PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 12, 2016
Mrs. Nass, thank you for all the extra effort you put in to make the Kindergarten experience for each student so special!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 12, 2016
Respect for each other and adults are always expected and modeled. Faculty and staff were very strict in ensuring that respect was the norm.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 12, 2016
Teachers care a great deal about helping students learn. They spend the extra effort in class and after class.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 12, 2016
Students are encouraged to be honest and held to a high standard of fairness and integrity from a biblical standpoint.

Posted July 12, 2016
My kids went here for a year and their experience with the teachers were that they were loving and genuinely interested in helping them grow. The office staff was friendly and helpful. My kids learned, made friends and had fun specially during the many field trips that teachers sponsored. Overall, the experience was very good. I would recommend this school to all my friends and family.

Posted January 29, 2014
This school is like no other school. The teachers have a genuine investment in the students AND their families. It is a true extension of our home rather than a place where we drop off our kids to learn their ABCs. But don't get me wrong, the education is top notch here and from what I hear from the high schools we feed into, our students go on to be the top students in their class. The things that I think really set this school apart from others are the small class sizes which really help in getting individual attention little ones of this age need, the nurturing care and guidance the teachers provide, and the community feel of all the families. I cannot stress enough how much I LOVE this school!!!

Posted January 11, 2014
YVCS is an academically rigorous school, filled with loving teachers who care as much about a child's emotional, social, and spiritual development as they do about their academic progress. The teachers are exceptionally committed and have created a home-away-from-home for each of the kids. They bring scripture and biblical principals into the classroom and playground. Small class sizes allow incredible amounts of personalized attention and ensure that each student succeeds. I can't recommend this school highly enough! Submitted by a parent

Posted January 08, 2014
I am a parent of a very shy 6 year old boy. We moved from North Carolina to California in Jan 2013. we came from a very good Christian school so my standards were high in finding the right school for my son. If you want a school that will love your child and teach him/her about our Graceful God this is the place for you. The quality of teachers are wonderful. Look past the Materialistic and see the Great Heart of this school. He started in Kindergarten in the middle of the year. Mrs. Nass is phenomenal She does monthly fieldtrips that just opens the world for your child and she is great at handling so many kids. There are a few Christian Schools that are closer but I make the drive from Walnut Creek to YVCS because it is the best thing I can do for my son for now and his future.

Posted January 08, 2014
This little school is a GEM! If you are looking for a fabulous Christian school, with passionate teaching, strong biblical foundation and discipling, parent involvement, look no further! My son has been here for two years now (K-1) and I am SO happy we chose YVCS. Mrs. Nass is phenomenal at what she does in her Kindergarten class - my son was reading books within a few weeks, writing cursive, and learning bible verses with ease. I looked at several other private schools that had great potential, were much bigger, but what they lacked was 'community' within the school. YVCS is like a great big family!

Posted January 08, 2014
Hands down the only school that concerns itself with discipleship before academics. My three children have first and foremost been loved and accepted into this community if faith and have been taught the value of education starting from a Christian-worldview. Additionally, they learned to read before Christmas break during their kindergarten year and now enjoy every topic they are instructed on during classes. I could not be more pleased with the quality of the teachers and the exemplary life of faith each one of them models for our children. In addition to exceeding educational standards from the right perspective, my children (kindergarten & first graders) recite Bible passages to me as well as explain what importance they have in life. And all of this is not done in a bubble, but instead my children have been equipped to confront untruths and evils that they see around them on television, in books and in life. If you are looking for an education that starts and stops with academic instruction, this is not the place for you. If you are interested in training your children in God's truth and equipping them for a well informed life of faith, you cannot beat this school!

4977 Concord Blvd, Concord, CA  94521
Last modified Ygnacio Valley Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8