1,018 students|Compton Unified

Bad
Good

I am so very proud that my kids can attend Clinton. The principal Dr. White is always interacting with the kids and make herself available when parents need her too. She is always smiling and seems very high energy. I watched her standing after school yesterday waving to the kids in every single school bus as the buses left to take the kids home. It was the most kind thing I have ever seen a principal do! Wish I had a principal like her when I was in school. I had to tell my wife about it because it says a whole lot about how much she loves her students and the work she does. The teachers are very serious about learning and try hard to make sure students do well. I wish more parents could volunteer. It makes me sad to read a complaint because I know those people probably don't know much about the school and probably never gives effort to get involved positively. It's not just the teachers or principals responsibility but all of our job to raise and educate our kids. Some people want the school to do everything. Our kids do well because we work positively with the school and stay involved. We love it here and are so happy that the principal took a risk to get the school changed to go to 8th grade. Now our kids can stay in this good place longer and continue to learn and thrive. Did I mention that the school has a technology focus which my kids are always talking about.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The kids talk about something like pbis and how they learn things to make them good people toward others

This school is broken. Do not always believe things you see. KNOW facts and speak to teachers and other staff who will tell you honest answers about the lack of support and poor progress of students. Sadly I decided to remove my children from Clinton. Great teachers, yes! Excellent teaching practices, yes! Pride in the community, yes! Positive relationship with administration, NO! Respect from principal and assistant principal, NO! Are select individuals on campus given special treatment, YES! All is not fair. All are not treated equally. I am saddened that two principals cannot support their staff and develop better relationships. Teachers cannot be happy and motivated to teach when they are not supported. This is another reason why African American parents are removing their children. ONE group is getting all perks and treated like royalty. The rest of kids are being set up to fail. I am disappointed. Thank goodness Paramount is very near home.

My school is great . But we need to help it . It has great teachers .

My kids have access to a lot of technology. Teachers get training to better help our kids learn. Our school has new computers in classrooms, new computer labs, a soccer field and after school program that works with kids to 6:00pm. Principal is available to parents and highly visible. She has monthly coffee and parent trainings to show us that we are a part of the school community. Dr. White believes in our kids and wants to protect their learning which is why she pushed for our school to become a k-8 school. Everyone that I know with kids in Clinton love it and all of the recent changes seem great for our kids and their future.

Bad bad bad principal! She is not what a principal should be. The vice principal is bad too. You never see them around school. They play favorite to some parents than change the rules that don't apply to all. She is fake. My kids don't like her and teachers say they don't like her too. She does not care about the kids and treats them like a military camp. I'm removing my kids from the school after winter break.

My child will be entering first grade next year and thank to Ms. Levy she is more prepared than ever! The staff is friendly, and as far as I can see Ms. levy is what every teacher to try to be like! She is very concerned and dedicated to ALL students. Thank you Ms. Levy. My wife and I thank you. Also Our daughter loves you!

The principal here is bad. She is rude and doesn't have support for parents. She wouldn't let us to meet the teachers on the first day of school. I never experienced this. Then we got talked to like kids and put off the school campus. Don't send your kids here. Mrs. Roberts was much better for the kids.

The academic process seems to be ok for now. It doesn't appear to be a lot of building relationships between the teachers and parents like stated at the beginning of the school year of 2010.

The teachers at this school really care about the kids and give them their all. All three of my children have gone to this school and left Clinton prepared for middle school. I will miss this community of teachers and would like to thank Ms. Spears, Mrs. Estrada, Mrs. Delarosa Ms. Garrett and all the fifth grade teachers! Thank you from the bottom of my heart

Last modified Clinton, William Jefferson School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.