Posted September 15, 2014
staff is unprofessional, rude....pajama jeans! come on! Teacher referring to students as "foo's" I could not believe this is an elementary school staff.

Posted November 21, 2013
The Principle and Staff is Rude! The staff talk to you like your from the HOOD! Ms. Plok is a Good teacher but also uses slang when talking to parents. How can Our children become productive adults if the adults at there school dont act like adults. When you walk in the office your never greeted. The office staff is HORRIBLE!!! When you call the district to complain about the principle at Tibby everyone response is yea she's rude but the test score for the school is great.

Posted August 16, 2012
I agree with the last posting (7/18/12).. my son attended Tibby for two years and his last year there was horrible.. He was in several altercations with the same group of boys. The school never informed me I found out because my son called me from his cell phone at school and instead of the principal address what happened they were more concerned about my son bringing a cell phone to school. The principal is GHETTO and unapproachable. Whenever I tried to have an adult conversation regarding these incidents she constantly rolled her eyes in the back of her head along with giving saracastic answers as to what she planned to do about these boys bullying my son. Also when I asked the Secretary and Principal about the school not contacting me their response was "they dont have time to call each parent every single time theirs a problem" and the other excuse was "most parents dont want to be bothered at work and receive a call every single time".. There were several other incidents but thats just to name a few.. His teacher was great as far as the Academics side but if I had a choice or if I'd known then what I know NOW.. I would have sent my son to another school..

Posted July 18, 2012
My son went to Tibby last year and let me tell you I was very disappointed with that school. The teacher he had was very rude. I put him in an after school program there big mistake he would come home and his homework wasn t done or it was unreadable. I couldn t believe they would let him do that not to mention the wrong answers. I was very displeased with the school. To top it off my son came home with a bruise by his eye, I never received a call or a letter explaining it I had to go and ask. The answer I received was that a boy shoved him in to the wall umm okay I should have been notified. Other parents feel the same way about this school I ve spoken to various.The parents are not intune with the school.

Tibby Elementary School 5

Posted January 27, 2011
I actually love Tibby Elementary & i just joined the PTA. Im looking foward to another great year. GO EAGLES!!!!!!

Tibby Elementary School 5

Posted December 26, 2010
I'm a former student and this school is great!! The teachers are really cool and the staff is nice! The teachers are always eager to help and give tutoring if you need it.

Tibby Elementary School 4

Posted September 02, 2009
Better than most schools in the area. For spanish speaking parents, there is almost always a translator available at all PTA/parent meetings. Teachers are very dedicated and involved with after-school programs and the neighborhood is nice.

Tibby Elementary School 0

Posted April 08, 2009
The Tibby grounds are kept up very well. The maintenance crew of Mr. Lane, Mr. Benson, and Mr. Robinson do a good job keeping the campus litter and graffitti free. Keep up the good work guys!

Tibby Elementary School 3

Posted September 08, 2007

Tibby Elementary School 0

Posted August 30, 2007
The afterschool program is certainly a well put together program. The only problem with this school is the bathrooms are not kept clean whatsoever. Let's see how it looks when the new school year begins this fall...

Tibby Elementary School
1400 West Poplar Street, Compton, CA  90220
Last modified Tibby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tibby Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top