No rating

Crossroads Christian Schools

Private | K-12 | 632 students

Living in Corona

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $322,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,100.

Posted February 18, 2010

Take the time to familiarize yourselves with the Statement of Faith and Philosophy of this school before enrolling your children. Make sure they represent your own beliefs. Recent changes to personnel requirements are very concerning and are causing us to withdraw our child from the school.

Posted November 30, 2009

Since the school relocated, it just hasn't been the same. After years of loving the school for it's quality of education, it's extended family, and commitment to the children, I find that I cannot recommend it at all. Especially at the Middle School level, the teachers are woefully lacking in qualifications, as well as in their abilitly to work with the children and parents at this (ironically) crossroads in the childrens lives. Look elsewhere.

Posted October 6, 2009

Warm, friendly and loving environment where learning is fun - the kids want to go, they want to learn!

Posted June 30, 2008

I moved my children here from public school and we have never been happier. Each class has a full time assist. Teachers are here for the right reasons. They truly care about the kids. The staff address parents concerns in a very caring manner. My children and I feel important there, complete opposite of our experience with public. We feel very blessed to have our children here where they are getting their education in a caring environment. Even the children there are so caring to one another, again something I never experienced in public, very awesome Christian environment. My kids love the school! I highly recommend. I have never heard of Crossroads taking in expelled children, nor do my children know of any kids that have been expelled. Enrollment was strict. So that statement made on a previous review should not be taken as fact.

Posted May 21, 2008

My daughter attended Crossroads and I should have been a bit more suspicious when 19 out of the 20 kids were always on honor roll. The teachers are not accredited and the academic standards are not up to par. When My daughter went into high school, the counselor suggested that she start in the basic math since she was coming from Crossroads. I was surprised, she was on honor roll and doing advanced math. Well they were right and to catch up, she had to take summer school. Crossroads also accept troubled children that may have been expelled from public school. I feel that my child in public school near this school are getting a far better education with nicer classmates. Administration at Crossroads are very controlling and do not listen to parent concerns.

Posted July 31, 2007

Crossroads will open the 2007/08 school year with all grades at the same campus. This will not only help with class sizes, but hopefully with parent involvement. The PSF (Parent Support Fellowship) was established last school year and has been very active in helping the students, teachers, administration and school during its first year. The PSF needs more parents (especially in the upper grades) to get involved in any way possible. The teachers are caring and understanding. The students learn to be kind and respectful toward each other. There are many extracurricular activities. Please volunteer - get involved.

Posted July 16, 2007

Back in 2002 you had to camp out to get your child into Crossroads Christian School.Everyone raved about this school. I enrolled my first child and I was very pleased.So I enrolled my second child in 2003 but it seems every year since then the school has gone downhill.Now they can barely fill class rooms and everyone has a complaint(that the administration does nothing about).I take my children here for the Christian values they teach not so much for the education.Others I know have stayed for the daycare they offer.I do take my children to Slyvan along with other students. My hope for Crossroads is they revaluate the cirriculm and administration and bring Crossroads back to the school it once was!

Posted May 31, 2007

My daugther is in 1st grade and has been a student in CCS since she was 2. She loves her school and her teachers very much. She is very confident and build up a good reading habit. The school has good discipline and good level of parent involvement. Academic level is above average and I think the teachers did a great job overall.

Posted March 6, 2007

My child is in the first grade the school is great with parent involement. The academics are not on the level that I expected. My child is doing great in her class but work is not challenging at all. Children have a great capacity to learn. I dont expect the work to be overwhelming, but I do expect it to progress my child toward excellence not average. It just was not there. The shcool is beautiful, the teachers are nice, but the academic curriculum just is'nt strong enough.

Posted March 2, 2007

I had two children attend Crossroads Pre-K to 6th grade. For the most part it was well worth it. Our children received a great foundation that has carried them through to the public school system. Some of the academic areas for the upper grades were a bit weak but the caring personal attention they got from the staff made up for it. After school daycare a great option for those who work full time.

Posted February 20, 2007

We have a second grader who has been at CCS since Kindergarten. CCS has great academics programs such as Spanish, Computers, Art & Music along with sports and other extracurricular activities. Level of parent involvement is good. We like how CCS incorporates the Lord and His Word in their academic program. Before and after school care is available. Class sizes are a bit high. Overall, we are happy at CCS.

Posted February 7, 2007

My son is currently attending the 4-yr old preschool (3-hour/3 days a week) and attended the 3-yr olds (3-hour/2-days a week) last year. He had Miss Cece last year and I have nothing but great things to say about her. What a great positive start to school! This year he has Miss Robin. Totally a different teaching style but he is doing well. To the reviewer that was upset because the kids were only doing arts and crafts..These 'crafts' are a fun way to learn reading, writing, etc. They're under 5 yr how much academics should they have? My child knows his ABC's by sight, can write his name, can count to 50+ (some influence by me). They teach some Christianity to the children but it is not shoved down their throats. They have monthly extracurricular activities like pony rides and bounce houses for extra fun. Overall great program.

Posted October 2, 2006

I have child in Pre-K and she went last year to the 3yr old class, last year more social emphasis, this year so far the same. So far my child brings home more arts and crafts then academic work.

Posted May 14, 2006

My children have attended this school since 1997 -- preschool through 8th -- and in the last two years I have seen a dramatic switch in ethics, communication, and respect. There is no longer a leadership that is trusted or admired. A small group of people (or person it seems) is allowed to make changes and every one else is expected to follow. Several respected teachers are leaving this year which makes me wonder exactly what is going on in the background. I have already made the decision that my last child will not continue at this school. However, I doubt that the administration will truly care. I know that the teachers will care!

Posted May 12, 2006

I feel that the class size is too big. I think public schools have less per teacher child ratio

Posted March 12, 2006

Nice school. My daughter will be moving to their k class. she loves it and we love it because she has learned to read at such a young age.

Posted February 21, 2006

offers many extracurricular activities. Great Pre-K and Kindergarten programs

Posted February 16, 2006

has a good program for elementary school. No academic chalenge for middle school.

Posted January 20, 2006

My daughter has attended 2 years (ages 3 & 4). I have been overall happy with the classroom activities and special things they do. Some of their aides leave a lot to be desires. Taking during nap time (full voice not whispers) and about inappropriate topics. I have seen one aid give the children an attitude. Mind you, I am not there that often so sometimes I wonder what is going on.

Posted December 1, 2005

I didn't especially care for the teacher my daughter had in her first class (nor the after school care)- but my standards are extremely high. Nothing was bad- I just wasn't impressed. This year however is great! I love her teacher, as well as the afterschool care. The office staff has always been very helpful. I recommend this school.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mr. Doug Husen
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Supports home-based learning
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2380 Fullerton Avenue