Concord, CA
Students enrolled: 1,084

Posted August 17, 2014
This school needs major improvement. The staff is rude, inconsiderate, and irresponsible. The teachers try their best with the resources they have. Some of the kids are bullies and have no regard for fellow students feelings, but we can blame their parents for that.

Posted August 14, 2014
Don't send your kids to this school. I don't know what is worse, the kids, the parents or the leadership at the school. We had to beg for books, our kids were bullied, teachers made fun of our kids for asking for homework, teachers make the kids do the grading, kids were smoking weed in class and the list goes on. Something has to be done about Contra Costa Education.

Posted July 23, 2014
EL Dorado, may not have the best academics, but we have teachers who try their best with the budget they are given. In my opinion, by how the teachers work extra hard, it makes up for other things we may be lacking. Yes, there are some fights, and maybe not everyone obeys the dress code, but those are just the negatives which we are working on! There are so many positive things about EL Dorado as well! The Leadership class works so hard with anti-bullying weeks, and drug free activities. Yearbook makes the best yearbook ever even if it's a little pricey. Just this year our CJSF president won the Marian Huhn award, which is a huge deal! CJSF also raises money for all types of charities. Not to mention all the fantastic diversity of the school which is not seen in many others. So maybe if people stopped looking at the negatives, they would see what a great school EL Dorado is.

El Dorado Middle School 4

Posted May 11, 2014
Very confusing. The teachers are all absolutely great. It's the students that won't cooperate. I would know because I am a student. The kids cuss, fight, and don't follow the dress code. Not the teachers. Peer pressure is a biggie at this school. Bullying is also a minor issue. The leadership class is awesome. Just work on the bullying and helping the kids be friendlier. People rate schools on appearances too, so work on redoing some stuff like the bathrooms, pod, etc.

Posted May 02, 2014
My niece goes to El Dorado and the teachers are great. Willing to help whenever she needs help. Email a teacher about a concern you get the reply right away if the school is open and are willing to talk with you.

Posted February 03, 2014
This school is terrible there are students that need help and they see them and they don't help them also there are students because they are on the football team they don't get in trouble and are allowed to do anything also the teachers teach way to fast expecting you to learn an entire lesson and get it the first time around they give you way to much homework and the library is only open once evey week and the lunch they serve you is terrible and not healthy at all

El Dorado Middle School 4

Posted May 30, 2013
my school is best of the best I love it hear and the teachers are the coolest

Posted May 27, 2013
my school is awesome!!! Its the most amazing school in the district, the teachers are great and the students are so nice!

Posted March 24, 2013
At El Dorado Middle School the "inmates run the asylum" as in the 12 years old bullies and future gang members have free reign and while Mr. Humphrey is a nice guy you can't be friends with the kids. I am sure the kids think it's great that the staff would rather act like 12 year olds themselves but one day when these kids are sitting in jail I am sure they will wish they had gotten better leadership in their formative years.

Posted August 16, 2010
I really enjoyed working with the teachers, staff & principal. 2010 and moving on to high school. Could not have asked for a better experience for my child and myself at this school.

El Dorado Middle School
1750 West Street, Concord, CA  94521
Last modified El Dorado Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Dorado Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top