Concord, CA

Silverwood Elementary School 4

Posted June 12, 2014
We simply love this school!! Our daughter was new to Silverwood, 5th grader, transferred from a private Catholic school where she dealt with bullies and just plain mean kids and parents ... Silverwood welcomed her with open arms, the students, teachers and parents are great, thank you Silverwood!!!

Posted June 02, 2014
Great school! My kids love to go to school everyday because of the greatness of their teacher! Teachers, Staffs and the principal are well educated and knowledgable.

Posted April 04, 2014
The teachers, staff, and principal are all very friendly, professional, caring, and knowledgeable. They know how to effectively encourage and accommodate special needs students. They are able to help their special needs students to thrive while learning. Our current teachers last name begins with a T. If you have had the honor to have her as your child's teacher, then you know how fantastic this woman is with helping and encouraging her students to progress. She has exemplary skills and knowledge for teaching students with Autism.

Posted June 27, 2013
We have absolutely loved our time at Silverwood! The teachers are fantastic!!! They seem to be on the cutting edge of educational practices and truly care about the kids. The principal and support staff have been available and extremely helpful. In addition, the parent support is great. Love this school!

Posted May 23, 2013
Love, love, love the kindergarten techers!! They are amazing!! They are fun, super-patient and really get the kids excited and motivated to learn and do their best!

Posted September 07, 2011
My 5 year old son was transferred to this school after the staff at Sun Terrace was so careless with him and lost him on his first day of school Tues. Augs. 30 2011, he was found almost a mile from the school wandering a neighborhood, it was a nightmare... Since being transerred here the very next day, I can only say that I LOVE THIS SCHOOL, he is in Kindergarten and his Teacher is amazing, he is shining like a star at Silverwood, Thank you so Much to the principle, staff and his new K Teacher for making us feel so welcomed and making sure my child is safe and sound in his classroom when I get there to pick him up each day.... I only wish all schools would follow in Silverwood's footsteps!!!!!

Posted May 27, 2011
My grandson goes to preschool and the big kids adore him. Wish my granddaughter could go their for her first grade.

Posted May 26, 2011
Great school, dedicated teachers and principal. My child is absolutely blooming here and I am very pleased that this is my neighborhood school. Very diverse student body, which I love. They don't just teach the children academics heer-they teach them to be good citizens, and that is just as important to me. Love them!!

Posted January 24, 2011
I am a former student of Silverwood Elementary and I thought it was great!!! I am now 22 years old but I have never forgot what that school did for me. The teachers were/ are wonderful! I was a Special Edd student and they helped me through a very hard time in my life. The teachers supported me when my parents did not and showed me kindness and love that I have never seen before! The school will always have a special place in my heart!!! I owe who I have become to Mrs. Erby and Mrs. Aronald. They showed me that I could be better and do better than my parents and that success was an option!!! I learned the biggest lessons of my life at Silverwood and recommend it to parents who want their children to learn caring, love for life, and a passion for learning!!!

Posted January 09, 2011
This school is a true gem. Nestled in a tidy, working-class neighborhood, the parents and staff work together to provide a top-quality education for the students.

Silverwood Elementary School
1649 Claycord Avenue, Concord, CA  94521
Last modified Silverwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silverwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top