Bad
Good

Posted July 07, 2016
I graduated in 1969. I thought YVHS was a great school. We had great teachers and a solid college prep program. We didn't have AP back then. We had lots of activities and a very active student body. My class had about 650 students with a total student body population of about 3,000. I worked hard but also had time for other things. I was involved in student government throughout my four years. I played basketball and was involved with a number of clubs. All-in-all it was a very good experience.

Ygnacio Valley High School 4

Posted December 30, 2013
YV really isnt what you think it is. Currently, I'm a sophomore here and i have to say i have no complaints about receiving my education here, despite what others may think. its hilarious how people make this school out to be. Yes, the rumors are true to some extent, like the Hispanic population, but is that really a bad thing? i always get scorned and looked down on when i tell people i go here, and it really saddens me. people assume its an easy school, where only idiots and super ghetto kids go. saying these things only make you look close minded and stuck up, because honestly, YV is just like any other highschool. it has bad and good kids, great and horrible teachers. going here has changed me for the better in so many ways, and i can really say i love it here. the aura is so calm and chill, because everyone keeps to themselves. everyone's experience is different, and some may not agree with me, but with an open mind and a drive for success, you can make your high school years here really great and worth it, as im doing right now. i wouldn't trade this school for anything else. Warrior Pride all the way.

Posted May 02, 2013
YVHS is a wonderfule school that meets the students where they are and challenges them to improve themselves and prepare for the future. It is a wonderfully diverse campus that can meets the needs of AP students, English learners, and everyone in between. The Health Science and Education Academies are great programs and the addition of career tech classes ensure success of the students. The academics are rigorous as evidenced by four Gate Scholarships in the past four years.

Posted June 11, 2011
I absolutely love this school. I just graduated from yv and even though it has some bad kids, its a fantastic school. Every school out there has bad kids. Most of the trouble is caused by freshman and sophomores. But yv has many great people, fantastic teachers, a caring staff, and so many clubs and sports to choose from. Any negative stuff you hear, like there is a fight every day, is just from half empty types of people. Yv is a great school and i'm proud to say that i'll always be a warrior!

Posted October 20, 2010
i love this school. who ever said the teachers are out of control is wrong. you must be a freshman or sophmore. but this school is not bad at all. the teachers are great! and the only students that mess up the school this year are ; freshman and sophmores who think they are all that. sorry but its true.

Ygnacio Valley High School

Posted October 09, 2010
YGHS has many great teachers that make my daughter want to go everyday.

Ygnacio Valley High School 1

Posted August 27, 2010
the sschool is so poor and kids are nice but the teachers and kids are really out of control

Ygnacio Valley High School 4

Posted May 05, 2009
nice school they have great sports for kids to try out

Posted December 02, 2008
Let me tell you the truth about Ygnacio Valley High School. I've been a student for 3 years, and I must say YV is truly an incredible school. I get scorned by people from other schools when I tell them that I go to YV, and I think it's humorous that people can judge a school's potential by listening to rumors. Yes, the majority of the school (racial diversity aside) isn't up to par with state standards, but that has nothing with the school's educational aptitude. Spectators observe YV and only notice the negatives. What's overlooked are our true diamonds in the rough: our top scholars, our excellent honors/AP programs, our diverse selection of courses, and our hardworking teachers who strive to students succeed. Do you really think Ygnacio Valley High is an easy school? Try taking our Honors Chemistry class, or our AP US History, then come talk to us.

Ygnacio Valley High School 2

Posted July 26, 2008
I was a student at this school and currently have a sister who is attending as a Junior. To give YV credit, they have a bunch of students on hand who have terrible economic problems at home. However, this doesn't excuse them for their lack of higher academics. I do not recommend this place for anyone who is trying to pursue higher academics. Not only have they discouraged my sister from skipping grades and getting ahead, their AP test coaching is terrible. If you want diversity, go travel.

Ygnacio Valley High School
755 Oak Grove Road, Concord, CA  94518-2899
Last modified Ygnacio Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.