817 students|Compton Unified

Bad
Good

I graduated from Roosevelt in 1947 when it was a Jr. High School, grades 7 through10. It was an excellent school then. 4 athletic sports all four years including tackle football. We had an excellent music program, both instramental and vocal. The campus was immaculate because we had gardening classes. It was a beautiful campus. We received and excellent education and were well prepare for the future. It is not like that today, It is a terrible dhame. WHAT HAPPENED? WHY!!!

Roosevelt is one of the top middle schools in compton. i went there 2006-2008 we had the best time of our lives there. im currently a senior inhigh school with a 3.9 gpa. i wouldnt be there if it wernt for the teachers at RMS.

I'm currently going to this school and it is awesome. Sure there are some problems, but name one school who doesn't have problems. GO ROOSEVELT LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roosevelt Middle School is an excellent school. I won't argue that their are some problems in the school, like their are problems in any other school. But if you send your children to this school, you will not regret it. I just happened to Graduate this year, I will miss all the caring teachers, and life time friends I've met. Go Lions!

Many people agree with me when I say that this is the best school in Compton! For the people that disagree, the only think they have to do is research the school more. This school has been MESA National Champions for 2 years running and we are going for the third. Also I am a current Roosevelt Middle School student and if it weren't for those excellent teachers then I wouldn't of had been accpeted to CAMS, which is in the top percentage of High Schools in the state.

This school has been nothing but a head ache. We've had problems with my childs work habits, and the faculty wait until he is failing before they notify me. I've asked for help, and none is available. They do not seem to care, or want to help.

2/12/08 poor leadership, no support system for staff, no discipline, no structure, nobody cares and student's reconize this.

I think this school is fantastic with amazing teacher, staff,the principal Mrs. White Go Lions!

I think that Roosevelt is the best Middle School in Compton. The Principal is one of the best and Ms.Smith and Mrs.Garrett are wonderful Teachers thanks for your patience and hard work with my Daughter I wish we had more teachers like you.

Roosevelt is a great place to teach. The principal is very nurturing and genuinely cares about her staff and students. Parents could be more involved. The staff is very helpful and always smiling. I think students in general need to take more pride in their education, but those values start at home.

Last modified Roosevelt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.