Concord, CA

Posted October 20, 2014
St. Francis of Assisi has an incredibly supportive school community. My children have thrived in this faith-based environment supported by fantastic teachers and families! The school has a fantastic before and after school care program and offers a variety of enrichment activities such as Musical Theater, Music, Art, Dance, and cooking as well as athletics.

Posted November 03, 2013
Our family left public school to come to SFA. We haven't regretted our decision as our children are thriving academically and finding God in every day lfe. The school has high standards academically, in citizenship, in fundraising efforts, and an emphasis on getting along in a culturally diverse yet small school. Mostly parents struggle with the tight-knit culture, not the students who are actually attending. One must have a sincere desire to put their kids before themselves when they join a small, religious, private school. Those that adopt "others before themselves" philosophy will find a great resource for their children that will prepare them for life. Itis humbling to make financial sacrifices to send your kids to school, but it is worth every penny. Spanish, computers, aids in classes, hot lunch, before & after school care, car-line drop off/pick up, Church on campus, smart boards, gym, library, after school sports, after school enrichment, philanthropic activities, reading specialist, high acceptance rate to Catholic boy/girl high schools, experienced & caring staff.

Posted August 21, 2013
We came to this school after multiple cases of bullying at another public school. The principle here is amazing. She genuinely cared about our family since day one. I will admit there are some MEAN parents that love to gossip about others, but for me- that's their problem and has nothing to do with my child's growth and learning ability at the school. Those parents are just bored, feel entitled, and lack kindness. If you can let it roll off you then don't worry! There are some great parents too! Just like a small town, a small school has drama and everyone knows (or tries) to know everyone's business. It can be a good and bad thing. I have had nothing but great experiences with the teachers so far, and their assistants. Overall it's a safe loving school- that I do believe puts families first and we are happy with our choice to come here!

Posted August 17, 2013
This is a great school for my son. We have been very pleased with the teaching staff. They are kind and very competent. The parent volunteers are amazing. We felt welcomed by the kindness of the parents, teachers and principle. We look forward to sending all our children to St. Francis of Assisi.

St. Francis Of Assisi 1

Posted August 05, 2013
This is not a school you should send your children to. Parents and student are mean and DO NOT practice good Christian values, 25% of class room students read below grade level. I wish we had been warned too, we pulled our child out after the first year. Principle does not disciple students that act badly and bully other children.

Posted July 15, 2013
The quality of the students and faculty at St. Francis make this an ideal school for those parents who want an enriching Catholic school experience for their children. The school is well worth the financial and time sacrifice that parents must make to ensure that their children receive a sound Catholic school education.

St. Francis Of Assisi 2

Posted June 07, 2013
SFA is not a true example of the Catholic way of teaching or running a school. This school allows mean kids and parents to run this campus. Parents are not welcoming to new families. I agree with the prior post regarding swearing on campus, it's TRUE! We were assured by the school principal that SFA followed a zero TOLERANCE for bullying and misconduct...we found that to be false. We pulled our child out as well, I do not recommend this school.

Posted April 17, 2013
Our grandson has absolutely blossomed at St. Francis. The teachers and principal are superb. We have found all to be caring, competent, and professional. The support and sense of community are exceptional. The Day Care Center is well run and provides a caring environment. We would highly recommend SFA.

St. Francis Of Assisi 1

Posted March 18, 2013
My children came from another Catholic School which was AMAZING! I was very disappointed with SF after 1st day at school my kids come home telling me that everyone swears. Shocking for a Catholic School. Loved the 4th Grade teacher! Unfortunately when a problem arose, I didn't feel confident that the situation would be taken care of so we left the school. Also, parents are NOT welcoming to new families. I was hoping for a better experience especially from a Christian/Catholic School.

St. Francis Of Assisi 2

Posted March 15, 2013
Have noticed this school has many things that must be changed. Teachers sponsor and recognize the children of adults with a high income or in other words 'rich'. The teachers make most of the students feel targeted for no circumstance. The teachers' goal in most cases is to get students in trouble or accuse them for nonsense (3rd grade). I find very few of these teachers caring and loving towards students. In my personal opinion; I would not recommend this school for any children. The teachers treat specific students better than others. Students that fall below grade level are promoted onto the next grade due to "no space" to hold child back. My child went from an "above grade level" to a "meets" since we moved to the area and had to place our child into a new school. 4th grade Sci program is a joke, there is NO testing and kids are given assignments that are NOT clear, teacher (a swim coach) makes kids feel bad for asking questions. P.E. instructors is over weight eats donuts while teaching, allowed to have kids sit in the gym for 40 min with lights off on floor w/ no air conditioning. Lack of supervision on campus during recess & lunch ~ anyone can walk on / off campus.

St. Francis Of Assisi