Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 14, 2016
My daughter is finishing up 4th this year, she's been here since kindergarten. With the exception of her 1st grade teacher, whom seemed a bit too "harsh" for 1st graders, we have had nothing but wonderful experiences with Ayers. - I went here as a child as well, and I turned out great ;) haha!

Posted February 14, 2014
My student was diagnosed with moderate autism. He was socially awkward and would not interact with others. He has been attending Ayers only sine the start of this 2013-2014 school year and I can already see the difference in him. What is even more amazing is he now socializes with his peers (in and out of school) and comes home and always speaks about his "friends". He has the most amazing teacher and support staff. The Principal is awesome and caring and the office staff a hit! The PTA and their programs are outstanding. Thank you Ayers for bringing out what I always knew was in my child.

Posted October 05, 2013
I love Ayers, the teachers are fabulous, my daughter is a 3rd grader this year and every teacher she has had has been excellent. Her first Kindergarten teacher made the suggestion to keep her in Kinder another year and I am grateful to her for pushing for it cause it was the best decision we made. The principal this year is wonderful! I am proud to be a parent at Ayers.

Posted September 27, 2013
We have been at Ayers for 2 years and I though we have had principal issues the first 2 years the teachers are amazing! Now we have a new principal that I am very excited to work with. She has a strong vision for how our school should grow with the new common core changes. I am confident that she is the exact principal that our school needs to make this transition as smooth as possible. With motivated teachers and a new strong leader the school has no where to go but up and up! It is an exciting time at Ayers and we are proud to send both of our children there.

Posted September 27, 2013
As a parent to several children who have attended Ayers, I have to say I have been very happy with the school. We have had to go through some difficult changes with principals etc, in the past few years, but the teachers and parents have stayed strong and have united to continue to make Ayers a wonderful place to learn. We have a wonderful PTA that is always striving to provide assistance to the teachers, plan fun activities all year long for the students and remain a positive group for the school. And with the new principal, the staff, parents and students are looking forward to a very successful school year!

Posted September 23, 2013
Ayers is a fantastic school! Even amidst multiple principal changes over the past several years, our parent and teacher dedication has remained strong. And finally it seems we have found a wonderful leader in our new principal, Mrs. Petersen. She is positive, professional, and seems to be partnering beautifully with the staff and PTA. Ayers has a very active PTA that is dedicated to serving the needs of the entire school. One of my daughters attended Ayers K-5 starting in 2007 and the other is still there. Ayers, like all MDUSD schools, is not free from challenges/problems but with a responsive staff and active, supportive parents, our school continues to thrive.

Posted July 31, 2013
I have been extremely happy with Ayers Elementary School. I have two children who have attended Ayers. One is going into 4th grade and the other graduated the year before last. The staff and parents are very dedicated and involved and have made both of my children feel comfortable in the classroom and proud of their accomplishments. I would recommend this school to any parent who is new to the area or is contemplating on placing their child/children into a public school.

Ayers Elementary School 1

Posted March 30, 2011
My son has been Bullied by other students at this school and his teacher. My son has had issues at this school non stop since day one. His attitude at home changed he became aggressive and violent at home because of the stress at school. The issue was brought up to the NEW PRINCIPAL on numerous occasions and she did nothing about it. This is a epic FAIL of a school. I had even talked to the teacher and was brushed aside more then once. And since my son is now having depression issues we have pulled and are looking for a new school. Thank you AYERS for destroying a bright kid that scored in the 99% percentile on the star testing last year your fail not ours.

Posted May 08, 2010
My son was in a Concord private school last year, and we transfered him to Ayers this year. I thought that spending all that money on private school was getting him a better education, but it turned out to be just the opposite. He is getting a better education at Ayers, and he is much happier. I have noticed that the teachers are very focused on the 'teaching' part of their job. The parents and PTA seem to do the rest. There is tons of parental involvement. The new principal is awesome! She truly cares, and has called me on a few occassions to talk about my son, even though he wasn't in trouble. I highly recommend Ayers.

Posted October 19, 2009
Ayers has a great group of teachers, staff and very involved parents. It is a very warm enviorment. I do wish academically that expectations were higher. I think many children arecapible of much more.

5120 Myrtle Drive, Concord, CA  94521-1522
Last modified Ayers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.