Concord, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted January 11, 2012
We are in our first year at WRA and I can honestly say my son is thriving and surpassing his potential at this wonderful school. Where else, given the state of education in California, can you find a school that caps the number of students per class - 16 max??! This in and of itself was a huge draw for us. No child goes wanting.Teachers are committed, passionate and very caring and loving. The students are shining beacons - all of them and the staff always go the extra mile. Keep up the good work WRA and thank you for making my son's first year a raging success.

Wood Rose Academy 4

Posted September 26, 2011
The staff at WRA work very hard to meet the needs of every child (and their parents). Modeling the virtues for their students and always giving them their best is of highest priority for the WRA teachers and administration. The education community here is one of professionalism with a heart. My Above Average rating reflects our sincere belief that there is always room for improvement in our school (or any school).

Wood Rose Academy 1

Posted September 11, 2011
Had an extremely bad experience at this school. Unprofessional behavior by the school staff and some teachers. Would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 29, 2011
Wood Rose is a wonderful school! We are so happy to have found it, it's a wonderful nurturing environment with high academics and a focus on virtues. The children watch out for one another and the families are all very friendly. Lots of parent involvement and a real family atmoshpere.

Posted August 12, 2011
WE LOVE WOOD ROSE!! Our children have flourished and thrived in this wonderful loving environment. We could not ask for anything more in a school! The school community is inviting, and you know as soon as you walk on campus that you are in an awesome environment. The children are absolutely encouraged in the classroom and the academics are very solid. We are so pleased with the growth we see in our children, not only spiritually but academically as well. Don't let one negative comment deter you from such an amazing school, come see for yourselves and you will fall in love with everything about Wood Rose!

Posted August 12, 2011
We have been a Wood Rose family since 2009 when we enrolled our son as a Kindergartener. We chose the school based on its small class sizes, gift of self philosophy, and warm, friendly environment. Our son has not only thrived academically but has grown in every area of his life. He s made wonderful friends, developed close relationships with his teachers, and is growing into a well-rounded young man because of his experiences at school. He feels supported by all of his classmates and the entire extended Wood Rose family. He can t wait for school to start again in a few weeks he says that being at school is way better than summer vacation!

Posted August 11, 2011
We brought our son to Wood Rose after a terrible year at a public school in Walnut Creek. Attending Kindergarten for a second time could be a challenge for any child, but the teachers and staff took it upon themselves to make sure he was welcomed, involved and challenged at every level. As a new parent, I was introduced to the community and greeted with open arms. While our family was still establishing our spiritual beliefs, the teachers, staff, students and community were so supportive of our exploring and growth; never did we feel scrutiny or any disparity directed our way. We have appreciated the open door policy and being able to communicate any of our concerns or worries as well as the school's ability to always listen to and take constructive criticism. As a "family" we have grown together. Now entering his third year at Wood Rose, my son can't wait for school to start. His desire to learn, to read, to excel and to be his very best is a direct reflection of the love and support the school offers. I would recommend Wood Rose to any family that asked.

Posted August 11, 2011
Wood Rose Academy is like my second home! I have been here since Kindergarten, and I am very aware that this school is one of the best. I have been here since Kindergarten, and I have never felt any bullying or experienced any. I am a Sikh, and I was never discriminated. I just graduated this year and have been accepted into Carondelet High School. Now being accepted into CHS is not a small thing; you have to have good grades. I have good grades, but that is because the teachers and staff taught me everything I know. All the kids are treated equally, and I can promise you that your child will always come home with a happy face. I love WRA and it will never disappoint you! Thank you!

Posted October 20, 2009
Our children have benefited greatly as a result of attending this school. Our second grader 'feels loved' by the warm and caring staff. Our eighth grader feels 'challenged' and 'inspired' by her teachers who set a wonderful example of living the school's philosophy 'Gift of Self.' The small class sizes, virtue program, solid academics, diverse K-8 student body, strong parent community, and qualified staff and administration make the school an unparalleled environment for learning and growing. After moving to the area to be closer to the school, I have been amazed at how many people have never heard of Wood Rose Academy.

Wood Rose Academy 1

Posted June 10, 2009
Our child went to this school for several years, and we ended up being very unhappy with the school for a variety of reasons, one of which is a personal experience with some teaching staff that was extremely unprofessional, and then what we felt was the lack of support for my child by the administration to resolve the situation. We have transferred our child to another school.

Wood Rose Academy