Bad
Good

Posted April 28, 2015
Wonderful school !!! Ms.anaman (kinder teacher) is a great teacher my daughter was reading thanks to her!! The principal is always involved with the students always has a smile ! They have movie Fridays! Books to take home Monday-Friday encouraged kids to read read read! Sadly we moved ! I recommend this school

Posted December 18, 2013
Y.V.E is an awesome school! My oldest daughter attended there and has finished all the way. I never had any complaints . When MS.RICHARDSON was there. Intill ms.kissinger attended there. Well now for the first time i have a complaint, today my son got these two PLASTIC MEDALS they looked like if they were bought in the 99 cent store they didnt have no student name or date on it ,for scoring good in math and lanuage arts. While on the other hand when my daughter attended when MS.RICHARDSON was still there , they got real real medals ones with a name and date on them. It just feels like joke to me that the new princapal doesnt even care for the childeren hard work! I think she should know the difference about elementary school and the milatary base!!!! Thank you parents for your support and i hope we fix this to make a better school for our children!!

Posted August 22, 2013
Ygnacio Valley Elementary is an awesome school. My daughter attended there from Kind. thru Fifth grade. She just graduated from 5th grade in June. All of her teachers were great. They all cared about their students. Ms. Richardson, who was the Principal the whole 6 years knew the ins and outs of her school and all of the students and parents loved her. The office staff were also a winning team. We will miss YVE so much. This school makes learning fun for all the kids.

Posted April 29, 2013
My child attends the Cornerstone Family School program at YVE. It's a really neat program, and I think my child is getting a great education. The teachers are wonderful - very caring and skilled at teaching. Because the Cornerstone program requires parent participation, there is a lot of help in the classroom. Additionally, the class sizes are small (20 max), which is a gift at a public school! We go on regular field trips, and have weekly 'enrichment' programs (art, cooking, etc.), put on by parents. Cornerstone is like a family - we regularly have events outside of school hours (potlucks, talent shows and the like). They're low-key and fun for the kids. YVE as a whole has "a good vibe"; it's a happy place to be. The teachers all rave about the principal, and it's evident that morale is good. We're very happy to be at Cornerstone Family School and Ygnacio Valley Elementary!

Posted March 28, 2013
the best teachers,best principal,nice people,nice students,nice office staff,safe for kids here,teachers are outside after school they are make sure the kids safe to go home.

Posted August 28, 2012
my daughter is really happy this school, all teachers are focus evey kids. Good participation for the teachers & parents, always say present for the differents activities, but the principal needs in focus out the old sustitute teachers because doesn't have patience with kids.

Posted August 28, 2008
My child attends a charter program within YVE called Cornerstone. It is a wonderfulr program and only has 10 kids per grade in 3 split grade classrooms (K/1, 2/3, 4/5). Each family is required to donate 2 hours per week which means, at any given time there is at least 1 teacher and 1 parent per 20 kids - amazing ratios for a public program! The younger children are also paired up with an older child. 1 parent is required to attend the monthly meeting as well as serve on one committee. Keep in mind, this may be a bit of a struggle for families with 2 working parents, but when I get frustrated and discouraged, I take a look at the regular class sizes and the amount of chaos and disorganization there is with 1 teacher per 30+ kids. Not good!

Ygnacio Valley Elementary School 1

Posted October 08, 2005
My child attended this school in 04/05 and it was the worst experience we ever had. We actually moved to be able to go to a different school during the summer because the academics were so low.

Posted September 23, 2005
Lack of funding & parent participation.

Posted August 23, 2005
I really liked my son's teacher, but concord really lacks the funding and resources that other more affluent schools have.

Ygnacio Valley Elementary School
2217 Chalomar Road, Concord, CA  94518-2595
Last modified Ygnacio Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.