Bad
Good

William Mckinley Elementary School 5

Posted October 13, 2012
I have volunteered for Mckinley and the experienced that I went throught was the best. I started with the k throught the 4th grade and the Teachers give it all they got to help and prepare their sudents for their next grade. I want to let parents know that if you have not volunteered a little of your time to get involved in your childs Education Development you are missing out in a mayor way. What I seen and felt in the classroom I volunteered in left me impressed and proud of the Mckinley Elementery School Teachers and Staff members. and this is to all the parents: These Teachers have Child Developmet and teaching knowledge and one thing that makes Mckinley Teachers special and unique from all Teachers around is that they treat every child Fairly and Equally and diffrently according to the childrens needs. Belive me they are all a hand full but there is nothing these teachers cant handle. Parents they take good care of our children and I think us as parents should once in a while let our Teachers know how greatful and thankful you are for the awsome job they for our children. I encourage parents to volunteer best experience you'll ever have your child will thank you in future

William Mckinley Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2011
i HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF WORKING AT MCKINLEY NOW FOR THE PAST 8 YEARS. i AM VERY PLEASED WITH THE DEDICATION OF ALL THE STAFF. THERE ARE SOME WONDERFUL PARENTS HERE TOO THAT CARE ABOUT THEIR CHILDREN. MY ONLY CONCERN WOULD BE, WE NEED MORE PARENT SUPPORT WITH HOMEWORK, DISCIPLINE AND GOING TO BED ON TIME. I WOIULD LOVE TO DEVELOP THAT PARTNERSHIP WITH THE PARENTS, AND THE COMMUNITY. WE CAN'T DO IT BY OURSELF. THANK YOU PARENTS WHO DO GET INVOLVED!

Posted October 12, 2009
It is true you're gonna reap from your child's school exactly what you sow. I've had three children attend Mckinley. two are still there. Mckinley has gone through a few changes, a few principals, and some staff changes. Like anything else, there's good teachers, and not so good teachers. I am ultimately my childrens teacher. However, I appreciate those teachers that have made a difference in my children's education, and lives. I have been blessed to have had a positive experience with my children's teachers. parents really play a big part in their child's school experience, whether it's positive, or negative. Let's partner with our teachers by communicating so our kids know their education IS IMPORTANT.

Posted August 21, 2009
The August 5, 2005 comment is way outdated now, do not listen or pay any attention to that comment. Obviously this parent didn't do as much as they could to help their child's education, instead she/he took their kid out the easy way by moving. But, anyways, it's an old comment and the school is no longer that way. Anyways I believe every parent should try to do as much as they could besides relying on the staff to get things done. Parents voices are a whole lot more strong than staffs.

Posted September 17, 2008
I am so excited about our New Principal Dr. Frank Miranda. I think he is going to great things at McKinley. My son really feels connected to him.

William Mckinley Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2005
The classrooms are to crowded. The teachers are over worked and stressed. The student per teacher ratio is horrible. Overall If I had to give this school a rating it would get a 2 out of 10 and that's being generous. I was so glad when we moved and I had to move my son. The principal did what she could with what she had which was nothing. I'm sorry but I would not recommend this school to anybody. The test scores were a nightmare. Parent involvement was the same ones over and over . Me and several other parents wanted to volunteer but were always told no thank you. I just felt rejected by this school and my son hated it.

600 West Johnston Street, Colton, CA  92324-1322
Last modified William Mckinley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Mckinley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top