Concord, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 18, 2014
The best thing about King's Valley is the atmosphere. Learning is respected and valued at all levels of the program. I have two students at King's Valley: one in eighth grade, the other in preschool. The school really works to teach students what is important. There is no "teaching to the test" to inflate test scores. In fact, the school emphasizes a lot of disciplines that don't show up in test scores at all. Public speaking and communication is one example. Writing skills (especially in the junior high) is another. The student body is exceptionally diverse for a private school and represents students from a variety of Christian denominations and backgrounds. Teachers are well-qualified and treat students with a lot of respect, which is part of the atmosphere I mentioned earlier. The campus is totally unique in the area for a private school. It's about 10 acres, but was originally the site of a public school, and still retains that character. The classrooms are quite a bit larger than you will find on the site of a typical "church/school" situation. Class sizes in the elementary average below 20 students. The middle school reaches the mid-20's in each class.

Posted August 31, 2014
I got abused there in the 3 rd grade and doing some research found out that some if my friends had also been abused. Currently looking in to suing.

Posted June 21, 2014
Elementary is Great teachers great care.Then you get to jr high.First off I will like to say the science and math teachers our amazing they know what there talking about. On to bible English and history. English was difficult because the man teaching us was our principle and he had stuff to do. So he was always on his phone, I will say he was ok in this area. History the teacher was on her phone half the time and got sidetracked from the lesson we would be on the almo and then banana republic sweatshops.Finally bible, was the worst subject because of that teacher.so arrogant and ride.always made us veal bad about ourselves.some of us were thinking about switching to a new religion. He makes inapropreat jokes of the menstral cycle trashes his wife assign project and won't tell you when they were due.just plain bad he won't allow us to ask ? Because he is to busy eating. Pe was bad the teacher has favorites and they did not have to run laps we did. He didn't care about the nobodies.i got bullied a lot I went to the price able he did nothing. They really don't care.one teacher heard a girl call me a name and just laughed. Such a waste of money. Get your kids out before jr high

Posted March 10, 2014
Kings valley Christian School: REVIEW PART 2 KVCS 3. MOST of the teachers are not trained to teach the appropriate course or class! this was not the case 2 years ago! 4. No after school enrichment for grades 6th 8th. 5. Our Child is thriving with supplemental tutoring at home with constant follow up. Not from the faculty at KVCS they are only concerned with creating rumors or gossip ( involving the children at school not speaking to Parents direct!). Not Christin like at all. 6. Our Child has talked to us about several other issues with bullying and teachers being biased and favoritism towards certain students. Understandable this happens in the real world. However, paying the extra cost for tuition and seeing similar issues happening as you would in PUBLIC school; our expectations are as it should be "High". We want to get what we pay for. We are trying to find another school to transfer to, being more selective, however, middle school level is very difficult since 6-8 is FULL in most private schools in our area. We are on Waiting lists to date. Good Luck and hope this helps.

Posted October 22, 2013
I like this school a lot for my children because the teachers and staff are highly qualified and enjoy their work. The school has many activities and events throughout the year. There is a real sense of joy on the campus.

Posted May 12, 2010
My child has attended Kings Valley for two years and I am so happy that we chose this school. Kings Valley offers drama, music, art, physical education, computers and Spanish, plus, my child scored 100% on the English portion of star testing last year.

King's Valley Christian School 4

Posted May 18, 2006
The school offers strong spiritual and education program that aids in the development of children. It also has the flexibility to let kids be kis.

King's Valley Christian School 4

Posted March 25, 2006
My child truly enjoys attending KVCS. His reading, spelling and phonics skills are excellent. The teachers and staff are great!

Posted March 23, 2006

Posted March 21, 2006
Great place to be! Kind and caring teachers. Excellent curriculum.

King's Valley Christian School
4255 Clayton Road, Concord, CA  94521
(925) 687-2020
Last modified King's Valley Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
King's Valley Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top