spiritual prayer life as our kids come home from school new and familiar prayers to say together.

Posted January 29, 2014

OLPH has been a blessing for our daughter. She came from a public school in Clovis. The staff has been very supportive of her. The teacher to student ratio is usually 1 to 12 in the lower grades. They have High Academic Standards from Preschool through eighth grade.They take pride in their campus and celebrate Jesus everyday in many different ways.

Posted November 7, 2013

Well it's 2013 and my kids have been enrolled there the past three years. I cannot be more pleased and proud of my children. Any issues that have Came up have always been taken care of in an equal and professional manner. I love the academics the structure and foundation my kids have built since there time at olph. There is always going to be something negative someone can say. But for the most of us at olph we are family and any issues that have occurred are taken on together. I love everyone there that's faculty from our wonder principal to out front office. I think every year gets better and with more voices and more help every year our school continues to succeed.

Posted June 13, 2012

I would have to say that OLPH is a wonderful school, teachers are great and my daughter loves the school. Mrs R. is an excellent teacher and wants the students to do well. I highly recommend the school if you want a strong faith based foundation along with an academic education.

Posted May 22, 2009

I believe OLPH has a lot of potential, but the Administration must deal with bullying behavior exhibited by some of the students. It is not addressed as a serious matter that needs strict policies.

Posted April 2, 2009

OLPH was my first choice for my child because I wanted a strong faith-based foundation along with an academic education. The small campus brings a more 'family-oriented' community amongst the faculty, students and families. My son loves the school and is well-known by his peers as well as the older students in upper grades. He is excelling in his studies and is developing strong spiritual characteristics that articulates his moral outlook. He is also learning the value of community serivce and enjoys going to school each day. I feel my investment in his education at OLPH has been rewarding and worth every penny.

Posted April 1, 2009

As a former student of OLPH and a parent of 2 students, I would have to say that OLPH is even better now than when I attended the school. My children are receiving an excellent academic eduacation and that is saying a great deal because we live in the Clovis School district. I see what the local neighborhood kids get for academic work and OPLH academic standards are far superior to the public schools. In addition to the great teachers, staff, and parents of OLPH, one of the great assests of the school is the principal. The school facilities and goals continue to improve yearly as a direct result of the strong leadership of our principal and parish priest. If you want your children to be given the tools to achieve in life, then give them the gift of an OLPH Catholic eduacation. You will be glad you did!

Posted March 30, 2009

I am a parent of two, one graduate and one current student of OLPH. I am very happy to have chosen this school to HELP supplement what we have begun in our home...Catholic Education. While it is true NO SCHOOL is perfect, I truly believe that God has a hand over OLPH and will continue to guide us into another 40 years. With prayer and deep faith, OLPH will remain the great Catholic school that it is that prepares spiritually and academically ready students who are successful at our local Catholic High School SJM taking honors classes and being athletically involved as well.

Posted January 9, 2009

The school has a history of bullying and it is not addressed by faculty. Our experience with OLPH was disappointing and hurtful to both my child and myself.

Posted January 3, 2009

Excellent Catholic K-8 education in Clovis, CA. The principal and pastor work closely with the Sisters of the Immaculate Conception, and the Parent and School Boards. The administration has had to make some difficult decisions in the past few years and the future looks bright ahead! Active involvement from families with positive attitudes will be the key going forward. The Holy Spirit is truly at work in the lives of our principal, pastor, the sisters and our families!

Posted October 2, 2008

This school is wonderful!!! My children love it!! We have been here 5 years and it just gets better & better each year.

Posted June 1, 2008

The principal is right OLPH does have great parents and teachers. It is a shame the same can't be said for the principal. What was once a great core group of hardworking volunteers has dimisnished to a few very tired individuals whose devotion is tested daily. The teachers, parents students and the Sisters are forced to endure unfair and unproffesional behavior from the administration. Unfortunately, the parish and diocese who are aware of situation seem unwilling or unable to do anything about this situation. With deep regret I am removing my child from Catholic education totally.

Posted May 28, 2008

It was a great school until the current principal took over. I've seen too many frustrated families try to deal with the problems only to leave disheartened. My children have flourished at our neighborhood public school winning awards that would not have been possible at OLPH.

Posted November 7, 2007

OLPH is a special place. The children and families go here because they choose to and this makes a difference. We chose OLPH for its academics and we have not been disappointed. When the honor students in our neighborhood public school couldn't spell words like 'information' by the 6th grade, we looked for a place that would prepare our children soundly in the basics, reading, spelling, math, etc. While no school is perfect, the devotion of the staff and parents to our students far outweigh any 'issues' that may arise. We are very pleased with our choice and recommend that anyone interested in a small school, that produces children who are not only ready to advance to a college preparatory curriculum, but to make responsible choices as teenagers consider OLPH.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (559) 299-4627

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Fresno