K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Our son is a 3rd grader at SFA. He has some challenges with reading and writing and the school has been extremely supportive and nurturing . They make sure that each student progresses academically and gets the support they need to succeed. SFA is just not a school, it's a community which comes together to pray, learn and have fun.

Amount of homework: Neutral

The homework load is heavy but relevant for the standard of the school.

In searching for schools for my children, I visited several schools in the area to evaluate the style, the education, and the community within the school. At the 1st open house, I immediately got a sense of community that present throughout the whole school. My daughter has been attending for 5 years and I am still impressed by all of the staff and the leadership within the school. My daughter is challenged by the course work and the students are polite and the school is preparing them to be successful in the future. I can only hope that the great teachers and staff will be there when my son attends the school. Another positive aspects of the school is the parent involvement, I know the parents of each one of the kids in my daughters class and they know my family. I feel a level trust that as a collective the parents are looking out for the best interest of not only their children but of all the children of the school.

We have been very pleased with the school. Many notches above a public school education, well-rounded curriculum (e.g.: integrated foreign language in the lower grades, after school enrichment programs such as music and kids cooking are fantastic!). The teachers and staff members are incredibly caring and responsive. I feel very confident my children are getting a quality education. Well worth the expense.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are just wonderful. Smart, engaged and award winners. Kind. Fostering kids' positive attitudes.

This is a wonderful school. My husband and I were firmly set on sending our children to public school but when we started really researching schools in regards to academics and campus atmosphere/resources/communication our public school no longer seemed a good option. We were looking for a small school with caring teachers and a warm, family atmosphere. We found all of this and more at St. Francis of Assisi. We started at the Kindergarten level and will never look back. Student to teacher ratios are great and there are lots of resources like reading revolution, speech therapy services, early intervention and tutoring. Plus the tuition is very reasonable compared to what private schools typically charge ($700 ish per month) and after school care costs next to nothing. Also, I find that this school is very welcoming to not only catholic families but also non-faith families.

We have been so happy with our experience at St. Francis. Our son is thriving in the caring environment and has done so well . The teachers are wonderful. We really love the community feel of this school.

We had a great start at St. Francis, we liked the fact that principal is a nun. However, we found out that our daughter was being bullied and abused very badly by one of her classmates and we went to talk to the principal about it expecting her to address the parents and take care of the problem. My daughter didn't want to go back to school after she broke down and told us what was going on and we went to see the principal to report it. We kept our daughter home for one week waiting for the principal to take some action against that kid and to our heart's dismay, she didn't do anything. We decided to pull our daughter out of St. Francis and move her to another school. We were even more disappointed when we found out that the kid that was abusive towards our daughter didn't get reprimanded. That added insult to injury. This summer we found out that the mother of said child was hired as part of the staff which was pretty much a slap in the face and very upsetting to our whole family. We are glad to be out of St. Francis and would not recommend it due to its lack of leadership.

St. Francis of Assisi has an incredibly supportive school community. My children have thrived in this faith-based environment supported by fantastic teachers and families! The school has a fantastic before and after school care program and offers a variety of enrichment activities such as Musical Theater, Music, Art, Dance, and cooking as well as athletics.

Our family left public school to come to SFA. We haven't regretted our decision as our children are thriving academically and finding God in every day lfe. The school has high standards academically, in citizenship, in fundraising efforts, and an emphasis on getting along in a culturally diverse yet small school. Mostly parents struggle with the tight-knit culture, not the students who are actually attending. One must have a sincere desire to put their kids before themselves when they join a small, religious, private school. Those that adopt "others before themselves" philosophy will find a great resource for their children that will prepare them for life. Itis humbling to make financial sacrifices to send your kids to school, but it is worth every penny. Spanish, computers, aids in classes, hot lunch, before & after school care, car-line drop off/pick up, Church on campus, smart boards, gym, library, after school sports, after school enrichment, philanthropic activities, reading specialist, high acceptance rate to Catholic boy/girl high schools, experienced & caring staff.

Last modified St. Francis Of Assisi is a Private school that serves grades K-8