2,060 students|Compton Unified

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I'm a really proud graduate of Compton High. Ok, I'm not going to sit here and yap about how the school's in great condition or make anything up like that. Let me break it down with the facts. Yes, the school is underfunded. Yes, there are fights almost everyday. Yes, a lot of teachers don't care about what they're doing. Yes, half the students barely care to graduate. All these conceptions about CHS are completely true. All that said, I think if you make it out of CHS and get into a good college, you are blessed. I can not possibly get distracted now that I'm in college. There're kids in my college from richer areas, and they easily get distracted. They're taking drugs, drinking, etc. But I'm a CHS graduate. I managed to stick to academics in high school, and nothing can stop me. I stood out at CHS since I never drank or smoked. I was literally the only one in my friend group who didn't smoke or drink every weekend, and my friend group was relatively sober for only smoking/drinking on the weekends. If you can keep a good mindset throughout your time at CHS, you're set. I think one thing the school could do differently would be to have higher requirements for seeing famous visitors. There should at least be a 2.5 gpa requirement to see them when they come. I had a higher gpa than almost anyone else in my graduating class did, but I had to literally chase Becky G in the parking lot to get a picture with her when she came to visit. If there had been a minimum gpa requirement to see her, there would have 1) been more incentive to do better in classes, and 2) been a lot more intimacy in the gym where she actually came to perform that day.

I love my school and proud to say I GRADUATED from Compton High! And those who are ashamed of being from Compton High should be ashamed of themselves because Compton high is not the best school, but it did its best!

The staff at Compton high is very lazy ! The nurse is never in her office . Overall Compton high is a horrible school.

this school is the worst. i attended this school four years ago and i have to say that now im in college and what has happen is that while others take so little time to write an analysis essay i take the whole day. I did not learn any writing skills while I was in this school which in fact I had to teach myself. Teachers are not motivating some come in just to get their paycheck. Once i asked a teacher from Compton for help in a math problem and he told me to get help from my classmate. I hate this school teachers are there to help you not to send you back to your seat. Also my counselor was trying to put me in a non-college prep course until he saw my GPA which was high and then offered me something else. One last thing stay away from this school this school will get you no where. Im on my way to grad school and everything i have learned i owe it all to my college professors and TA's.

Compton High has change had a enormous impact in the local community in the past recent years. Compton High rocks!

As a parent this would not be the school of choice. As a former classified worker who worked at this school for 5 years , I feel there is nothing wrong with this school. It is up to the student to apply themselves, even the PE dept does testing preps for the students during testing times , there is a lot of stigma tied to this school which is sad , the school just needs more money and attention but the teachers there really care and so did I , the school has lots of potential and I only had one fight per year in there area where I worked believe it or not. The school is like any other high school filled to capacity. you go Tarbabes !!!

As a recent Compton High grad, it pains me to see the delusional lens of some of its current students. Compton High is by no means a great school. It does, however, have academic potential and try to aid its 'better' performing students as best it can. Yes, I too hate that all the negative stigmas tied to our city and school. Nontheless, the fact remains that we are a low peforming and achieving school. It's great to take pride in our city, and continued family generations of schooling; it is not okay to deceive ourselves. Not until recently has the administration been stable. It tool from my brother's time (2000) until I graduated (2007) for us to keep a prinicipal. Although A.P. and honors teachers are pretty hepful and dedicated, the rest of the student populus (and mind you, greater students populus) do not receive the same attention or nurishment.

i'm currently attending Compton High and I think it is a great school with a lot potential. I'm taking AP and honors courses and it's a good challenge for me. If only stuents will the theses challenges, the school would be a better school. There are great teacher and some not so great teachers. I do think that some of the classrooms need to be remodel. I really do think this is a great school.

Compton High School is a great school. it has many activities and clubs. I love it n miss it so much!!!

This school has plenty of oppportinities for students such as :music,sports,and clubs.

Last modified Compton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.