Corona, CA
Students enrolled: 1,109

Garretson Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2015
Whether your student is advance or in general studies, expect teachers and staff to have emotional issues that they openly share with the children, often about their personal life. My child is now behind educationally when before coming here, he was thriving. God forbid you have a special needs child. We have been told he can't go on field trips without a parent because the teacher has other students to keep track of, my child has been yelled at for falling to much in the over crowded unorganized classroom, my child has seen teachers leave class in an emotional outburst over the teachers petsonal life and has been seriously neglected by the teachers and staff in providing for his adaptive needs. IEP meetings generally have consisted of only half the involved parties attending, late arrivals, and the principal and teachers texting. Teachers texting and on Facebook or other social medias during class and lesson times is common. If your child has special needs, go somewhere else. This is not a safe, physically or emotionally, school for any student. Seek other options if able. I wish I had been able to sooner, now my children are paying the price.

Garretson Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2014
garretson is garbage.. these people rating it 5 stars must be getting paid .. my son went thefe for 3 years and is way behind..the teachers there dont teach them anything i might as well have been a teacher there ,
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 23, 2011
I was a former student at garretson. Its a great school. The teachers are always willing to help you out with whatever you need. I am in high school and some of my teachers still help me.

Posted November 15, 2011
over 30 years, my family have gone to garretson and still maintaining its get education over the yeays

Posted June 03, 2011
I just finished the best school year ever at Garretson. Transferring schools from one that had much higher test scores (Lincoln Alternative) I was worried about my child's academics but it was the best thing I could have done. Mrs. Stevens, the sixth grade teacher is the BEST. Kudos to her as she will be or should be teacher of the year. Thanks much Garretson and especially Mrs. Stevens for making it know that the child's emotional needs are more important than academics. My child has only succeeded more and is much much happier. We are glad we made the change.

Posted May 15, 2010
We were in the dual immersion program at Garretson for 4 years. It is an outstanding school with great teachers & parent involvement. As well, John Reynoso, the principal, knows all the kids and is a great leader! We highly recommend this school and were sad to leave it with our move back to Chicago.

Posted October 03, 2009
The GATE program is a by far greater than the private education that I was paying for at St. Edward's. At both Lincoln Alternative and Garretson the teacher's are better educated, more engaging, professional and over all happier to be with the students.

Posted September 28, 2009
Garretson has a hard working staff who love and care about the needs of each student.

Posted September 28, 2009
I am a former employee of Garretson Elementary and the committment the teachers and staff have for their students' education is inspiring. It is a great place to work and a great place to make a change in a student's life!

Posted September 27, 2009
Garretson has the most dedicated teachers around. They truly put everything they have into educating and nurturing our students. Go Gators!!!

1650 Garretson Avenue, Corona, CA  92879
Last modified Garretson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garretson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top