De La Salle High School Of Concord 1

Posted February 06, 2014
I imagined this high school to be a perfect Catholic school. Well, it was just my imagination and reality is completely different. Please save your time, energy and money for a better college/university in the future.

De La Salle High School Of Concord 3

Posted March 15, 2013
Unless you want too excel in sports and be an OK student, I don't recommend DLS. I currently attend DLS. The academics aren't worth 15,000. If the public school your child would go to is a good school just send them there. On the other hand your child will most likely have a great social experience the School is fun, hanging out with friends is all you really do. I'm a 10th grader with a 3.5 GPA, I can't tell you one thing I've really learned this year. The classes are quite boring. if you cant understand English and remember things you can be a "Honor Roll" student. I spent about 20 minutes studying in total studying for finals (my worst grade was a B+). Some teachers care about you being successful, some honestly couldn't care less. My Biology teacher lets students run the class while see sits in the back of the room. The sports are amazing, but just because your kid was good in pop warner or little league DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING. I know plenty of people you said they were gonna be stars on the football team and haven't ever seen the field.

Posted October 21, 2007
De La Salle provided an excellent learning environment for my son to grow and develop. He was challenged not only academically, but socially and spiritually as well. The teachers were excellent (like Mr. Sansoe) and genuinely cared about their students. Although the tuition was a little high, the school provided a safe and nurturing environment that allowed our son to concentrate on learning. He is off to college now but enjoyed every minute of his 4 years as a DLS Spartan.

Posted August 14, 2007

De La Salle High School Of Concord 3

Posted June 26, 2007
Had great expectations in the beginning, but by year's end . . . disappointed, tired, and disillusioned. As long as your child succeeds without any issues and doesn't fall behind, it's a great school. If not, the school takes no responsibility. There is no summer school and the counselors are unresponsive. The program in the athletics department is pretty much based on who you know. Didn't find out later until it was too late, that my son should have tried out for the football team in order to have had a better chance at getting on the basketball or baseball team. The mantra is 'you have to distinguish yourself and be seen as much as possible.' True academics and jocks rule, and the ones who are in between or struggle along fall between the cracks. Overrated for the cost.

Posted April 20, 2007

Posted September 20, 2006
- a staff
I am a coach at this school and I can not say enough good things about the students. The involvement level of the students, parents, & teachers is incredible. I've never met a more motivated group of teenagers in my life. Respectful, caring, goal oriented, amazing. Although it boasts great academics and many students have gone on to great schools: Naval Academy, Univ. of Cal schools (Berkeley, UCLA, UCSB, UCSD), the Ivies, U of Michigan, etc - it is not a 'college prep' school in the strict definition of the phrase. As a result - the students are more diverse than one would expect from a top-notch private school. It also is home to some of the greatest athletics in Northern California - in every sport. With an all-girl Catholic school across the street - the Jr.and Sr. classes are co-ed so it also has the best of both worlds.

De La Salle High School Of Concord 4

Posted January 29, 2006
- a former student

Posted January 17, 2006
Great School..My son has excellent comprehension skills....I would reccomend this school. The only drawback is the cost.

De La Salle High School Of Concord 4

Posted November 07, 2005
- a former student

De La Salle High School Of Concord
1130 Winton Drive, Concord, CA  94518
Last modified De La Salle High School Of Concord is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
De La Salle High School Of Concord Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top