Posted September 30, 2014
Graduated from whaley this year and now currently attending 9th grade. The school is improving very well. Teacher's like Ms.. Boyce, Ms. Dayfallah,coach dixion and new teacher Mr. Contreras, they are extraordinary teacher's they actually take time to help out with students and taught me that we have to put ourselves first and respect ourselves. Whaley middle school is really improving and if I could go back I will.

Whaley Middle School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
I really wish that Whaley wins! I went to school here, and now my daughter does.

Whaley Middle School 3

Posted June 10, 2013
Whaley is an average school, a bit below my expectations. The school looks better now, due to new paint (still no lockers for books nor P.E.). The class sizes are about 30:1. They could have more support programs like after school tutoring and clubs. They could also use more security in the fields and lunch area.

Whaley Middle School 2

Posted March 04, 2012
Whaley has improved over the past few years, although there are still a lot of shortcomings that need to be addressed. Some teachers such as Mr. Mohn, Mrs. Wilson, Mr. Weiss, Ms. Byrd, Mr. Reyes, Mrs. Estal are quality educators. There are still many teachers at the school that need a lot of improvement in their teaching and classroom management. The Principal, Mr. Lyles, has a difficult time getting along with the other teachers and staff. He has had 3 secretaries and one Assistant Principal quit in the 2 years that he's been Principal at Whaley MS. The new Assistant Principal( Mr. Ramon) is liked by most teachers, staff, as well as by the students. Mr. Ramon treats everyone with dignity and respect. If Mr. Ramon were Principal I would have little doubt you would see real cohesion within the school and a dramatic improvement in state test scores.

Whaley Middle School 3

Posted February 06, 2012
This school in most part is a great school. If you have the potential to learn, the place where you study shouldn't matter. The teachers are very helpful, the staff is like family and the principal is very cooperative. The fights and graffiti and other things are just like any other middle school. I say this because I was a student there and I graduated in honors and now I'm attending CAMS and I was never caught behind because my teachers taught the correct material. Again, if you have the potential to learn, you'll learn.

Whaley Middle School 1

Posted March 23, 2011
this is by far the worst school i have ever seen. bad teachers,bad Principal,bad staff and bad school dist.!!....belive me i went hear years ago and still a very very sad disappointment!! can't wait to see l.a. school dist. take over or at lest turn in to a green dot school...

Posted January 20, 2011
This comment is to the person who posted that Whaley is a bad school let me tell you the school is like that because of the students behavior because of the fact that their parent's didn't educate them well! My TEACHER'S were EXCELLENT and I APPRECIATED THEM VERY MUCH.

Whaley Middle School 1

Posted October 28, 2010
THIS SCHOOL IS A BAD SCHOOL TEACHERS DO NOT HELP YOU OUT SOME OF THEM CANT EVEN CONTROL THERE OWN CLASS THEY LET YOU DO WHATEVER YOU WANT AND THEY DONT DO NOTHIN ABOUT THE GRAFFITI AND I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I WENT TO THIS SCHOOLFOR 3 YEARS

Whaley Middle School 4

Posted November 16, 2009

Posted August 11, 2009
we at whaley are very cooperative and very respectable when it comes down to going on field trips and have company at our school. our teachers are very good and they try their best to get our students motivated for a test. they also try there hardest to help out a student in need.

Whaley Middle School
14401 South Gibson Avenue, Compton, CA  90221
Last modified Whaley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whaley Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top