Posted February 13, 2014
Lincoln is an outstanding school! My girls, grade 2 and 5 have had an amazing learning experience there. How wonderful is it that we live in a community that is home to the best public schools around.

Posted May 21, 2013
My son transferred from private to Lincoln... it was a easy transition... hard to make friends in the beginning but over time that resolved itself... My son thinks his 5th grade MALE teacher is the best in the world. It is wonderful to have a son with a male teacher who loves sports.....the women teachers at the private school were driving my atheletic son crazy. Really, I think its the staff and the teacher that makes the school and we have been so happy here even with the challenges we have faced. The teacher works great with my son and the school is really supportive against Bullying and proactive with behavior control with the more difficult kids.

Posted April 01, 2013
My child went from private school to Lincoln in the 5th grade and he loves it. I think the school is great..

Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 2

Posted February 28, 2013
I sincerely don't understand how the poor leadership, the overcrowded classrooms can guarantee the ratings I see here. I'm at this site searching for another school. We have two kids attending Lincoln and we've had serious issues with kids being yelled at from the Bus driver all the way to the principal's office. My kids are scared of some of the staff, and sometimes it's hard to watch them coming in. I agree 100% with the comments that say "the school is missing a "personality". The principal is very unfriendly", and so there are many. Some teachers are great, and unfortunately I can't name them here.

Posted March 27, 2012
With a fair amount of trepidation, we changed from private school to Lincoln. On balance, one of the best decisions we have made. Our children are happy and thriving. Lincoln has a talented and dedicated team of teachers and staff. The parent community is strong and supportive of programs such as art and technology -programs that have all but disappeared from most public schools. There are also varied and ongoing enrichment and special interest programs available. Much of the aforementioned is made possible by the unwaivering support and adept facilitation provided by our principal. Thank you Lincoln, and thank you Mrs. Holm.

Posted March 25, 2012
Lincoln Elementary is the perfect combination of very involved, educated parents balanced with the appreciation for diversity. The Principal is very hands-on; She is always walking around campus and observing what is going on in the classrooms. She does not sit in her office and wait for things to happen...she rolls her sleeves up and knows what is happening all over campus. It is clear that the teachers do not just consider this a job, as they devote so much time outside the regular school day. I always see the teachers at after school functions and weekend school events. Teachers know the kids in every context and I can tell that their hearts are in this profession. I am proud to be a part of the Lincoln family and appreciate the enthusiasm of the teachers, parents and Principal.

Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 4

Posted March 11, 2012
A good school that could easily become great - Lincoln has amazing parent support and an impressive teaching staff. There is generous funding so extra programs that have been cut at many schools. For the Newport area the student population is more diverse than other local schools. I absolutely love the "Pryamid of Success" - John Wooden's program to improve character. However, the school is missing a "personality". The principal is very unfriendly. We came from a school where the principal greeted the children as they arrived every day and gave the campus a warm and fun feeling. In contrast, twice I have Ms. Holms walk through my daughters class and not say a word or greet the kids. PE is only once a week for 40mins and lead by a grumpy ex-coach. Many parents have offered to assist with improving the PE but the principal has failed to do anything about it. I find the campus cold and impersonal. Classrooms have hardly any windows and lacking natural light. I am very thankful for the wonderful teachers and parents who make this school special. But I wish the principal would step up, try to be outgoing, and look for all the easy ways the school could be outstanding.

Posted May 11, 2011
This is the way a school should be. I am so impressed with this school. My daughter started the school year late and the staff and teachers could not have made her transition any easier. Our family feels so blessed to have wound up at Abraham Elementary, the staff, the parents and the kids have been great and have made us feel welcome. And, I feel like my daughter is getting a fine education at a California Distinguished School. Highly recommended.

Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 0

Posted December 08, 2009
Between the wonderful and very hands-on principal (Mrs. Holm), the amazing staff, the many parent volunteers and of course, the friendly kids, I don't see how any school could top Lincoln. We came new to the school last year and we were welcomed by everyone. Our daughter is thriving, learning so much and comes home so happy everyday. We feel so fortunate to be able to attend this school.

Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
Great parent support. Excellent tech, science and art programs. Great test scores

Abraham Lincoln Elementary School
3101 Pacific View Drive, Corona Del Mar, CA  92625
Last modified Abraham Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Abraham Lincoln Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top