Concord, CA

Posted February 13, 2014
The pick up and drop off zone is reserved for buses only. And us parents are expected to share a small parking lot/ drop off with the neighboring jr. high. its designed horribly and there is a ever day issue with the traffic. my son almost got ran over twice and I seen close call crashes. And there is constant arguments. there is also a high school across the street,so it makes it impossible to find parking to walk your child to school. every week the school has some kind of scam to ask parents for more money.I think they concentrate so much on money that they're failing to teach our kids and thats why the testing scores are some of the worst in the district. A few others dislikes I have are ;the classrooms are overfilled, unhealthy foods are offered in money making attemps, and only christain holidays are recognized and celebrated.

Westwood Elementary School 4

Posted February 05, 2014
I would like to respond to the review dated January 31, 2014. A kindergarten student did leave the classroom on the FIRST day of school. He followed his parents out the door when the parents left the room. I noticed that he was missing immediately and called the office and the child was found in front of school, not across the street. The parents were informed of the incident by a phone call from me that VERY DAY.

Posted January 31, 2014
My child used to go to this school for 2 years. At the beginning of the school year a kindergartner snuck off school grounds at the beginning of the day and another parent found the child across the street. The principal never informed the parents. The principal runs away from issue and seems to hide from problems (or hide problems). Kids hit and bully each other and the principal doesn't inform the parents. The office staff and other staff spend to much time gossiping about each other or the principal and parents. If you send your child to this school make sure you tour the school and just show up there to tour. Also something that worries me is that the office staff doesn't ask for ID when picking up children early my mother picked up my child no one asked for ID. My mother also walked around campus for 15 minutes looking for the class and waiting for my child and not one staff member stopped her to ask why she was on campus she did not have a badge or anything saying she could be their. If your child has to go to this school I would say to be involved. These are also my experience and observations, you may have other experiences.

Posted March 05, 2012
I am a parent of two young kids who have and do attend CASY. It has been a great experience. A fun learning environment. Kids come out more than prepared to succeed in kindergarten. Most are reading before even going to kindergarten. The 4 to 5 year is where the magic really happens. I encourage all parents to keep their kids until age 5. You will be amazed how your kids blossom that year. Fun loving caring teachers and low student to teacher ratios are key Thanks CASY!

Westwood Elementary School 0

Posted May 12, 2010
Westwood promote cultural comprehension especially with deaf and hard of hearing students. My daughter is a child of a deaf mother and westwood allows her to utilize sign language at school and at home. She has the best worlds.

Posted July 07, 2009

Posted February 15, 2009
Westwood is a great school. There is a lot of parent involvement and the Parent Faculty Club is wonderful. My children love thier teachers and everyone seems organized and on top of things. They do a great job helping both the low and challenging the high students. It is a very welcoming and friendly environment.

Posted August 13, 2008
My daughter will be in the first grade this year. Last year, she had the best teacher! She was always there when she had a problem or needed some help. She did so many class activities, all were challenging but fun. The homework was interesting, in the begining it was easy, but as the year passed it got harder and more challenging. But went along with the level the students were on. I love this school!

Westwood Elementary School 0

Posted November 01, 2007
My daughter started Kindergarten this year and so far we like the school. There is alot of parent involvement which is great, it gives us a real look into the school. They have a great Parent Faculty Club which does alot of activities for the school. So far the class work for my kindergartener is on the easy side so I am interested to see if they will challenge my daughter. It has only been 2 months but so far I cannot complain.

Westwood Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2007

Westwood Elementary School
1748 West Street, Concord, CA  94521
Last modified Westwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westwood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top