Concord, CA

Posted March 10, 2015
Prior to my child being enrolled I had no knowledge of the low test scores (over all lowest in the district) or that the overall behavior of the children that go to the school.I never thought these things would raise concern for me personally as a parent. The school is overly populated with 6th, 7th, and 8th graders with extreme disciplinary issues displaying disrespectful and violent behavior not excluding: racial slurs, bullying, and no regard for adult authority. My child witness violent fights and was threaten after helping a friend. There has been frequent visits by the police who have had to physically remove students from the campus due to the students violent behavior towards another student. My child personally has experience some of the the things mentioned above, as well as be violated in the girls restroom. These things mentioned is only covering just a few of the unresolved issues. If you are a parent I strongly urge you to visit this school before sending your child to Oak Grove Middle School. I personally would not recommend this school to any one. There is no regard to my child's safety and a middle of the school transfer is a long frustrating process!

Posted February 25, 2015
The administration, teachers and special education staff at Oak Grove Middle School in Concord have all done a wonderful job in supporting, educating and preparing my son for high school. Ditto for the after school CARES program.

Posted December 29, 2014
Hello, I am a student at Oak Grove and may I just say that it is the best thing that ever happened to my sister and I. To the racial comment about the school being a nightmare to non-Spanish speakers; the students here all treated equally. Ever since we were little, my family and I have moved around a lot. This is the only school we've felt comfortable at. The staff here are at a personal level with the students. I really love it here. P.S shout out to Ms. Murphy Oates, we will always love you :)

Posted May 08, 2014
A discriminatory nightmare to non-Spanish speaking kids! Gang induction and non-conforming (to Hispanic aligned groups) isolation. This problem is fueled by political and local social issues and a general unwillingness to enforce the use of English even though it IS a requirement to become a citizen.
2 people found this helpful

Oak Grove Middle School 3

Posted September 11, 2013
My daughter has attended only a few days, therefore I rate the school three stars until I learn more. I want to express my disappointment at the ignorant remarks made by some people unhappy with the school. Making references to the primary language of most students, or the neighborhoods in which they live is entirely irrelevant to the school's quality. I tend to be more concerned with the mentality and limited cultural awareness of parents that send their students to school in a country pressed to become culturally aware. How can a parent even hope for a school to enrich the life of his or her child when there's no sense to educate oneself at home, and gain greater worldly knowledge about the demographic changes taking place as we speak.

Posted October 13, 2012
its really a nice school good educational teaching the bullying comments are really not reliable comments i find that school a miracle to go to

Posted October 13, 2012
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL FOR MY CHILD my littlest girl is in 6th grade she comes home with a big smile on her face the oldest is now in 9th she loved that school she cryed and told me she didnt want to leave

Posted October 13, 2012
this is a really great school i love my friends the teacher everyone there i never want to leave

Posted June 07, 2012
i go to that school and i know it has bad reputation but not every one is bad there are bright students and excel the teachers are great they teach what they need to teach and they help the students do good or great in the SATR test so if you think that is a bad school its NOT its acutally a good school NOT EVERYONE there BULLIES its just how you treat the other people... LIKE THE SAYING ... YOU HAVE TO TREAT OTHERS LIKE HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED ... I go there and im not a bad person

Posted October 28, 2011
The school principal never follows up with your concerns. The principal has other employees call you to follow up. When I went into the office to express my concerns with my son, she was visible in her office and didnt come out, I know she heard everything...shows why her school is a 2! We will be home schooling our son and getting him out of there. He is a white boy and is constantly harassed by the MEXICAN kids. What has this world become? VERY SAD situation! If your child is white, dont send them here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oak Grove Middle School
2050 Minert Road, Concord, CA  94518
Last modified Oak Grove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Grove Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top