Posted February 20, 2014
I LOVE Winnie Mandela Children's Learning Village. Attending this institution i have gained a second family that has prepared me for life, college, and success. The Administration here focuses on the primary needs of each student individually, and provides excellent service in all subject matters. I learned to speak different languages, dance, draw, write, and so much more from the wonderful staff at Mandela. I am forever appreciative of the mark left on my life by this gracious institution.

Posted February 04, 2014
Mandela Children's Learning Village of Compton California. I was the former School Assistant Administrator and now the returning School Assistant Administrator. I work behind the scenes for the most part. But what I can tell you is our teachers are very hands-on in every aspect of the school. Our school offers a very unique approach to each student's educational program. Therefore we educate them individually and in groups so no student feels pressure to perform above his or hers own ability. The last thing I love about Mandela Children's Learning Village is that we teach our children to love and have pride in themselves and never give up.

Posted February 03, 2014
If you are a parent who is truly dedicated to academics and want an environment where your child will be stimulated and encouraged definitely bring them to Mandela School.

Posted May 31, 2013
Mandela Children's Learning Village is a gem in the heart of Compton offering students and parents a rare learning and loving community of support, knowledge, and guidance towards success. As a product of this prime education, I have been blessed to enter into higher academia with a wealth of knowledge about collegiate level subjects that were embeded in me from middle school level at Mandela Children's Learning village. Children are priviledged to be developed in a small family like community with intensive curriculum to prepare them to be independent critical thinkers, high achievers, and life long scholars. It is my recommendation and hope that every child is granted the opportunity to have an education like the one I received at this school. As a Compton native I am proud to know that a full academic experience and education is offered to youth in an urban community where a quality education is lacking and necessary. Overall, my experience at Mandela gave me a life long family of peers and mentors and prepared me to be the best student and leader I can be.

Posted January 09, 2013
As a Mandela alum and my son being a 2nd generation student the excellent standards and education has remained the same over the years and with the great individual time that is spent with every student allows your child to get the educayion that is needed to compete in todays society.

Posted April 05, 2011
I have volunteered at this school and am honored to participate in any of their activities. It is a great environment for learning especially for African American children. This model school has a long history and the founder is a local icon (or at least should be)!

Posted April 04, 2011
I am both a former Mandela student and now a Mandela parent. I utilized the academic tools I gathered at Mandela throughout my educational career until I completed college, from which I graduated magna cum laude. My son, age six, reads at a fourth grade level, knows and understands multiplication facts, has a zeal for learning, and is constantly praised by people for his above average intelligence. Mandela gives children the tools they need to excel in academia and beyond.

Mandela Childrens Learning Village 0

Posted November 30, 2009
I recently enrolled my daughter in Mandela, and I see a tremendous difference in her study habits and her excitement to learn. The staff at Mandela is very helpful and truly care about the students and their education.

Mandela Childrens Learning Village 0

Posted November 19, 2009
I LOVE Mandela. I have a 10 yr old son and a 5 yr old daughter who are products of Mandela. My son is now is public school and he has always been ahead of his peers. Mandela provides children with the individual challenges that they need and fosters such a loving, supportive, and learning environment. I wish I had attended Mandela as a child!

Posted November 18, 2009

Mandela Childrens Learning Village
531 W Tichenor St, Compton, CA  90220
Last modified Mandela Childrens Learning Village is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Mandela Childrens Learning Village Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.