Bad
Good

I'm not sure which is more dissapointing, seeing a post in which a "homeowner" claims that it is the "homeowners" that make our school great and "low income" apartment dwellers and "poor" people who don't contribute to their children's educations who are placing our schools excellence in jepordy, or the fact that someone found her post helpful. Living in an apartment doesn't mean one is low income, nor does it mean one is less inclined to be less involved in their child's education. Being a "homeowner" doesn't make a school great- its the teachers, staff and parents who are fortunate enough to have a schedule that allows them to volunteer. As a product of a single parent household, I can tell you that my mother's inability to volunteer at school because of her work schedule didn't mean she wasn't involved in my education. She pushed me hard to get grades that would get me into college so I'd have a future. I had amazing teachers who didn't care how much money a kids parent made, they taught all of us equally, as I'm sure our teachers here do. I'm embarrassed that this parent is representing my child's school and even more appalled that she may be a volunteer in my child's class.

My son goes here and if or wasn't for his wonderful teacher I would have him switch schools. The staff is extremely rude. They seem so stressed out all the time. Even during pick up and drop off they are yelling and flailing their arms around the kids. I've asked the office staff questions before and they seem irritated and talk to you like you're stupid for not knowing something. One staff member yelled at me when I dropped off my son at 8:22 am. and told me next time she was shutting the gate earlier and proceeded to snicker and roll her eyes with another staff member while I spoke. The gate doesn't even open until 8:15 am. It is also annoying that you can not walk your child to class. The second day of school my son was bummed. Most interactions with staff have been negative. The supervisors aren't very friendly with the kids and are very strict. My son hsd to lose recess for bringing food to the playground. It is not the close nit school Iwas hoping for.

Excellent caring teachers that really care for their students and the learning progress in all.

Great teachers, nice staff, hard working PTO, well kept campus, safe place for children to learn.

I have two children at this school. My oldest will be finishing 5th grade this year and my youngest will be going into 4th next year. The teachers have ALL been phenomenal! Teaching with passion, desire to truly help children learn. The principal has so much to do with the success of this school and so there it is she cares enough to ensure those students are cared for. Text scores are important, but the bottom line is if your a parent that is hands on and you care enough about your children's education they will be successful in excelling here at Promenade.

My oldest daughter spent all of her elementary years here and my youngest daughter is currently following in those footsteps so I've had many years of observing and interacting with the staff and parents. Every teacher I've dealt with has a true passion for the kids and teaching and I couldn't be more pleased. They are very organized and have many fun events throughout the year.

my son is about to end his 1st year at promenade elementary school. I have been very pleased with all of the staff. I cant wait for him to continue here next year for 1st grade.

My daughter started her first year of school here and we are very, very pleased. The staff is very friendly and caring. The teachers are excellent. My daughter is a little advanced and her teacher took notice of it right away and has made sure that she gets challenged but still feels included in everyday activities. The only negative is the classes are crowded but they work very hard to make sure that all the students get the attention they need. Parent involvement is also excellent. I absolutely do not mind waiting outside a locked fence to pick up my daughter. The childrens safety is very important here. I do wish that recess and lunch were longer but my daughter is so happy here and she loves her teacher. Definitely a great school.

Great school!!! Mr. D is awesome!!!! Excellent PTO and parent support.The office staff is friendly and helpful, and the school grounds are always clean....thumbs up Promenade!

Very involved PTO. Great teacher Mrs. Pitts. Our first year attending and we are half way through the school year.

Last modified Promenade Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.