Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school is very diverse and has many different native languages spoken at home. There are many kind, motivated families that value education. Teachers and Principle are knowledgable and patient. If you are looking for a highly academic and competitive school, this may not be the place for you, although many good things are happening thanks to the staff members. Some students are bussed in from lower income areas and some of these children had no preparation for learning from their parent(s). If you would like your child to have opportunities to learn how to deal with many cultures and types of students and would like a place that needs good kids and strong parents, this school has many great things happening and the right parent support could really make it blossom. I am pleasantly surprised at the experiences we have had at this school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This has been by far the worst staff that I have ever had to come in counter with. The vice-principle does not deserve the title she currently holds with how she speaks to the children and parents and her lack of communication(never met someone so rude). When this was brought to the attention of the principle it seems as if this was not the first time and ended without it being resolved and put off that I was in the wrong as if it was okay for the vice principle to talk to me like that. So far no problems with the teachers but because of the staff it is worth it to have your child attend another school. I am currently trying to transfer mine out to another school, since day one I have had a problem with this staff in addition with them being so disorganized.

This school is terrible. The principle does nothing for the students who are having different issues at school. The staff are Just big bullies. Teachers are constantly missing school because of "mandatory meetings." The children don't get to have any field trips or activities. They have a lot of fundraisers but yet the children do not see any of the bennifits . The school is filled with spiders and bugs. The AC units always go out. The teachers seem to always be unhappy and they take it out on the children. If you are looking into this school I would try to avoid coming here. As a parent of a student that has to attend here I'm very disappointed and will be changing schools ASAP.

I used to be a student here and I HATED it. I was bullied and got no help from anyone. I remember not being able to afford lunch and even got bullied for just that! My teacher at the time couldn't figure out how to help me and started caring once my mother called and said I would cry to stay home because I hated it so much. There was one incident where I was shoved down by a teacher when getting a book and sitting with the rest of the students. I didn't do it "fast enough" I guess and she shoved me down. Another incident is when I inched my head and all the kids yelled that I had lice and reported it. I got sent to the nurses office and I didn't have lice but they sent me home anyway. It's great that y'all are happy with this school. But I'm older now and have a baby on the way and I would NEVER put my kid through this school. Sure the academics are good but dang. I would want someone helping my kid if they fell on the playground and got hurt... And not just laugh or walk away like nothing happend. I still hate this school.

Reche Canyon is the best elementary school in the Colton School District. The Principal Mrs Mumper trully cares about the kids and all the staff. she brings certificated (teachers) classified (kitchen staff, office staff, etc) and management together. this is not easy to do. moreover the parent participation is great. it is a small school located in a beautiful canyon. your child would be treated well by all staff and more importantly will excel. so if you get an opportunity to have your child transfer do it it will be the best thing you could do for your child.

Excellent school. 4 of my children attended Reche Canyon, 5 of my grandchildren and 1 neice attended Reche Canyon. A very proactive administgration, teachers and staff create an excellent learning environment. My children and grandchildren all cherished the learning experience they had at Reche Canyon.

My family loves Reche Canyon Elemantary School.Mrs.Mumper is the principal who truly cares about all the students! This school is a California distinguished school.Teachers are great! My son attended k-6 he is a gifted student.He was promoted to middle school.My daughter is in first grade,they both have many awards from this school.They learned from the best teachers at Reche Canyon,I recommend this school to all parents.State testing scores are high.Great school activities.Here at Reche Canyon :parents,teachers and principal work hard to keep students focused and are encouraged to do thier best.

It's been a month we move to Texas due to my husband job relocation and we miss Reche Canyon already... I am shock to see that the curriculum in here is so far behind than Reche Canyon...The curriculum & the homework at my son's new school is way too easy for him. I'm very dissapointed with my son's new school (Garner Elementary). I wish I could find school as best as Reche Canyon in here...Reche Canyon is the best ! *Joseph's Mom*

My daughter was a new student this year and this school is wonderful. She had an easy transition and her teacher (Mrs. Chapman) is fantastic.

Last modified Reche Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.