Posted April 04, 2014
McNair is a great school. The teachers are hard workers. The principals empower the children. Learning is fun there. The after school program is great for working mothers.

Posted November 04, 2011
Great school! Beautiful learning environment, wonderful staff and their strive for academic excellence is what makes this school the best elementary school!

Posted March 09, 2011
My child goes to Optimal Christian School, which is a great school but after visiting Bursch Elementary, James Academics and Our lady of Victory. Ronald E. McNair School has everything that a hard working parent could ask for. I am a very involved parent that interacts with teachers and students to make sure that my child is provided with the best education. I find that reading, writing, arithmetic, science, music and art it is very important in early child deployment. This school has a library, computer lab, fruit garden, large black top, green grass play area and theatrical auditorium where they put on monthly plays. Each class has a computer work station for students to learn on. Most of all the campus was clean and very colorful. I was taught don t always judge a book by its cover, you might find out that the best schools are in your neighborhood. P.S. So next year you know where we will be? Yours truly, A Hard Working Parent

Posted January 31, 2011
Both of my daughters attended this school since 1st grad. Now we must leave and relocate due to family, Me and my wife have no regrets having our childern attend this school. Since the first day they steped onto the campus the staff has been above above average, consistent with the way they interact with and teach the childern. The Priciple is always present and active and that flows down to the teachers. This is not just a school but a family that strives for excellence in education. It shows in my student test scores and their hunger to learn more. All my kids talk about is the teachers and how they help and take the time with them until they grasp what is going on. They are very big on working with the parents so the kids can get what they need at home and school. McNair Elementary ROCKS in education first then in student support.

Posted September 12, 2010
This is our second year at McNair and I was so impressed with the principal, teacher and the entire staff. My daughter's third grade teacher listened to my concerns about my daughter and she worked with her and I must say, there was such an improvement in her studies. I am thankful for the afterschool program as well. That has also help my daughter to come out of her shell and become more engaged in the activities they have during the day. Thank you all so much for your hard work and dedication to the students. This year my youngest daughter is also attending and so far - she is loving it. Great job McNair - Go Rockets!!!!!

Posted August 31, 2010
I presently have 2 children at McNair; one which have been attending for the last 3 years. I am very impressed the the Principal, Teachers and Staff. The McNair Staff really care about the children and it is seen on a daily basis. The teachers work really hard towards the academic progress of the children. I only wish there were more extracurricular activities for the lower grade levels; but I understand the budget cuts. McNair's After School program last year for my 2nd grader was excellent. Hopefully the standards for the After School program for this year is just as good.

Posted April 11, 2010
In 2005 the rating was the highest in the Compton District. My child had the best K,1st and 2nd grade teacher however when she reached 3rd grade i noticed a major drop in her academic level and interest. It seems to me that the teachers after 2/3rd don't have the patience. The teachers were always absent more than 3times a month. The school year started with a new principle which resulted in a lot of IMPROVEMENT than the prior principle but i feel there could be more parent involvement, needs tutors and the afterschool program yr 2009/2010 is a joke my kid comes home w/homework that is not done / or checked or explained. The prior yr was better homework was done & checked & if not correct was done until correct. K-2nd grade was good after that if you care about your kid's behavior and academics get your kid out!!!

Posted September 18, 2009
I have to say that I am very impressed by how the school's staff and appearance have come a long way. I am a parent of 2 teenagers who attend McNair 12 years ago. Now my baby who is 7 is going there and I love it. The principal and teachers are so great and hard working. I was considering putting my little one in private school but with the many changes and great attention that my girl gets; McNair I can honestly say is better than a private education. I am just really,really thankfull of the many changes for the best that are being done here at McNair. Keep up the excellent work everyone!!!

Posted May 03, 2009
I am highly impressed with the teachers, support staff, and the new principal at McNair. I crrently have two children attending McNair. They are both blessed with very gifted and creative teachers. The principal and teachers go beyond the call of duty for students and their families!

Posted October 17, 2008
I believe that the teachers have very poor resources to enhance the childrens learning. The accomplishments of McNair teachers are wonderful. Secondly, if parents would be more proactive in their childrens learning and less crucial of the teachers things would dramatically progress.

Ronald E. Mcnair Elementary School
1450 West El Segundo Avenue, Compton, CA  90222
Last modified Ronald E. Mcnair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ronald E. Mcnair Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top