Concord, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 25, 2014
This is going on my 3rd year at El Monte. We recently moved . I was informed that my daughter will have to attend Wren Ave Elem this fall. This is also a great school, teachers, staff, etc. but ... I am bias to EL MONTE ELEM in Concord, Ca. I appreciate the tenacity of principal Christina Boman. She is diligent in getting extra funds for the school & she has been running since her return from #2 maternity leave Feb 1. I am impressed by the way she handles the diversity of families with care regardless they speak little or no english. She is friendly, professional, and believes her kids will thrive & succeed in the future! On top of that, she is out on the circle daily to handle the "traffic control". This is something most sites can learn from to make it easier for parents to drop off/pickup kids. THANK YOU!!!

Posted September 29, 2013
El Monte is such a great school. There are wonderful teachers, involved families, and energetic insightful students. We have an active after school program (CARES) that provides structured after school enrichment and homework help. Our little school promotes community involvement and service learning as well as helps students gain an understanding of the environment and the food cycle. From our garden, to our chickens, to our compost center, our students learn about where food comes from. Our school offers many opportunities for students to explore their creativity through performance art (Karaoke club, after school plays and musicals, and our Glee Club is practically famous). El Monte is the best elementary school I know.

Posted August 30, 2013
This is my second year at El Monte. I have worked in several school districts and schools in the area, and I have been so impressed with the organization and dedication of all the staff members here. This place is a well oiled machine! Everyone on site works collaboratively with each other to ensure our students receive a wonderful education, not just in academics, but also in how to treat others and develop personal responsibility. I am happy to be back again this year, and look forward to another great school year. Go Bulldogs!

Posted August 27, 2013
This is my 9th year of teaching at El Monte, and every year has been a true pleasure. The El Monte community includes a wonderful team of teachers, administrators, office staff, and maintenance staff, all of whom appreciate each other, get along well together, and support the children as individuals as well as students. There are opportunities for students to experience extracurricular activities (glee club, creative writing, etc.) either before or after school, and occassionally extra school-wide events take place (Olympic Games, science assemblies, etc.). El Monte has made steady growth in it's academic measurement tools (API), and above all, El Monte is a safe place to send children to school.

El Monte Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2013
El Monte has a very caring and capable staff who work together across classrooms to being the whole school to its highest potential. They've raised test scores every year for the last four or five years in a row, some years making huge leaps in progress. Their after school program is excellent, with opportunities for enrichment in creative and performing arts as well as in sports. They're doing great work all around!

Posted August 26, 2013
I will have had kids at El Monte since 2010 and love this school! My daughter has loved her teachers and is so excited to begin a new year. The teachers truly care about the students and go above and beyond. The teachers have fostered a great love of learning in my kids. Mrs. Boman is a wonderful principal who has gone out and found additional funds to improve El Monte. She is very dedicated to the students, parents and teachers, and it shows. All my encounters with the staff have been good too. They are all very helpful and considerate.

Posted August 26, 2013
I am so excited for my son to start TK at El Monte this year! So far the principal and staff have been so helpful, professional and kind! The school grounds are very clean and my son loves exploring them. From chickens to reptiles and a beautiful library...we can't wait to be part of the El Monte family!

El Monte Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2013
This is a great little school with an excellent Principal. We have gardens and animals making it a lively setting. We have great office staff and lovely teachers, and custodians. Overall this is a great school. The PTA is very supportive of the teachers and the students. We even have a local church that supports the teachers. I would recommend this school.

Posted August 26, 2013
I'm so glad that I registered my son in El Monte elementary school . Every body working in that school are so nice and helpful. I'll give them five star . We are so lucky to find this wonderful school . I recommend it to another students too . Thanks a lot . Rozita karimi

Posted August 20, 2013
When children are engaged, amazing learning can happen! It starts with a solid leader such as Mrs. Boman. Her energy and vision have helped raise the STAR test scores of our students over 125 points in the last five years. The teachers at El Monte are continually honing their skills to make sure students are learning at their peak. The support staff work diligently to keep the office running smoothly, the campus looking great, and feed the hungry little people! The PTA works tirelesly to raise funds for field trips and classroom supplies. It truly takes a village to raise a child, and the teamwork exemplified at El Monte Elementary is an example of how to do it right. Come visit our chicken coop, bunny hutch, snake habitat and extensive veggie and fruit gardens. You'll want your child to attend our vibrant, energetic, nuturing school. El Monte Bulldogs rock!

El Monte Elementary School
1400 Dina Drive, Concord, CA  94518
Last modified El Monte Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Monte Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top