Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 02, 2016
This has been by far the worst staff that I have ever had to come in counter with. The vice-principle does not deserve the title she currently holds with how she speaks to the children and parents and her lack of communication(never met someone so rude). When this was brought to the attention of the principle it seems as if this was not the first time and ended without it being resolved and put off that I was in the wrong as if it was okay for the vice principle to talk to me like that. So far no problems with the teachers but because of the staff it is worth it to have your child attend another school. I am currently trying to transfer mine out to another school, since day one I have had a problem with this staff in addition with them being so disorganized.

Posted February 02, 2016

Posted December 13, 2015
This school is terrible. The principle does nothing for the students who are having different issues at school. The staff are Just big bullies. Teachers are constantly missing school because of "mandatory meetings." The children don't get to have any field trips or activities. They have a lot of fundraisers but yet the children do not see any of the bennifits . The school is filled with spiders and bugs. The AC units always go out. The teachers seem to always be unhappy and they take it out on the children. If you are looking into this school I would try to avoid coming here. As a parent of a student that has to attend here I'm very disappointed and will be changing schools ASAP.

Posted August 14, 2013
I used to be a student here and I HATED it. I was bullied and got no help from anyone. I remember not being able to afford lunch and even got bullied for just that! My teacher at the time couldn't figure out how to help me and started caring once my mother called and said I would cry to stay home because I hated it so much. There was one incident where I was shoved down by a teacher when getting a book and sitting with the rest of the students. I didn't do it "fast enough" I guess and she shoved me down. Another incident is when I inched my head and all the kids yelled that I had lice and reported it. I got sent to the nurses office and I didn't have lice but they sent me home anyway. It's great that y'all are happy with this school. But I'm older now and have a baby on the way and I would NEVER put my kid through this school. Sure the academics are good but dang. I would want someone helping my kid if they fell on the playground and got hurt... And not just laugh or walk away like nothing happend. I still hate this school.

Posted October 29, 2011
Reche Canyon is the best elementary school in the Colton School District. The Principal Mrs Mumper trully cares about the kids and all the staff. she brings certificated (teachers) classified (kitchen staff, office staff, etc) and management together. this is not easy to do. moreover the parent participation is great. it is a small school located in a beautiful canyon. your child would be treated well by all staff and more importantly will excel. so if you get an opportunity to have your child transfer do it it will be the best thing you could do for your child.

Posted June 03, 2011
Excellent school. 4 of my children attended Reche Canyon, 5 of my grandchildren and 1 neice attended Reche Canyon. A very proactive administgration, teachers and staff create an excellent learning environment. My children and grandchildren all cherished the learning experience they had at Reche Canyon.

Posted April 29, 2010
My family loves Reche Canyon Elemantary School.Mrs.Mumper is the principal who truly cares about all the students! This school is a California distinguished school.Teachers are great! My son attended k-6 he is a gifted student.He was promoted to middle school.My daughter is in first grade,they both have many awards from this school.They learned from the best teachers at Reche Canyon,I recommend this school to all parents.State testing scores are high.Great school activities.Here at Reche Canyon :parents,teachers and principal work hard to keep students focused and are encouraged to do thier best.

Posted January 26, 2010
It's been a month we move to Texas due to my husband job relocation and we miss Reche Canyon already... I am shock to see that the curriculum in here is so far behind than Reche Canyon...The curriculum & the homework at my son's new school is way too easy for him. I'm very dissapointed with my son's new school (Garner Elementary). I wish I could find school as best as Reche Canyon in here...Reche Canyon is the best ! *Joseph's Mom*

Posted December 15, 2009
My daughter was a new student this year and this school is wonderful. She had an easy transition and her teacher (Mrs. Chapman) is fantastic.

Posted May 13, 2009
My son has been at Reche Canyon since kindergarden, now he is in third grade and is been a wonderfull experience for both of us. Mrs Mumper the principal is really caring about her kids(students) and very supportive to their parents and I couldn`t ask for better teachers for my son staring with Mrs Kocian and Mom Kocian, Mrs Lazzarini, Mrs Murphy and now Mrs Gillete they been great and very kind to me.

3101 Canyon Vista Drive, Colton, CA  92324-9540
Last modified Reche Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.