Compton, CA

Longfellow Elementary School 3

Posted April 26, 2013
My son is currently in Kindergarten, so far he loves it! He loves school! He is learning a lot, and is doing well academically. Ms.Littlejohn has years of teaching experience. I am pleased that my son has the opportunity to be in her Kindergarten classroom.

Posted November 06, 2012
This School Is NOT a very good school, my kids been attending since 2011-2012 and now 2012-2013.. I have had so much trouble out this school my kids have been picked on and injured by other kids. Now im able to transfer them to another school ,, But i do not recommend Enroling your kids here.

Posted September 06, 2012
my children have been attending Long Fellow Elementary School from the end of 2011-2012 and now 2012-2013. since i enrolled them for school in Compton i knew it wouldnt be a good school or school district for my kids.The teachers they had in the past did not provide them with an education as they should have done. My kids did not have any homework for the last 2 months at this school. It really upset me to know that my kids were not getting the education they need and deserve to advance in life. My whole point to this is that the school district along with schools in compton really need to get their act together and worry about childrens education & not only their paycheck. if im not wrong when a person studies & gets degrees in educational teaching that means they wanna dedicate their hard work & career to teaching everything they learned to their present & future students. it takes team work as well & with no communication amongs staff,teachers & parents then there will be no success with these children.

Posted September 23, 2011
This school lacks good leadership. My child's 1st grade teacher is the pits. Cannot control her class, doesn't teach, just talks. A good teacher shows how and why, doesn't just talk the lesson as if to say "I followed the book guidelines, I've done my job" My daughter will be moving to another class with a teacher who got a ridiculously poor evaluation. How can he still be working??? The principal Ms. Emile, does not care about the well being of the students. She has not listened to my concerns and when ever she responds to my emails she does not greet me, but rather just starts writing and doesn't even respond nor acknowledge the concern or answer the question at hand. Very unprofessional. She must only respond to men as one time she started chatting with my husband during an assembly and did not even acknowledge my existence. She must not be used to parents caring about their children education. Wake up and smell the coffee, not everyone in Compton is low-income and ignorant. Hopefully she won't be there too long. She might feel she's doing a great job because no one complains. Some parents don't care thats all. I will see to it that everyone I know hears about her!

Longfellow Elementary School 2

Posted April 27, 2007
This school lacks the participation of caring teachers as well as a caring principal. The principal lacks professionalism and respect for the students. Teachers in the school treat children in a demeaning way, screaming and yelling at them. Children need to be teach with love and discipline. I belive that there is a fine line between abuse and respect. Teachers in the school are crossing that line. They discipline in an abusive way and it needs to stop.

Longfellow Elementary School 3

Posted June 06, 2006

Longfellow Elementary School 5

Posted July 08, 2004
This school has a good reputation for keeping up with the test scores, a friendly staff, and a principal who cares about the well being of the studnets. I thought this summer would be a big mess, but it is running smoothly. My son goes to Caldwell, his principal is there at Longfellow for the summer, she is good but I'm thinking about changing him to go to Longfellow. They have an extensive science program that I know my son will do well in. I just want to say keep up the good work Compton!

Longfellow Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2004
A big majority of the teachers are great, but I have seen on many occasion teachers talking to the students any kind of way, particularly the the women who teach the older kids. The smaller children seem to have calmer teachers. The principal lacks professionalism and sometimes does seem to care about more than a paycheck. The office staff and counselor pick up most of her responsibilities, especially in the area of discipline from what I have seen. This will be the last year my children go to that school. I am not pleased at the lack of security on campus. There have been many times I have just walked on campus. I don't like the fact that children are always running around when I know they should be in class. Open House and Back to School nights lack organization.

Longfellow Elementary School 5

Posted April 10, 2004
The teachers here are great, they really care and go all out to assist in every way possible to help our children. They have very capable staff. The office workers are always helpful and have spanish speaking help. There is a nice helpful counselor, Mrs. Turner, a nice principal assistant - teacher, Ms. Reese, and a Mr. Sater that helps the teachers and the students with the computers. I think this is a great school. I am proud to say my kid goes to school in Compton, at Longfellow Elementary! There are always parents around to help, we are very involved.

Longfellow Elementary School
1101 South Dwight Street, Compton, CA  90220
Last modified Longfellow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longfellow Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top