Compton, CA

Dickison Elementary School 1

Posted December 14, 2013
Dickison Elementary i don't like the principal action wen there are an issue in the school she is so careless about to upset people i cant wait to the end of the year to transfer my kid to another school

Dickison Elementary School 3

Posted December 05, 2013
My son's in the 5th grade and he keeps coming home saying he has another substitute, that he and some other students got sent to the 1st grade class because his teacher was not present that day. Basically what my issue is, is that my child shouldn't be in a 1st grade class because his teacher doesn't come to school.

Dickison Elementary School 5

Posted April 16, 2010
I truly love Dickison! The staff is great and they treat the kids as if they were their own children. They are always there and never afraid to offer their help if someone needs it no matter the nationailty of a parent or student. The principal is very into her students and makes sure they are getting the best education and care that they can get. However, I do feel sorry for the staff because they deal with some many issues from parents, childrens home life and their emotional problems they bring to school with them. Over all this is a very productive school! Dont pay any attention to those with negative thoughts of this school.... All I want to say is keep up the good work Dolphin's Students & Staff you're totally awesome!

Posted April 14, 2010
The principal does not make her self available to the parents that actually care about their kids education,some of the teachers are rude and curse at the students, very disorganized I just moved in the area and i regret sending my child to this school I would rather drive to a school that is worth it.I totally agree to any parent who values their kids education don't send your child to this school.

Posted April 13, 2010
Because teachers are like a family. We look out for one another. We support each other professional and personally.

Posted March 23, 2009
I love Dickison E. My children attend this school and it is awesome. I also work for the district and I think this is one of our better elementary schools. Thumbsup to the staff.

Posted March 13, 2009
This school needs lots of help I will not allow my child to attend another year at this school. The staff is laid back and the students are from homes that I think has no home training what so ever. So if you are a parent that cares about the school your child attends don't send them to DICKISON

Dickison Elementary School 3

Posted September 29, 2007
Need to get better playground and provide more toys and balls for the kids to play with. Need to serve better and healthier lunches. Need to have more activities and plays and bigger auditorium.Better books and more complicated curriculums.

905 North Aranbe Street, Compton, CA  90220
Last modified Dickison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dickison Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top