No rating

Calvary Temple Christian School

Private | K-8 | 202 students

Living in Concord

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $157,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,310.

Posted April 9, 2014

My son has attended Calvary Temple Christian School since preschool, the young age of 4. He is now 14 and in Junior High and I can honestly say that my husband and I have been truly BLESSED beyond belief to have found the very best school to have entrusted our son to for the last 9 years! Next year will be his last year in this school and it is with a very heavy heart that the day will come that we must say good bye to a truly amazing, loving, caring, educational school with great Christian values. The staff treat your children as if they are their very own. They not only teach what our kids need so desperately to learn but they teach what other schools do not, love and respect! I honestly cannot say enough good about this school, its just impossible to put 9 years of praise, gratitude, love into a small rating. Our son has been an A+ student since pre-K so I think that speaks volumes with how great this school. Best thing, my son has never NOT ONCE been bullied from Calvary Temple. Only loved by his teachers, principal and fellow students. Its almost a fantasy come true. You would not be sorry if you placed your kids in this school. You really wouldn't!

Posted January 24, 2014

Excellent Christian school with wonderful staff and a great curriculum. My daughter loves attending school here and looks forward to class every morning.

Posted January 21, 2014

CTCS is awesome! We have attended a couple other schools in the area and this one is great.

Posted January 21, 2014

This school is awesome with an amazing staff who genuinely love all of the children. Strong academics to be sure, but much more than that this school shows children how to put compassion for others in motion. My children run to school when I drop them off (and not just to get away from me) :) Love it!

Posted January 21, 2014

We are very glad to have been led to CTCS. Excellent staff and leadership. I love the balance between academics and spiritual development the children receive. The teachers are sensitive to the development of the children in every area.

Posted December 6, 2011

This school is AMAZING!!!!!! The teachers, the principal, the staff, the students all amazing!!!! I recently pulled my daughter out of the public middle school and knew, instantly that this was the school for her. She has been welcomed with so much kindness. I am so thankful for Calvary Temple. I cannot say enough positive things about this school. I feel blessed!!!!

Posted December 5, 2011

CTCS is a great place for students to thrive academically, socially, and spiritually. I love that my kids get a great education in a place where they feel loved and accepted, on top of the fact that they get to worship God in a weekly chapel. It melts my heart as a mom to know that they love going to school!

Posted December 5, 2011

We have three children at CTCS, and all three are thriving there. We've experienced K-5 so far, and all their teachers have been awesome. They give each student lots of time and love. The curriculum is academically challenging, but not overwhelming. We are very impressed with the level of dedication from the whole staff - the principal is very involved with the students, and it's obvious that the kids all love him. The spiritual education my kids are receiving is outstanding - I love the fact that they have the opportunity to worship God at school, as well as at home and at church. We feel blessed to have our kids at CTCS!

Posted June 3, 2009

My daughter has loved her experience at Calvary Temple Christian Preschool. The staff is so friendly and awesome. I'm sad she will be leaving.

Posted January 7, 2009

My son is a 1st grader at CTCS and I can only hope to continue thru the 8th! The teachers are very personable with the students from all grade levels. The foundation they have in place is a strong one, I cannot recommend this school enough!

Posted December 15, 2008

My son attended Calvary Temple Christian School for eight years. He thrived in the loving, Christian atmosphere. He loved his teachers and principals and made many good friends among the student body. He now is in his freshman year at Berean Christian High School. He was very well prepared for high school by his CTCS, experience. His first quarter grades were, four A s and two B s. I can t recommend Calvary Temple Christian School enough!! Vawn Fishbaugh

Posted September 16, 2008

My son has attended CTCS since he was in preschool. He loves the school and takes pride in it. I feel that he will be ready to move into high school with confidence. The teachers and staff have always been there to partner with my husband and I to direct him both spiritually and academically. I believe that he is developing a great foundation that will be a benefit to him in his high school years and beyond.

Posted August 18, 2008

I was a student at Calvary Temple Christian School 3 years ago. I started off in the pre-school and went all the way through 8th grade. I loved going to school there. All of the staff and teachers were very fun and kind. They cared about their jobs and their students. This school gave me a solid christion foundation for the rest of my educational career. I am now about to be a senior at a public high school and I am planning on attending Evangel University in Missouri next Fall.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 30, 2008

My child recently graduated from 8th Grade after 10 years at Calvary Temple Christian School. He started at 3 years old in the preschool and continued all the way through. Overall, he has had an excellent educational foundation grounded in Christian morals and values. As he moves on to high school, I am confident that his experiences at CTCS will lead him to long term success.

Posted March 11, 2008

CTCS is a great school with a close community of Faculty, Students and Parents. The teachers are dedicated to teaching every student academics and strong christian values. Older students often look out for the younger ones. All students and parents are encouraged to be involved in school activities. Since enrolling my child, CTCS has met and exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Calvary Temple Christian School.

Posted January 17, 2005

Small private christian school with excellent academic program. After school program includes basketball.

Asian or Pacific Islander 15% 11%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • WASC Accredited
  • ACSI Accredited

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Spanish

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

School start time
  • 8:50
School end time
  • 3:00
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (925) 458-9870

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Assistant principal(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Cafeteria
  • Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer lab
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom