Colton Middle School 1

Posted September 06, 2011
I'm sure this school is "good enough" for the average kid...but good luck trying to get them to better their academic program for kids with special needs, especially dyslexia. I've had a couple meetings with the staff about the matter and they don't even know what it is. That's a serious problem. They would benefit greatly if they adopted better teaching methods for dyslexics, as it is a very common learning disorder. This would give them better test scores which the school obviously needs. I was told they would "look into it" and nothing ever happened. Nothing was changed and my nephew still struggles with his homework assignments. This leads to disruptive behavior in class and not completing assignments. Dyslexia makes it difficult to read, write, do math and copy from the board. All the things you must do to succeed in school and in life. I was very frustrated because I got the impression from the staff that my nephew's performance was "good enough" and that he could read when he can't. I don't know where they got this from, considering he can't even read a 4 letter word at times. I'll have to end it here, unfortunately, but if your kid has special needs, stay away.

Colton Middle School 1

Posted May 08, 2009

Posted May 04, 2009

Posted April 30, 2009
Colton middle school is the best school i ever went the teachers really help u with what u need to learn. Ray

Posted April 07, 2009

Colton Middle School 0

Posted October 14, 2008
hi iam a student at colton middle school i would say that even thought it hard and alot of drama it a good school because of the teachers who take there time out of there life and teach us students and expain it more butter for us to get it...... most people dont think it a good school but it is so try it out and you will understand why i wrote this Alondra de la Rosa 7th Grade!!!!!!!

Posted September 18, 2008

Posted July 19, 2008
i think this is a wonderful schoo!!!

Posted June 14, 2008

Posted March 05, 2008
colton middle school is one of the best understaning schools I have been in, The teachers understand you and help you every step of the way. I have never had a teacher believe in me like they did (mr. cruz) and I'm proud to say that I go to colton middle school.

Colton Middle School
670 West Laurel Street, Colton, CA  92324
Last modified Colton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colton Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.