Concord, CA

Posted May 08, 2014
A discriminatory nightmare to non-Spanish speaking kids! Gang induction and non-conforming (to Hispanic aligned groups) isolation. This problem is fueled by political and local social issues and a general unwillingness to enforce the use of English even though it IS a requirement to become a citizen.

Oak Grove Middle School 3

Posted September 11, 2013
My daughter has attended only a few days, therefore I rate the school three stars until I learn more. I want to express my disappointment at the ignorant remarks made by some people unhappy with the school. Making references to the primary language of most students, or the neighborhoods in which they live is entirely irrelevant to the school's quality. I tend to be more concerned with the mentality and limited cultural awareness of parents that send their students to school in a country pressed to become culturally aware. How can a parent even hope for a school to enrich the life of his or her child when there's no sense to educate oneself at home, and gain greater worldly knowledge about the demographic changes taking place as we speak.

Oak Grove Middle School 4

Posted October 13, 2012
its really a nice school good educational teaching the bullying comments are really not reliable comments i find that school a miracle to go to

Posted October 13, 2012
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL FOR MY CHILD my littlest girl is in 6th grade she comes home with a big smile on her face the oldest is now in 9th she loved that school she cryed and told me she didnt want to leave

Posted October 13, 2012
this is a really great school i love my friends the teacher everyone there i never want to leave

Oak Grove Middle School 4

Posted June 07, 2012
i go to that school and i know it has bad reputation but not every one is bad there are bright students and excel the teachers are great they teach what they need to teach and they help the students do good or great in the SATR test so if you think that is a bad school its NOT its acutally a good school NOT EVERYONE there BULLIES its just how you treat the other people... LIKE THE SAYING ... YOU HAVE TO TREAT OTHERS LIKE HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED ... I go there and im not a bad person

Posted October 28, 2011
The school principal never follows up with your concerns. The principal has other employees call you to follow up. When I went into the office to express my concerns with my son, she was visible in her office and didnt come out, I know she heard everything...shows why her school is a 2! We will be home schooling our son and getting him out of there. He is a white boy and is constantly harassed by the MEXICAN kids. What has this world become? VERY SAD situation! If your child is white, dont send them here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted October 27, 2011
We have just moved to the area and my son started attending this school... OMG! I am doing everything I can to get him out of this place. Horrendous! He is so unhappy there... He is a white boy with blue eyes and is being singled out and beaten by other kids ( only spanish speaking). Called racial slurs, etc. Called the school and no one responed to my worry. The leadership is extremely poor. Beware!

Posted September 27, 2011
Great news! We FINALLY got our daughter OUT of this "school". I would bet money that any positive reviews on here were not written by who it says they were! 98% of this school is populated by those who live in the 4-corners area of Concord and speak Spanish as their primary language and the school clearly caters to them. The fighting, bullying etc has NOT stopped. I would avoid this school at all costs if you're looking for a safe place and a good educational environment.

Posted March 27, 2010
we have received better test scores and a have shot up 64 points in the cst scores the highest moving school in California

Oak Grove Middle School
2050 Minert Road, Concord, CA  94518
Last modified Oak Grove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Grove Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top