Posted January 29, 2014
This school is like no other school. The teachers have a genuine investment in the students AND their families. It is a true extension of our home rather than a place where we drop off our kids to learn their ABCs. But don't get me wrong, the education is top notch here and from what I hear from the high schools we feed into, our students go on to be the top students in their class. The things that I think really set this school apart from others are the small class sizes which really help in getting individual attention little ones of this age need, the nurturing care and guidance the teachers provide, and the community feel of all the families. I cannot stress enough how much I LOVE this school!!!

Posted January 11, 2014
YVCS is an academically rigorous school, filled with loving teachers who care as much about a child's emotional, social, and spiritual development as they do about their academic progress. The teachers are exceptionally committed and have created a home-away-from-home for each of the kids. They bring scripture and biblical principals into the classroom and playground. Small class sizes allow incredible amounts of personalized attention and ensure that each student succeeds. I can't recommend this school highly enough! Submitted by a parent

Posted January 08, 2014
I am a parent of a very shy 6 year old boy. We moved from North Carolina to California in Jan 2013. we came from a very good Christian school so my standards were high in finding the right school for my son. If you want a school that will love your child and teach him/her about our Graceful God this is the place for you. The quality of teachers are wonderful. Look past the Materialistic and see the Great Heart of this school. He started in Kindergarten in the middle of the year. Mrs. Nass is phenomenal She does monthly fieldtrips that just opens the world for your child and she is great at handling so many kids. There are a few Christian Schools that are closer but I make the drive from Walnut Creek to YVCS because it is the best thing I can do for my son for now and his future.

Posted January 08, 2014
This little school is a GEM! If you are looking for a fabulous Christian school, with passionate teaching, strong biblical foundation and discipling, parent involvement, look no further! My son has been here for two years now (K-1) and I am SO happy we chose YVCS. Mrs. Nass is phenomenal at what she does in her Kindergarten class - my son was reading books within a few weeks, writing cursive, and learning bible verses with ease. I looked at several other private schools that had great potential, were much bigger, but what they lacked was 'community' within the school. YVCS is like a great big family!

Posted January 08, 2014
Hands down the only school that concerns itself with discipleship before academics. My three children have first and foremost been loved and accepted into this community if faith and have been taught the value of education starting from a Christian-worldview. Additionally, they learned to read before Christmas break during their kindergarten year and now enjoy every topic they are instructed on during classes. I could not be more pleased with the quality of the teachers and the exemplary life of faith each one of them models for our children. In addition to exceeding educational standards from the right perspective, my children (kindergarten & first graders) recite Bible passages to me as well as explain what importance they have in life. And all of this is not done in a bubble, but instead my children have been equipped to confront untruths and evils that they see around them on television, in books and in life. If you are looking for an education that starts and stops with academic instruction, this is not the place for you. If you are interested in training your children in God's truth and equipping them for a well informed life of faith, you cannot beat this school!

Posted January 08, 2014
I have 3 children at this school and every year my children say "that was the best teacher ever!" This school is driven by the teachers commitment to a Christ centered education and lifestyle. The teachers pray with our children every day and make it relevant to the students, their families, the school and world events. The education is top notch and the commitment to a loving, nurturing environment at this school is awesome to witness. I would highly recommend YVCS to anyone who wants their child to have a deep understanding of our Lord rather than an introduction to scripture as many other outreach christian schools provide. There is a place in our world for both, but my desire is for my children to have a deep understanding of scripture and the beginning of a relationship with our God. Brett Barnes

Posted April 14, 2013
My son attends kindergarten here. Within two weeks of attendance at Ygnacio Valley Christian school they already had my son reading three letter words. He's almost done with the school year he can already read books for children, like Dr. Suess. He does great in math, art & can write cursive. They learn so much more and much faster here compared to public schools, because the teachers are very, very involved with your child, in a small classroom, (my sons class only had 13 students). On top of that the teacher sometimes has a helper in the classroom. The K teacher is very patient and encouraging with all the children. She's wonderful! She's always taking them on educational field trips, the kids love it. They have an excellent Christian based curriculum in a lot of their studies and chapel every Friday. They also occasionally have singing performances at churches. If you need to bring your child an hour early in the morning or pick them up as late as 6pm they have very low cost child care, with great staff watching over them. The prices are pretty reasonable for a Christian private school with payment plans that can be spanned out in 12 month payments. I highly recommend them.

Ygnacio Valley Christian School 0

Posted August 31, 2009
My daughter has attened YVCS from 1st-8th grade and I could not have found a better school to send her to. She has tested college level in english and math but more importantly she is a child with hign moral and spiritual standards. Even through a difficult financial year the school our experience was positive. I highly recommend this school.

Posted September 13, 2008
I am very pleased with this school. My daughter has attended K-7. The teachers are all very dedicated to the success of each student. All the teaching staff ,that we have had so far, are very loving and caring to each student. The entire school staff are a wonderful blessing to my daughter and myself. The families that are at the school are very friendly and comforting. My daughter has been very happy at YVCS. The love of the Lord is very present at this school.

Ygnacio Valley Christian School 0

Posted February 21, 2008
What a wonderful school! We could not be at a better school. What a wonderful blessing to have found YVCS. All of the teachers, staff, and Principal are all amazing loving people! They work so hard to create a loving, nurturing environment for the children.

Ygnacio Valley Christian School
4977 Concord Blvd, Concord, CA  94521
Last modified Ygnacio Valley Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Ygnacio Valley Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top