516 students|Compton Unified

Bad
Good

Emerson Elementary School 5

Posted July 07, 2010
I attended Emerson back in 97 until I graduated in 02 and I have only one thing to say the school system looks bad to the parents who are not invovled. In 99 my class was ranked 3rd in the State for our test scores I was in an excellent Gifted program and only had trouble with one teacher who got fired because of all the conplaints. The staff my have changed but as far as I can tell it has improved the school not damage, I've done community service there form 02 to 07 when I stopped attending schools in Compton but they have tons of after school and summer programs to help their students. If a parent leaves it to their children to inform them of these things, they are sadly mistaken most kids want their summers and free time.

Emerson Elementary School

Posted March 31, 2010
beg to differ with the below statement. The school's API (test score) has been increasing in the past 3 years with a new administrator. Teachers attend various staff developments that are provided by the district and those are the days that they are not there.There's a strong parental involvement and an active PTA that work dilegently for the students. My child went on 2 field trips during the school day and another trip from the after school program. Overall, as a parent with three children here in Emerson, I am truly content with the rigorous curriculum and with the caring staff.

Emerson Elementary School 1

Posted March 30, 2010
I had posted a review a few days ago and it seems that negative reviews go away after they find it .Well im back with the thought that this school cover a lot of there tail when its time to get down when something thats wrong. Im a parent and all children loves me, they talk to me about anything. schools are not like what they are cracked up 2 be. I wonder why do all the kids not just Emerson elemetary inform me that there teachers are never there they do what they wana do. There is no homework and they have no clue what to do when they are home. Emerson elementary needs a review on all teachers, and office it seems that they want there jobs not the the kids education. Half of the old folks cant keep up with time, things change catch up board

Emerson Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2009
It needs a lot of reconstruction. The teachers need teaching. Some of the teachers are never there

Emerson Elementary School 3

Posted March 21, 2009
I think that Emerson is a good school. When my child went there it was an okay school, the teachers are very concerned about the students. Overall it is a fairly good school.

Emerson Elementary School 1

Posted February 10, 2007
My son went there but we moved him to Long Beach Unified, due to the bahavior of the students and the watered down curriculum.

Emerson Elementary School 5

Posted January 31, 2006
Emerson Elementary in Compton is one of the best schools to work in. Our principal is a superb leader who cares about each one of her students as her own. She works late hours and on weekends to provide excellent education to the children in Comptn. Teachers are dedicated and well respected by the students, teachers, and community. Emerson offers variety of programs for the children in Compton, such as after school tutoring, weekend GATE academy, as well as state of the art technology program for each and every child.

Emerson Elementary School 3

Posted August 01, 2005
My son attended Emerson Elementary School for Kindergarden during the 2004/2005 semester. This school does have a good curriculum, but I found the behavior of some of the children to be deplorable. I did not feel that the principal and the staff had enough control over the children and the way the behaved. Although they would have jazz concerts at the school from time to time, I did not see any evidence of any extra curricular activities.

Emerson Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2005
Emerson Elementary is a really fair and good school for your child. They motivate your child and help them out in anything neccesarry. Not only that but they even have extra curricular programs that are of good use.

Emerson Elementary School
1011 East Caldwell Street, Compton, CA  90221-4340
Last modified Emerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.