PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This is a Catholic school which operates in concert with the Catholic church on site, the Catholic diocese in Oakland, and ultimately under the heavenly father himself Pope Francis. There are a lot of moving parts and people involved, and traditions. This is both the beauty of the school and also it's challenge. It can only be as loving, smart, and committed to truth and respect.....as the institutions and people that control the walls in which it operates. Accept this and you'll be just fine. This school is not required to accept everyone, doesn't have to change for you or your child, and if your child doesn't fit in....you'll know early and often. Don't be offended....Catholic schools in general are known to be inflexible and rigid ....this is no exception. I guess only you would know as a parent if this school will enhance your childs self esteem or rob them of it. To be perfectly honest, I've seen both happen and the damage only occurs when the parent doesn't follow their gut soon enough. I've seen parents do some crazy things in an attempt to keep their kid here (hours of tutoring, questionable diagnoses).....this never ends well. There are many roads to success and DO NOT think that this school is the best road for your kid if it's plain and simply not. All I can say is that you'll know when you know. There are good and not so good teachers here...like at every school. There are issues like bullying, cheating, favoratism...like at every school. There are wonderful parents and annoying ones....like at every school. My point is simply...this isn't perfect for everyone. Best of luck to you in your decision.

I remember it like it was yesterday…my daughter taking the Kindergarten entrance test as we were applying to St. Agnes School. We wanted our daughter to have a well-rounded educational experience which incorporated a sense of community, Catholic values and strong academics. As St. Agnes parishioners, we were so excited to apply to our Parish school! We hoped to be part of a Parish school where parents wanted to be involved and were excited about the school, and we believed St. Agnes was that school. Fast-forward and our daughter has just started the 6th grade and I can honestly tell you that St. Agnes School was the best decision for us. Parents partner with faculty to ensure our children succeed. My daughter is thriving academically and spiritually in this faith-filled community and has learned to help those less fortunate through service. We have made life-long friends who we consider family. If you are wondering if St. Agnes School is the right place for you, I wholeheartedly say YES IT IS and WELCOME!

Our family loves St. Agnes School! We have been a part of the school for around 10 years now with our oldest son having graduated and our youngest one newly starting. We re still so happy to be a part of such a wonderful community! Our children are surrounded by caring teachers, administrators, students, and volunteers. We are very excited to have our kids in such a positive learning environment. St. Agnes is a loving, welcoming, and supportive community and we are very much looking forward to continuing to be a part of such an amazing catholic and educational experience! We HIGHLY recommend St. Agnes School and encourage families to check out the School Open House at the end of January.

I have been on this campus for almost 10 years with my children. New principal means new priorities. Those new priorities are not so much "my thing". I was drawn to the strong community life and warm environment 10 years ago. Now, the focus is more on discipline and academics....both of which are challenging to address with classes comprised of 35-40 students. The most efficient way to handle this many kids in a class is to treat them in a cookie cutter sort of way. This is fine but if you have one of those kids who refuse to be "cookie-cuttered" (either above the pack or lagging below) then this schools won't serve them well. Also, the school has adopted Common Core. So if you think you are coming here to escape that in public schools, you're not.

One of the BEST kept secrets in Concord. I am not one to write reviews however feel the importance of doing so in this case. Our daughter started Kindergarten with Ms.Ghelfie & Ms. Maeda (reading/ mastering between 80-100 sight words to fractions as well as singing in 2/musicals thanks in part to the Musical Director, Mr. Hammerson) because of them she absolutey loves school. The curriculum is intensive with a loving & strong support from family/ faculty not to mention the level of education my daughter has received. Tuition cost is competitively fair to that of private schools in the east bay as well as Scholarships and Financial Aid options available.

As a student at St. Agnes school. I have noticed that this school has many things that must be changed. The teachers sponsor and recognize the children of adults with a high income or in other words 'rich'. The teachers make most of the students feel targeted for no circumstance. The teachers' goal in most cases is to get students in trouble or accuse them for nonsense. I find very few of these teachers caring and loving towards students that don't have the income that satisfies them. In my personal opinion; i would not recommend this school for any children. The teachers treat specific students better than others. The safety is excellent only because the discipline is incredibly intimidating for any children. The recent posts that say anything positive or grateful is probably a student that has been treated with the best of hospitality; as i said before..teachers have favorites.

i love st agnes i am a student and the teachers are great :)

Horrible, just horrible. I just don't understand how bad a school could be, but St, Agnes lowers the standards for Cathloic education everywhere. Most of the teachers feel unqualified to even be working at a school, let alone an expensive, cathlioc one. The strict curriculum is 100% anit-freedom, your kids will not do anything that the ultra-tight staff allows. Uniforms, stale lunches, terrible education. Save your kids, time and money, avoid at all costs

Caring teachers and individual attention to students. Parents are very involved and no one is overlooked.

Educational focus is one of many benefits this institution offers. In short, you get your money's worth. Many parents in the Concord area that send their children to adjacent private Catholic schools comment on the educational strength of St. Agnes. By far one of the best school's in Concord where the staff and administration that balance the student's pace and capability of learning.

Last modified St. Agnes School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8