Bad
Good

Posted February 22, 2015
I'm writing this because we are getting ready to move and looking for a new school has been hard. Some of the schools only have a rating and no reviews so I hope this helps someone moving to the Copperopolis area. My son has gone to Copper El for kinder and 1st grade. In Kinder Mrs. Desimone was incredible. She is strict but not to where the kids notice. Her class always walks in a single file line, are attentive, and most importantly have smiles. I would compare her to a 2015 version of Marry Poppins. Now in 1st he had a long term Sub until Mrs. Hangis returned from maternity leave. Even though she just had a baby she would come in weekly to read with the kids so they knew her. Both Mrs. Hangis and the long term (Mrs. Bottemly (sp)) have been incredible. My son is reading great, is unbelievable at Math, and loves school. He'll get up set when he finds out that it's a weekend. Sooo easy to talk to the teachers and staff about anything that may concern you. Our son gets one on one attention all the time, the principal knows everyone's name, and bottom line is our son loves to go to school and that's AWESOME b/c I promise you I did not.

Posted September 21, 2014
My daughter attended Copperopolis Elementary and now my grand daughter is a 2nd grader there. I have found the teachers and staff to be caring and concerned with each individual child. They go the extra mile to give the students whatever they need to succeed.

Posted April 02, 2014
Copper Elementary is, from my experience, the safest school, extremely attentive to each individual child's needs and safety. I wouldn't rather my child attend any other school. My 2nd grader has been pleased with every one of her teachers from Kindergarten until now. I have been especially impressed with the teachers and even the principle on how well they knew my child, and their concern for all the kids well being was, as well as their academic achievements was outstanding.

Copperopolis Elementary School 4

Posted September 03, 2009
Ms. Vail was my son's Kindergarten teacher and he really like her. He is in 1st grade this year and Ms. Vail is again his teacher. I requested it. My son is doing very well with her. As well as the teachers are at this school, we as parents still need to be involved with the homework and school events to really help our children succeed. D. Powers

Posted March 06, 2009
My daughter began her school experience in Kindergarten with Ms. Vail. My daughter's first school experience is critical. Thanks to Ms. Vail, my daughter acclimated well and met all benchmarks. After her great Kindergarten experience, my daughter advanced to 1st grade with Mrs Eaves. My daughter has met and exceeded all benchmarks for the 1st grade and she is EXCITED to go to school. I was welcomed into the classroom as a reading volunteer. My presence in the classroom allowed me to observe the teachers give one-on-one time to individual students (both struggling and advanced). There has been no child left behind. I am impressed with the teachers, the school facility is clean, the playground is well-maintained, recess is well-supervised, the computer lab is exceptional, and the office staff, including Principal Tidball, go above and beyond for these children. Good Work Copper Cougars. Karen Hukill

Copperopolis Elementary School 4

Posted October 09, 2006
Teachers are involved with their students and strive for them to do their best. Faculty does a good job overall. My children do quite well on their state tests so I feel that the teachers are doing a good job.

Copperopolis Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2003
We've had 6 'unqualified' Special Ed. Teachers so far.............And there are 13 'Emergency Permits' so far for Teachers....... Hmmm !!???

Copperopolis Elementary School
217 School Street, Copperopolis, CA  95228-0145
Last modified Copperopolis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Copperopolis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top