Posted February 05, 2015
This is a great school! Caring, experienced, and committed staff. They are stable and I have seen their students go on to succeed on the collegiate level and become responsible adults. They emphasize cultural values and the principles essential to the cultivation of good people. They have a well rounded approach to education and fully invest in each child. I recommend this school to friends and family.

Posted January 29, 2015
I had the privilege of attending Mandela between the fourth and eighth grade. I can genuinely say that it was the best academic experience I have had thus far. Now, 10 years later I am still drawing from the knowledge and skills I gained at Mandela. I earned a B.A. from UCLA in 2013 and am now completing my first year at Rice University in the Sociology PhD program, and I have yet to come across teachers as nurturing and committed to all-around student development as the teachers at Mandela. I owe them majorly! Thank you so much for believing in me!

Posted January 25, 2015
i am a 10th grader who can clearer see my foundation at Mandela had prepared me for high school. The 1 on 1 curriculum i received allowed my strength to flourish and my weak areas to receive the assistance i needed. I learned to write essays in 5th grade i am using that format in my AP English. I love my alma mater thank you Mandela Childrens learning Village. This school rocks

Posted January 25, 2015
If you are looking for a school to help develop and refine your child, Mandela is the school for you. The classes are small and due to the size, there is a lot of one on one interaction with the students. The staff is caring and very attentive to the student's need. Unlike contemporary schools, Mandela implements a learning program to fit the child's need to ensure success in the classroom as well as in life.

Posted January 24, 2015
I am a student who graduated from Mandela Children Learning village, and I am now graduating high school, and preparing to go to a university. Mandela gave me the skills and tools I needed to successfully graduate high school. It is an excellent school, that chaters to child's every need educational wise.

Posted February 20, 2014
I LOVE Winnie Mandela Children's Learning Village. Attending this institution i have gained a second family that has prepared me for life, college, and success. The Administration here focuses on the primary needs of each student individually, and provides excellent service in all subject matters. I learned to speak different languages, dance, draw, write, and so much more from the wonderful staff at Mandela. I am forever appreciative of the mark left on my life by this gracious institution.

Posted February 04, 2014
Mandela Children's Learning Village of Compton California. I was the former School Assistant Administrator and now the returning School Assistant Administrator. I work behind the scenes for the most part. But what I can tell you is our teachers are very hands-on in every aspect of the school. Our school offers a very unique approach to each student's educational program. Therefore we educate them individually and in groups so no student feels pressure to perform above his or hers own ability. The last thing I love about Mandela Children's Learning Village is that we teach our children to love and have pride in themselves and never give up.

Posted February 03, 2014
If you are a parent who is truly dedicated to academics and want an environment where your child will be stimulated and encouraged definitely bring them to Mandela School.

Posted May 31, 2013
Mandela Children's Learning Village is a gem in the heart of Compton offering students and parents a rare learning and loving community of support, knowledge, and guidance towards success. As a product of this prime education, I have been blessed to enter into higher academia with a wealth of knowledge about collegiate level subjects that were embeded in me from middle school level at Mandela Children's Learning village. Children are priviledged to be developed in a small family like community with intensive curriculum to prepare them to be independent critical thinkers, high achievers, and life long scholars. It is my recommendation and hope that every child is granted the opportunity to have an education like the one I received at this school. As a Compton native I am proud to know that a full academic experience and education is offered to youth in an urban community where a quality education is lacking and necessary. Overall, my experience at Mandela gave me a life long family of peers and mentors and prepared me to be the best student and leader I can be.

Posted January 09, 2013
As a Mandela alum and my son being a 2nd generation student the excellent standards and education has remained the same over the years and with the great individual time that is spent with every student allows your child to get the educayion that is needed to compete in todays society.

Mandela Childrens Learning Village
531 W Tichenor St, Compton, CA  90220
Last modified Mandela Childrens Learning Village is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Mandela Childrens Learning Village Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top