Coarsegold, CA

Posted January 30, 2013
this is an amazing school in a great community filled with great teachers. I have no idea why the school has a 3 out of 4 star rating it should be rated the best possible!

Posted January 30, 2013
amazing school my daughter loves it here! she is in the third grade and has had so much support with her academics and after school activities. I love this school and this community a father could not be more proud.

Posted January 30, 2013
this a great area to live and grow up. I grew up here and now my children go here and are in love with life in the mountains and their mountain school

Posted January 30, 2013
this school has provided extra support for my child with special needs i will forever be in it's debt. thank you!

Rivergold Elementary School 1

Posted October 04, 2012
Coming from a student, I hated this school. Out of all the people I graduated with there is not one person I know that said , " I love rivergold" there may be one or two, the ones that got all the attention from teachers students and staff, but of course they would have loved it, they got all they attention they wanted! I felt caged up and locked away when I was here. When I went to the school the other day, I felt an overwhelming sense of pressure, just by entering the school gates, and I don't even go to that school anymore ! When you are cooped up in a small school in a small town with the same people for 9 years, the only thought left in your brain is : I WANT TO GET AWAY FROM HERE , NOW! If you like densely packed communities and small schools, then you may like this school, but if you are the person that wants your child to achieve big goals, or gain knowledge on the world, I don't think this is the school for you ...
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 08, 2009

Rivergold Elementary School 0

Posted October 02, 2009
It's not a school, it's a family away from home.

Rivergold Elementary School 2

Posted March 06, 2009
Disappointed in the cutbacks and lack of organization. Art is no longer offered at this school which is my son's passion. Also received notice there will be teacher and staff layoffs on top of that. They just hired teachers in 07 due to overcrowded classrooms (my son had 36 kids in his). Enrollment has not dropped, so I dont understand why. I am moving my so top a different school district.

Posted November 25, 2008
This school is awesome! As a both a parent and educator at the high school level, I applaud the achievements of the students and the leadership which has made it possible. Having taught in a number of different settings over the past 15 years, I can identify a quality program when I see one. Accolades to the principal and his cohesive staff! It is, after all, the collective efficacy of a staff which will determine the outcome of student achievement regardless of any other indicator such as socioeconomic status, ethnicity, (dis)abilities, etc. I am so very pleased for my student's opportunity to take pre-algebra in the 6th grade. This staff thinks outside the box and facilitates achievement of the individual students' to their own respective potential. In my opinion like a school SHOULD function. Again, a job well done by a kind, caring and compassionate staff.

Rivergold Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2008
We came from a very small school and I was worried about moving to the larger school but I love it. I am very happy with the activities that they have for them. My daughter just finished a writing class (for 3rd grade) that was given after school, yet free of charge. My other daughter was just in the talent show. They have had great field trips this year and I am very happy with their teachers. I also really like the principal a lot. I guess, different opinion than the other post but I am very happy with Rivergold.

Rivergold Elementary School
31800 Road 400, Coarsegold, CA  93614
Last modified Rivergold Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rivergold Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top