Corona Del Mar, CA

Posted August 01, 2011
I love this school. I went here from 4th grade through 6th grade. Harbor View felt like my second home. I love this school!

Posted September 15, 2009
This School could not provide a better more wholesome and enriching envirement. It is everything our Local Neighborhood Schools Should be and Can be... Outstanding.

Posted August 19, 2009
Harbor View is an excellent school. I am very surprised at some of the negative reviews I have read on this web site. My child is GATE and was sufficiently challenged. The teachers that we have had at this school were all exceptional and parent involvement is unmatched.

Harbor View Elementary School 4

Posted April 07, 2009
My kids love Harbor View. Yes, they have been changed quite a few principles for past 6 years. The one here now for 2 yrs, she is SUPER. I I'm quite happy about their art masters program but without parents volunteers and pie founding, it going to be tough. Music does need help. They have one music teacher for elementary, and do teach some instruments. It is a lot of work not only teaching, also she has to help out set up stages for holiday program. And Kindergarten has another music teacher come in twice a week I think. We had a most wonderful kindergarten teach last year. Outspoken parents in this economic, I believe we need them to help school to raise fund or other activities. Parents involved to kids' school: as a parent, if I had spare time, I will get involved and help my kids to have a better environment.

Harbor View Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2009
Sure there are nice kids here like at all schools. There are also some good teachers, but we have had as many bad ones. If your child is below average or above average, you will be frustrated. Harbor View doesn't offer the same programs as other nearby schools in the district: Why can't they offer full-day kindergarten and instrumental music instruction during the school day like Eastbluff? Well-intentioned but outspoken parents also seem to have more influence at the school than is necessary or good.

Harbor View Elementary School 0

Posted December 13, 2008
This school is very shipshape, the children are all loving and kind. My child goes to this school and he says that he admires this school!! That's why my son goes to this humongous school!

Harbor View Elementary School 3

Posted September 30, 2008
School varies depending on your child's teacher and who the principal is year to year. Fine for the average student but if you have children on either end of the spectrum, very frustrating. Parental involvement is a must to make sure your kids are getting all they need. Few teachers give extra work to keep them challenge even when requested, others 'slack' with due dates, this does your child no good when moving on to CDM Middle/High School where a deadline is a deadline. Other end of the spectrum, RSP or Special Ed struggles with no consistency and little help. This results in the department not completely living up to IEP agreements made with parents. They walk a fine line when complying with State guidelines. Be prepared to be the Squeaky Wheel to effectively advocate your child's needs.

Posted August 18, 2008
This is a five-star school with the best teachers in the state! My child loves going to class each day during the school year and is looking forward to summer vacation ending in a few short weeks. Harbor View is better than any private school around. Harbor View is a true gem!

Posted January 23, 2008
Harbor View finally has strong assurances from the district, and the principal herself, that she is here to stay! Teachers are fantastic. Children enjoy their experiences. Parent involvement and fundraising is almost unmatched. After school and regular school day enrichment are largely a result of a longstanding tradition of parent and teacher collaboration that wins! Music, computers, P.E., science, accelerated math, accelerated reading, John Wooden inspired murals woven into character building curriculum plus fee based after school science, art, keyboard, chess, Spanish, French and the like. We are grateful to be a hands-on Harbor View family.

Harbor View Elementary School 4

Posted June 09, 2007
Harbor View is great little school. The school has wonderful teachers! The revolving Principal situation is an ongoing problem. Parent involvement is very high. If it wasn't for that great group of parents that volunteer full time, the students would not have so many different activities. A real concern is that the school district is more concerned about taking away Science classrooms and making them 'Special Day School' classrooms. There is also a pre-school there now that is occupying two classrooms.

Harbor View Elementary School
900 Goldenrod Avenue, Corona Del Mar, CA  92625
Last modified Harbor View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harbor View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top