Compton, CA

Clinton, William Jefferson School 2

Posted September 03, 2014
This school is broken. Do not always believe things you see. KNOW facts and speak to teachers and other staff who will tell you honest answers about the lack of support and poor progress of students. Sadly I decided to remove my children from Clinton. Great teachers, yes! Excellent teaching practices, yes! Pride in the community, yes! Positive relationship with administration, NO! Respect from principal and assistant principal, NO! Are select individuals on campus given special treatment, YES! All is not fair. All are not treated equally. I am saddened that two principals cannot support their staff and develop better relationships. Teachers cannot be happy and motivated to teach when they are not supported. This is another reason why African American parents are removing their children. ONE group is getting all perks and treated like royalty. The rest of kids are being set up to fail. I am disappointed. Thank goodness Paramount is very near home.

Posted May 20, 2014
My school is great . But we need to help it . It has great teachers .

Posted March 23, 2014
My kids have access to a lot of technology. Teachers get training to better help our kids learn. Our school has new computers in classrooms, new computer labs, a soccer field and after school program that works with kids to 6:00pm. Principal is available to parents and highly visible. She has monthly coffee and parent trainings to show us that we are a part of the school community. Dr. White believes in our kids and wants to protect their learning which is why she pushed for our school to become a k-8 school. Everyone that I know with kids in Clinton love it and all of the recent changes seem great for our kids and their future.

Clinton, William Jefferson School 1

Posted December 15, 2012
Bad bad bad principal! She is not what a principal should be. The vice principal is bad too. You never see them around school. They play favorite to some parents than change the rules that don't apply to all. She is fake. My kids don't like her and teachers say they don't like her too. She does not care about the kids and treats them like a military camp. I'm removing my kids from the school after winter break.

Posted July 21, 2012
My child will be entering first grade next year and thank to Ms. Levy she is more prepared than ever! The staff is friendly, and as far as I can see Ms. levy is what every teacher to try to be like! She is very concerned and dedicated to ALL students. Thank you Ms. Levy. My wife and I thank you. Also Our daughter loves you!

Clinton, William Jefferson School 2

Posted September 03, 2011
The principal here is bad. She is rude and doesn't have support for parents. She wouldn't let us to meet the teachers on the first day of school. I never experienced this. Then we got talked to like kids and put off the school campus. Don't send your kids here. Mrs. Roberts was much better for the kids.

Clinton, William Jefferson School 3

Posted August 17, 2011
The academic process seems to be ok for now. It doesn't appear to be a lot of building relationships between the teachers and parents like stated at the beginning of the school year of 2010.

Clinton, William Jefferson School 4

Posted June 22, 2011
The teachers at this school really care about the kids and give them their all. All three of my children have gone to this school and left Clinton prepared for middle school. I will miss this community of teachers and would like to thank Ms. Spears, Mrs. Estrada, Mrs. Delarosa Ms. Garrett and all the fifth grade teachers! Thank you from the bottom of my heart

Posted June 21, 2011
To the parent that wrote on June 17, 2011, I want to express my gratitude for that nice statement about my colleagues and I. Your statement is very encouraging and I am sure that we will continue to dedicate ourselves to our students so they can receive and achieve a good education. Thank you, Mrs. Rojas!

Clinton, William Jefferson School 1

Posted June 20, 2011
My Son was in Preschool until 4th grade in general Education the Teachers are wonderful the tutors are great My son who is now in 2nd grade had to be retained due to lack of instruction in Math, reading and writing, the only way I was able to have my son included in general education this year in 2011 is by hiring an attorney because the staff is so against students with special needs being Mainstreamed in general ed.

Clinton, William Jefferson School
6500 Compton Boulevard, Compton, CA  90221
Last modified Clinton, William Jefferson School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clinton, William Jefferson School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top