Posted February 11, 2015
I have had 2 kids go to this school and have experienced some term-oil over the years, however, as things changed, I can see they are for the better. We moved here from Danville 10 years ago and both children started here from K on up. I love the added music program and love the teacher's willingness to listen to your concerns and make improvements. I feel like the curriculum is well designed and not sure how it would be much different anywhere else. Even after trying a self-study program, it became evident this school is good if not even better than a self-study environment.

Posted February 09, 2015
Northside is different, in so many amazing ways. The principle is very involved with students, knows most if not ALL of their names, does yard duty, lunch room duty, has interest in her students academics as well as their social lives. The staff works cohesively with each other and parents. It is truly a positive atmosphere to be in. My children are so happy we moved from another school in the district. The transition was smooth and as painless as possible, thanks to the efforts put forth by the teachers, secretary's, and principle. The school nurse is fantastic, and fantastic at her job. I could go on and on about all the amazing things Northside has to offer, a garden for students to plant and harvest, fresh fruits and veggies from said garden on the lunch menu, fun Friday's, Monday town hall meetings, the Northside song, A.R achievement awards, beautiful location, most importantly, happy, confident, educated students. I have the utmost confidence in Northside to educate and prepare my children for Jr. High.

Posted February 08, 2015
As a parent in a small community, I have had nothing but a positive experience with Northside since my son began there in TK and now is in the second grade. I have found there to be a lot of individual attention, they think outside the box to help achieve both academic and behavioral goals, have unique programs that I feel living in a small community can only truly provide. It's more like a small family. I do not feel there are "clicks" as previously stated, but I suppose that would be anywhere, as well as both good and bad teachers. Thus far, my son's teachers have all been exactly who he needed and have handled him well...not the easiest when it comes to behavior! Lol. As for parent involvement, I am a single working mom, but still volunteer in the am before work and love that both the staff and students have grown to know me so well... There could be more involved, but again, I think we would find that almost anywhere! My son would be devastated if I withdrew him from his NS Bears! Go Bears!

Posted February 06, 2015
We currently have two children attending Northside and we couldn't be happier. There are so many wonderful things about this school that are beneficial for our children, the student Garden for instance, its a hands on learning experience and they have a Harvest Feast at the end of the year where they cook food from the garden for the children, Family Math and Literacy Nights, an Accelerated Readers program. Lunches are hand made by the school, not frozen and microwaved. The school also received a California Distinguished School award for 2013/2014. We live in a small community, which makes its easy to build relationships with other parents and teachers. We've had excellent communication with the teachers our children have had so far. I'm surprised about the negative comments below when this school has so much to offer, the best thing you can do if your having an issue is to address it and/or to get involved to help make changes.
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 06, 2015
I absolutely adore Northside!! My young son has attended since Kindergarten and I fully intend to keep him enrolled in the school and district throughout his school years. I love that the school goes above and beyond in creating an amazing learning environment that includes but is not limited to: a school garden and math and literacy nights. The school is situated in a small town which really means huge amounts of community involvement and a strong emphasis on teamwork, volunteerism and, not to be repetitive, community. The school acts as it's own support system that everyone is involved in from students and staff to volunteers and local businesses. There is solidarity in this school and the leadership ensures that the students are given the best opportunities possible and they never, ever stop pushing for even more positive changes. Furthermore, I attended Northside from K-8 long ago and can tell you firsthand that throughout the years the school environment has continued to thrive and still feels like home.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 06, 2015
e moved from Danville, CA (which has a very high great school rating) several years ago and joined the Northside Family in 2009. Our children have benefited greatly from the GATE offerings, garden classes, student clubs and music program. All the children seem so engaged in their unique classroom environments: weekly blue bird walks led by students and rangers, harvest of the month veggie tastings from the Northside Student Farmers, walking Wednesdays, art and the list goes on and on. Compassion is taught and modeled all over campus, from the office staff taking extra time to heal a booboo to teaching personal responsibility for poor decisions. It's not just a school, it's an inclusive extended family.

Northside Elementary School 4

Posted February 06, 2015
My daughter has been going to N.S. for 3 years, i have had nothing but the best experience with the teachers whom are over the top dedicated at heart to their students. I am truly surprised by the negative comments below all though there are always going to be people who will be negative regardless of any circumstance and feel they know all.

Northside Elementary School 4

Posted February 06, 2015
I feel blessed to have my children enrolled at Northside. The teachers, administration and support staff that we have interacted with have been lovely. When we moved to the area we did not plan on enrolling our children at Northside-- we were planning on private school. Years later, I am so glad we are Northside Bears! The cirriculum is challenging yet tailored to students abilities. The parent involvement is very refreshing, there are dozens of parents that devote their time and love to this school. Safety is a priority on campus-- I have the utmost confidence that my kids are safe at school. My favorite part about Northside is that the entire school has embraced our local educational opportunities. The kids work in the school garden, visit our state parks, delve into our rich local history and resources, and develop a love and respect for our community in the process. My little students love their little school and I love sending them there. I am proud to be a part of this scholastic family.

Northside Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2014
Pretty sad that one of the first things you see when on Northside Elementary is that "Bets know for seed of change"... really?! Who proofread before submitting? No wonder why our kids can't spell or have a tough time with their academics!!! With this being a small town school many of the teacher and parents are quite "clicky" which makes for an obnoxious and juvenile example for the children.

Northside Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2014
Northside school has some really bad administration and even worse teachers. There is very little parent involvement and the program leaves a lot to be desired. We expected a more positive, balanced experience. The bully behavior in students is reinforced by the staff and administration. If you stand outside the K class at the right (wrong) time you will hear her in there yelling at the kids! It's horrible! No child deserves to be subjected to that kind of behavior.

Northside Elementary School
860 Cave Valley Road, Cool, CA  95614
Last modified Northside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northside Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top