PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My son began Tabernacle in the middle of his 7th grade school year, so he was the new kid. The teachers, staff and kids were all very welcoming and he is thriving! He came from a smaller catholic school, where after 7 years of being on the honor roll and for whatever reason not having any homework, ever, he is now being prepared for the reality of high-school and having to work hard for good grades.

My granddaughter began attending this school 2 years ago. She was shy at the beginning, but the school environment and teachers did their job. She is not shy any longer. As soon as she sees her preschool teacher Mrs. Mason or 1st grade teacher Mrs. Z eller she can not help running to them to hug them. She is very happy with her current teacher Mrs. Robertson. She loves her school and her teachers. As soon as she is happy her parents, grandparents, and her 92 year old great grandmother are happy too.

We love this school. They start in Pre K and go through eighth. They start spanish in kindergarden and computers in first. Along with the academics the kids have PE daily, art and music. The school offers day care from 6 am until 6:30 or 7 pm, Monday - Friday, and the day care is also opened on school holidays. Each teacher has a free help club after school once a week. Each grade has two field trips each year. They make learning fun and my kids love going to school.

This is our first year at Tabernacle, and I have to say we are having a really positive experience. They give God the glory for all the worlds creations. I too believe that is an important part of laying the foundation for our kindergarten daughter. She was pretty smart when she got to Tabernacle and has continued to grow academically, socially and spiritually. We love our kindergarten teacher. We can tell that she is really passionate about teaching all the children. The other 2 big pros are tuition and day care. I have friends that pay two and three times what I pay for private school in the Oakland area. You can't beat the price for 6:30am drop-off-6:30pm pick up monthly day care. Oh, and be prepared for a packed house for any school event. Overall, just a great environment for our children. I will update this review if anything changes.

Have had all four of my children attend Tabernacle. This school has helped make them into the people they are today. They instill in the students that God has gifted each of them differently and they learn how to use these gifts to His glory. Great teachers make the school what it is, and it has a great family atmosphere.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL. Was there for 6 years and thought she was getting a good education but found out they are not. They are letting kids through even when they are getting a bad grade. My child was in the class with kids that have D's and F's. The principle have no clue what is going on. Made several complaints to him about other kids bulling kids at the school and nothing was done. Teachers do not stay long and turnover too high. You are better off at public school. The only good thing for working parents is the daycare but that is it. I am glad i move my child to another christian school and she is doing really very well.

My son has been attending this school for 8 years now. It has been great, positive experience for him. The teachers are very knowledgeable and patient with students. The classes are smaller in size compared to public schools. Teachers update school work progress for each student online; you will always know how you child did on every assignment very timely and take action (I do!). The school has great sports program for both girls and boys. Other activities are available: Band, Art, Drama, a selection from 30+ foreign languages through Rosetta Stone. The school has full-time daycare: great for working parents! I am putting my younger son in the same school this year. The school promotes mutual respect, love for God, helps students in their academic and personal achievement. I would recommend this school to everyone!

This is our first year at Tabernacle. So far, I am very impressed. Everyone has been friendly and welcoming. Our teacher keeps us updated weekly via email. The school is very organized and communicates well with the families. They also have a great daycare. I recommend this school to anyone looking for a good Christian school.

I am sooooooooo happy my kids go to Tabernacle, and I don't know where some of these older posts are coming from (circa 2005), but Tabernacle is very tolerant of other religions and viewpoints. Yes, they teach bible-based Christianity, but you don't get treated differently if you don't believe! The academics, class room size and teachers are all wonderful - I recommend this school to everyone I know!

The office worked with me to break the initial registration fees up to not pay it in one lump sum. The teaching staff is very loving. My daughter and son always have good 'green' days. They've helped out with the uniforms when my daughter soiled them and i couldnt afford to have extra uniforms. Very compassionate, and care about the home situation. The kids are learning a lot. 5 year old learning memory scriptures in 2 days and basic reading and math. my son can count to 20 in 2 months. theres a music program, they teach computers and spanish an optional jazzercise, they also have school sports. there students test 1 grade level or higher in all grades, 8th graders test at and 11.5 grade level! impressive

Last modified Tabernacle Christian, Inc. School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8