Colton, CA

Reche Canyon Elementary School 1

Posted August 14, 2013
I used to be a student here and I HATED it. I was bullied and got no help from anyone. I remember not being able to afford lunch and even got bullied for just that! My teacher at the time couldn't figure out how to help me and started caring once my mother called and said I would cry to stay home because I hated it so much. There was one incident where I was shoved down by a teacher when getting a book and sitting with the rest of the students. I didn't do it "fast enough" I guess and she shoved me down. Another incident is when I inched my head and all the kids yelled that I had lice and reported it. I got sent to the nurses office and I didn't have lice but they sent me home anyway. It's great that y'all are happy with this school. But I'm older now and have a baby on the way and I would NEVER put my kid through this school. Sure the academics are good but dang. I would want someone helping my kid if they fell on the playground and got hurt... And not just laugh or walk away like nothing happend. I still hate this school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 29, 2011
Reche Canyon is the best elementary school in the Colton School District. The Principal Mrs Mumper trully cares about the kids and all the staff. she brings certificated (teachers) classified (kitchen staff, office staff, etc) and management together. this is not easy to do. moreover the parent participation is great. it is a small school located in a beautiful canyon. your child would be treated well by all staff and more importantly will excel. so if you get an opportunity to have your child transfer do it it will be the best thing you could do for your child.

Posted June 03, 2011
Excellent school. 4 of my children attended Reche Canyon, 5 of my grandchildren and 1 neice attended Reche Canyon. A very proactive administgration, teachers and staff create an excellent learning environment. My children and grandchildren all cherished the learning experience they had at Reche Canyon.

Reche Canyon Elementary School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
My family loves Reche Canyon Elemantary School.Mrs.Mumper is the principal who truly cares about all the students! This school is a California distinguished school.Teachers are great! My son attended k-6 he is a gifted student.He was promoted to middle school.My daughter is in first grade,they both have many awards from this school.They learned from the best teachers at Reche Canyon,I recommend this school to all parents.State testing scores are high.Great school activities.Here at Reche Canyon :parents,teachers and principal work hard to keep students focused and are encouraged to do thier best.

Posted January 26, 2010
It's been a month we move to Texas due to my husband job relocation and we miss Reche Canyon already... I am shock to see that the curriculum in here is so far behind than Reche Canyon...The curriculum & the homework at my son's new school is way too easy for him. I'm very dissapointed with my son's new school (Garner Elementary). I wish I could find school as best as Reche Canyon in here...Reche Canyon is the best ! *Joseph's Mom*

Posted December 15, 2009
My daughter was a new student this year and this school is wonderful. She had an easy transition and her teacher (Mrs. Chapman) is fantastic.

Posted May 13, 2009
My son has been at Reche Canyon since kindergarden, now he is in third grade and is been a wonderfull experience for both of us. Mrs Mumper the principal is really caring about her kids(students) and very supportive to their parents and I couldn`t ask for better teachers for my son staring with Mrs Kocian and Mom Kocian, Mrs Lazzarini, Mrs Murphy and now Mrs Gillete they been great and very kind to me.

Posted November 04, 2008

Posted October 23, 2008
I have 3 kids in this school....one in kinder, first, and second grade. I do have to echo the sentiments about Mrs. Preciado.....we LOVE her. I am hoping to get my daughter switched to her class this year (my son had her last year). Mrs. Mumper is very involved, and cares more about her students then she does about the $$$$. The level of communication with the teachers is great, the parent involvement is very high, and there is a great community feeling there that you don't get from other area schools.

Posted July 16, 2008
My daughter just graduated Kindergarten, and her teacher was amazing. She transferred to Reche Canyon after 2 weeks of attending another school because it was over-crowded. And it was a blessing in disguise - she was nervous her first day, and by the second day she was ready to shine. Mrs. Preciado is one of many great teachers at this school - the principal is also amazing. I would rate this school 110%!!! I even signed an inter-district transfer, because I prefer this school over Terrace View. (The teachers/students left a better impression at Reche Canyon rather than Terrace View).

Reche Canyon Elementary School
3101 Canyon Vista Drive, Colton, CA  92324
Last modified Reche Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reche Canyon Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top