337 students|Compton Unified

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted February 10, 2016
This school having blue ribbon scores is unbelievable. There are too many kids in the classrooms(25), when a teacher is absent no substitute teacher is hired, so often it is 35 children in the classrooms. Also, instead of the kids having books and workbooks photocopies are made to save money and the children can barely see or read the copies, but are expected to do the work.When the Kindergarteners are on the playground there is pretty much no one watching them(1 teacher to watch 5 kinder classes).My child was hit and kicked repeatedly by two children and no one ever saw. Do I blame the teacher?, No, she should not have to watch 125 children. Try having a meeting with the principle, not going to happen, I have been waiting since November. This is not a good school. The teachers don't even have the things they need to teach these children.

Tibby Elementary School 3

Posted August 27, 2015
The principal is not very approachable, come on yes you have the Blue Ribbon award you have succeeded with testing scores which is very important and its gives your school great reviews. But manners are too, rolling your eyes and sitting rather than standing when a parent approaches you is not very pleasant. Please greet the parents with kindness and listen to the parents concerns with an open mind and give them a good response when asking questions we send our kids to school everyday we understand that its a public school and we don't pay tuition but give us some respect we pay our taxes and schools receive funding from attendance. On another note we are honestly very happy with the teachers they've done a great job with our children teachers here are very nice. Keep up the great job!!! Also Ants in the kids food is not okay the district has to do something about that.

Posted October 01, 2014
I taught there under the leadership of Mrs. Ann Coopermshe was the greatest! She took no mess from teachers. She made us stay on our P's and Q's. I with the help of the LORD established leaders in today's system. This school TIBBY was AAAAAAAAAAAplus Let"s go back to the old landmark. Maybe the principal there now needs to contact the The Dynamic Principal Mrs. Ann Cooper and that is the truth!!

Posted September 15, 2014
staff is unprofessional, rude....pajama jeans! come on! Teacher referring to students as "foo's" I could not believe this is an elementary school staff.

Posted November 21, 2013
The Principle and Staff is Rude! The staff talk to you like your from the HOOD! Ms. Plok is a Good teacher but also uses slang when talking to parents. How can Our children become productive adults if the adults at there school dont act like adults. When you walk in the office your never greeted. The office staff is HORRIBLE!!! When you call the district to complain about the principle at Tibby everyone response is yea she's rude but the test score for the school is great.

Tibby Elementary School 2

Posted May 16, 2013
I do not like the principal at all she's just there for the $$$ she's very rude and always has an attitude.But i love Ms.Vialba great teacher.Also they need to change the way they feed our kids.

Posted August 16, 2012
I agree with the last posting (7/18/12).. my son attended Tibby for two years and his last year there was horrible.. He was in several altercations with the same group of boys. The school never informed me I found out because my son called me from his cell phone at school and instead of the principal address what happened they were more concerned about my son bringing a cell phone to school. The principal is GHETTO and unapproachable. Whenever I tried to have an adult conversation regarding these incidents she constantly rolled her eyes in the back of her head along with giving saracastic answers as to what she planned to do about these boys bullying my son. Also when I asked the Secretary and Principal about the school not contacting me their response was "they dont have time to call each parent every single time theirs a problem" and the other excuse was "most parents dont want to be bothered at work and receive a call every single time".. There were several other incidents but thats just to name a few.. His teacher was great as far as the Academics side but if I had a choice or if I'd known then what I know NOW.. I would have sent my son to another school..

Posted July 18, 2012
My son went to Tibby last year and let me tell you I was very disappointed with that school. The teacher he had was very rude. I put him in an after school program there big mistake he would come home and his homework wasn t done or it was unreadable. I couldn t believe they would let him do that not to mention the wrong answers. I was very displeased with the school. To top it off my son came home with a bruise by his eye, I never received a call or a letter explaining it I had to go and ask. The answer I received was that a boy shoved him in to the wall umm okay I should have been notified. Other parents feel the same way about this school I ve spoken to various.The parents are not intune with the school.

Posted January 27, 2011
I actually love Tibby Elementary & i just joined the PTA. Im looking foward to another great year. GO EAGLES!!!!!!

Posted December 26, 2010
I'm a former student and this school is great!! The teachers are really cool and the staff is nice! The teachers are always eager to help and give tutoring if you need it.

Tibby Elementary School
1400 West Poplar Street, Compton, CA  90220-1537
Last modified Tibby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tibby Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top