Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Some more effective than others - it just matters the teacher. But overall they are a terrific group and seem limited by a lack of direction from the principal.

Develops character: Disagree

There are some good character building lessons in the class. But all the other programs that help develop these important traits - such as PAL, Student Council, etc. - have just been left to die a slow death. And the student body is generally very poorly behaved at assembleis and performances.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

See review about grade deflation to "show progress". When dishonesty is being directed from the top...

This is a great school if you fit the mold - rich, white, & snobby. If you don't, good luck. The Principal is only interested in her families who fit the aforementioned status quo, not that you'll ever see her to know that difference. The admin are cold at best. We never felt comfortable here from day one! What's more is that the academics aren't great. It's still a crummy, overcrowded CA public school. There were 31 kids in my daughter's Kindergarten class - which included TK!! And my daughter came into the school already knowing most of what they were to learn but do you think that earned her any recognition? extra work? moving to the next grade? No. She remained unstimulated and bored and was labeled a distraction for talking and doing other things when she was finished with her work to alleviate the boredom! Even worse we were told outright that her grades were being deflated because they want to "show progress". I kid you not! Her teacher told us at PT conference that she had all of the skills to have 4s in one subject area competency after another but she was giving her 3s because the school wants to "show" that the students are progressing. We left the school before Kindergarten was over and couldn't be happier.

First year here and what a disappointment. Prior to starting school we heard from numerous families how bad the administration was. We thought we would make up our own mind about it. Well it took 3 whole weeks, the administration are bullies and in all reality if you treated them the way they treated you it would be a whole different story. A lot of families petitioned to move their kids schools and I think we probably will to.

Lincoln is an outstanding school! My girls, grade 2 and 5 have had an amazing learning experience there. How wonderful is it that we live in a community that is home to the best public schools around.

My son transferred from private to Lincoln... it was a easy transition... hard to make friends in the beginning but over time that resolved itself... My son thinks his 5th grade MALE teacher is the best in the world. It is wonderful to have a son with a male teacher who loves sports.....the women teachers at the private school were driving my atheletic son crazy. Really, I think its the staff and the teacher that makes the school and we have been so happy here even with the challenges we have faced. The teacher works great with my son and the school is really supportive against Bullying and proactive with behavior control with the more difficult kids.

My child went from private school to Lincoln in the 5th grade and he loves it. I think the school is great..

I sincerely don't understand how the poor leadership, the overcrowded classrooms can guarantee the ratings I see here. I'm at this site searching for another school. We have two kids attending Lincoln and we've had serious issues with kids being yelled at from the Bus driver all the way to the principal's office. My kids are scared of some of the staff, and sometimes it's hard to watch them coming in. I agree 100% with the comments that say "the school is missing a "personality". The principal is very unfriendly", and so there are many. Some teachers are great, and unfortunately I can't name them here.

With a fair amount of trepidation, we changed from private school to Lincoln. On balance, one of the best decisions we have made. Our children are happy and thriving. Lincoln has a talented and dedicated team of teachers and staff. The parent community is strong and supportive of programs such as art and technology -programs that have all but disappeared from most public schools. There are also varied and ongoing enrichment and special interest programs available. Much of the aforementioned is made possible by the unwaivering support and adept facilitation provided by our principal. Thank you Lincoln, and thank you Mrs. Holm.

Last modified Abraham Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.