872 students|Compton Unified

Bad
Good

This school is HORRIBLE!!! The lady's working the front office are rude, lazy and they rarely know what their doing. Majority of the time they don't know what's going on in the school, that's because their too busy eating stuffing their face and not doing their job. Very unprofessional.

As a student of this school I believe it is the most wondeful school I ever had. I'm not saying this because I have to or because I went there but because it was literally wonderful. Besides kids acting normal which is bad, the school was great so as the teachers too. Not only did it change my life for education but I've met the best people that you could ever had counting teacher and staff members. I don't know why this school is known as low but it is the best and till this day I wish 8th grade 2010-11 never would've end! Go Davis Generals!!!

Davis is the most coolest school I had bad time but a good teacher fom there had turned my life around to a f student to a honors A student. The band is big and wonderful as I played in it myself even though we did have our bad times. I would never forget the teachers Mrs. Osaji, Ms. Johnson, Ms. Zepeda, Mr. Adkins, Mr. Holloway and of course my favorite of them all Mr. Aska. I love all these teachers because they taught with hapiness and Osaji and Aska made me feel more proud than I ever have. These teachers all deserve of medal for being the most awesomest Teachers in the world! I love Davis with all my heart I would savor those days forever! Love them all from Miss Torres!!!

Davis is a wonderful school. The administers, teachers, and students are Number One!

It's unfortunate that this school is doing so poorly. One can't blame the teachers for the poor study/behavior habits. Ultimately, the children leave school and it is up to the parents to ensure that their children do homework, read, write and do research on the computer..Instead, many Compton children, go home, eat junk food, get on the computer to myspace, video games,the parents do not meet with the teacher, nor do they follow up as to their child's progress. Teachers are facilitators(30%) and parents/students (70%) of the learning team. Somehow all the blame has fallen on teachers, when in fact parents are ultimately responsible for their child's success..

This school is really bad. The classes are over croweded, the teachers have no support in the class rooms which leads them to have no control over the students. The students that want to learn can't because there is no structure. There needs to be something done to help these teachers and the students. I am taking myy child out of Davis at the end of the school year, but I still want to see something done for the other chidlren that are left there.

The staff is kind and caring and my kids feel safe in the heart of Compton. Too many kids, not enough teachers, always having subs, classes overcrowded, no subs available, no parent support

It saddens me to the state of this middle school. I worked hree as a teacher's assistant and found that the students who attend Davis are at a great educational disadvantage. Unfortunately, most leave unprepared for high school curriculm and certainly unprepared for future college admissions. their chances of academic success are further reduced if they leave Davis to attend one of CUSD's High School. Parents need become concerned about and active in their children's future.

Last modified Davis Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.