463 students|Compton Unified

Bad
Good

My son is currently in Kindergarten, so far he loves it! He loves school! He is learning a lot, and is doing well academically. Ms.Littlejohn has years of teaching experience. I am pleased that my son has the opportunity to be in her Kindergarten classroom.

This School Is NOT a very good school, my kids been attending since 2011-2012 and now 2012-2013.. I have had so much trouble out this school my kids have been picked on and injured by other kids. Now im able to transfer them to another school ,, But i do not recommend Enroling your kids here.

my children have been attending Long Fellow Elementary School from the end of 2011-2012 and now 2012-2013. since i enrolled them for school in Compton i knew it wouldnt be a good school or school district for my kids.The teachers they had in the past did not provide them with an education as they should have done. My kids did not have any homework for the last 2 months at this school. It really upset me to know that my kids were not getting the education they need and deserve to advance in life. My whole point to this is that the school district along with schools in compton really need to get their act together and worry about childrens education & not only their paycheck. if im not wrong when a person studies & gets degrees in educational teaching that means they wanna dedicate their hard work & career to teaching everything they learned to their present & future students. it takes team work as well & with no communication amongs staff,teachers & parents then there will be no success with these children.

This school lacks good leadership. My child's 1st grade teacher is the pits. Cannot control her class, doesn't teach, just talks. A good teacher shows how and why, doesn't just talk the lesson as if to say "I followed the book guidelines, I've done my job" My daughter will be moving to another class with a teacher who got a ridiculously poor evaluation. How can he still be working??? The principal Ms. Emile, does not care about the well being of the students. She has not listened to my concerns and when ever she responds to my emails she does not greet me, but rather just starts writing and doesn't even respond nor acknowledge the concern or answer the question at hand. Very unprofessional. She must only respond to men as one time she started chatting with my husband during an assembly and did not even acknowledge my existence. She must not be used to parents caring about their children education. Wake up and smell the coffee, not everyone in Compton is low-income and ignorant. Hopefully she won't be there too long. She might feel she's doing a great job because no one complains. Some parents don't care thats all. I will see to it that everyone I know hears about her!

This school lacks the participation of caring teachers as well as a caring principal. The principal lacks professionalism and respect for the students. Teachers in the school treat children in a demeaning way, screaming and yelling at them. Children need to be teach with love and discipline. I belive that there is a fine line between abuse and respect. Teachers in the school are crossing that line. They discipline in an abusive way and it needs to stop.

Last modified Longfellow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.