Compton, CA

Willowbrook Middle School 5

Posted February 26, 2010
I had a very positive experience at Willowbrook Middle School. The staff is very professional and the teachers care about their students. The school has improved a lot lately.

Willowbrook Middle School 5

Posted February 15, 2010
We are Hispanic parents. Our kids go to Willowbrook Middle School and we are very happy with the administration and teachers. We highly recommend this school, they are very professional and nice, something very difficult to find in this area.

Willowbrook Middle School 4

Posted February 04, 2010
I am a teacher at Willowbrook Middle School. This school is great. The teachers work as a team for the most part. We have a lot of support from our principal and assistant principals. They make us work hard, but we know it is for the good of the students. We have seen our hard work pay off with rising test scores. With budget cuts fast approaching, it is very important that we as a community stick together and keep Willowbrook on the right track.

Willowbrook Middle School 3

Posted October 08, 2009
I am a teacher at Willowbrook, and I find it very sad that it is said that there is not teacher support. I (and many of my other colleagues) have devoted countless hours after school (unpaid) to help tutor students who are struggling, have invited parents to observe our classrooms, have spent hundreds of dollars of our own money for supplies, and have spent much of our preparation periods calling parents of the children who are struggling to discuss their child's progress. I'm not sure, given the resources we have access to, what more we as teachers can do to provide support for students. Those students and parents who ask me for help (and at least a dozen other teachers at Willowbrook that I know of) receive it. And our test scores have continued to rise over the past 5 years.

Posted December 02, 2008

Posted July 12, 2008
I went to Willowbrook Middle School in the year of 2005-2006. It was not fun. There were only two clubs to join. AJROTC or MESA. No after school sports. Test scores were very low.

Posted March 23, 2006

Willowbrook Middle School 2

Posted April 13, 2005
My child has attend willowbrook middle school for about a year and a half. Coming from a private school i must say that I am very disappionted in the public school system. Not that it was a surprise to me I have never experinced it beacause my children have always attended private school. although there are some fairly good programs avaliable to the students there, they only apply to a selected few. Those who are gifted enough for the programs. They are not open to everyone. Parent participation is very low adn teacher support is low as well.

Posted March 11, 2005

Willowbrook Middle School
2601 North Wilmington Avenue, Compton, CA  90222
Last modified Willowbrook Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willowbrook Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top