Compton, CA
Students enrolled: 1,138

Posted October 14, 2014
I am an alumnus from Centennial's first graduating class in 1955. Some of the comments about the quality of the teaching staff, or lack thereof, reminded me that when our class celebrated the 50th anniversary of our graduation, Centennial's principal at the time didn't even bother to show up when we began our celebration by visiting the campus. To me, that said it all. The principal couldn't be bothered to meet with members of Centennial's FIRST graduating class. Pathetic.

Posted October 12, 2014
The loss of the Operation Director/ Principal of our school, Centennial High School, where I work, is one of the greatest losses in all my years of teaching experience. Mr. Jones has brought the respect, order, organization, empowerment and pride to Centennial, that the students, the staff and the community has been deserving of. With and under the direction of Mr. Jones, Centennial moved from a program improvement school to a safe harbor school and was on it's way to full accreditation in my opinion. Recent events that have led to his resignation, I truly believe are unjustly unfounded and misdirected. As an individual staff member, I will always stand up and support Mr. Jesse Jones. The joy, life, love and pride he has freely offered to our staff and students will not be forgotten. Maureen McCoy Spanish Teacher Centennial High School Compton, California

Centennial High School 3

Posted December 05, 2013
This school needs more teachers, security!! Every time I come to this school there are always students walking and it's not just 5 students there's more lets just say 15-20 in different directions. There needs to be security to tell these students to get to class. The school is just so unprofessional.

Posted November 26, 2013

Centennial High School 4

Posted July 12, 2011
Im a student at centennial high and when i first started my 9th grade there were pointless riots and sometimes I would be in the middle of it and im not the type of person to fight but there was teachers that pulled the kids that wernt involved in the riot including me and ask to see if we are ok. as of now 2010-2012 this school has greatly improved we went from 6 riots a year to none at all there are students with 4.0 gpa and they are making it in life. I beive that CENTENNIAL IS A GREAT PLACE TO LEARN. i love the all mighty apache!! and i will always be an apache!!! BIG 10

Posted September 01, 2010
This school needs real money put into it. Some of the classrooms are just depressing; how do we expect the children to be positive in this type of environment. The floors are dirty; ceilings and walls have holes, broken desks, etc. Atmosphere makes a big difference in ones feeling & attitude. Some of the teachers are really good but unfortunately the bad ones out weight the good ones. There needs to be more parent involvement.

Posted May 29, 2008
Actuall y the school is great! there so much money thrown at us and the teachers are excellent it's up to the student to take advatage of the opportunities given to them, which are many, and im not a parent, im a student, so my a opinion is worth a little bit moreb/c i'm a student and i'm the one that experiences everything, unlike parents

Centennial High School 1

Posted January 21, 2008
Horrible school the teachers are awful they hardly do any teaching

Centennial High School

Posted January 19, 2008
Centennial has come a long way. I remember a few years ago when it needed to pass accredidation- and it did. Everyone needs to put their components into making a school work. Blaming is easy, it's the self recongnition that's hard. Try that and Centennial can be just as great as other schools.

Posted January 09, 2008
As a student at Centennial High, i think the parents and teachers need to get more involed and encourage us to do well. the school is also lacking on; desks, books, and school supplies. other than that we are doing great! we just need more support from parents, teachers, and students as well.

Centennial High School
2606 North Central Avenue, Compton, CA  90222
Last modified Centennial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top