Posted September 11, 2014
AWSOME, Historic School with "OLD" School Values! School Spirit & Patriotism "Revitalized " under the Lesdership of Lincoln's New Principal Mr. LEEDY. With a "FANTASTIC" Teaching Staff with years of "EXPERIENCE"! Former Students, doing their Student Teaching & "Returning" to join the "High" Value's of LINCOLN'S Teaching Staff! Once again, in 2014, Lincoln Alternative can fly the "Distinguished" School FLAG "PROUDLY"!

Posted January 24, 2014
Lincoln is a fantastic school, and I have been very happy with my kids here. We have a strict dress code, other parents at other schools think that is "lame". However, I believe it teaches kids to have respect for authority, which unfortunately is a rarity these days. The teachers are great, and our new principle Mr. Leedy is amazing! He has brought new life to Lincoln. Just this year alone, he has brought back or added fun activities, and events for the kids, and the whole family. I couldn't be happier!

Posted September 04, 2013
Our school offers a strong emphasis on the basics of education. Constant push to make our kids better students and just better people in general. The staff is amazing. Our new principal, Mr. Leedy is a breath of fresh air.

Posted September 03, 2013
I love Lincoln! Not only great in academic, but the kids are thought to have discipline, respect towards other, and high patriotism. Great parents participation.

Posted February 05, 2013
I have been connected with Lincoln Alternative for quite some time and find it an excellent school. The expectations of parents and staff to maintain high expectations for students both academically and behaviorally is superb. The administration is professional and keeping LAS at the forefront for the betterment of our children is important to them. Teachers are open to new ideas while consistently keeping the original philosophy of the school which are high expectations, challenging academics, structured environment, parent involvement and patriotism. Lincoln Alternative is an excellent school.

Posted April 25, 2012
Lincoln Alternative School has been my school of choice for 21 years. All three of my children attended Lincoln and absolutely loved it ! They have excelled ever since. I believe their success largely came from an outstanding education achieved at Lincoln. I am also a teacher at Lincoln having taught several different grade levels over the years, as well as having been a volunteer parent for a period of time when I was a stay home mom. I have found teachers and parents at all grade levels to be child focused, ensuring that every student gets the best education possible. Change is inevitable in any institution. However the ideals of patriotism, respect, discipline, and receiving an excellent education have remained constant at Lincoln.

Lincoln Alternative Elementary School 3

Posted March 25, 2012
I am new at this school and I was greeted with a cold welcome. My daughter does not like the school and complains that she does not trust the staff to protect her. I have not had much interaction with the school. Does not appear to be a very welcoming school. I'm not familiar with any of the staff ar admin, but when I presented the principal with an issue I believe he dealt with it the best he could (I hope). People are experiencing difficult times and we are all human. I believe you have to look at the whole picture. One mans trash is another mans treasure. What might work for one, may not for another. Gather the information needed to make the best decision for your child. For our family this is not the right fit. I believe emotional support is just as important as academic support and my daughter is not happy at school. I am researching new schools to transfer her. Good luck to you all and thank you for the helpful reviews.

Posted March 04, 2012
The budget cuts impact EVERY school in California not only Lincoln. It is sad. But I still believe Lincoln is a very good school. The parents involvement has been very high already in Lincoln, but now parents have to step in more to help. And in my opinion, we should give a little bit more time for the new principal + new asst. principal to prove their work. My youngest son is in one of the best public schools in Yorba Linda that got Blue Ribbon tittle, because we can't find similar program close by in Corona for him. The facility of the YL school is beautiful and high tech (with big touch screen board + teacher laptop in every class), the teachers are awesome, high scores, but I feel Lincoln teaches more than academic stuffs... patriotism, respect, hard work, and discipline. That's the reason why I will keep my kids in Lincoln, though YL school has a same distance (even less) as Lincoln from my house. I don't mind a lot of homework, though I wish the optional enrichment homework gives opportunity to learn advanced skills not only busyworks. Overall, I am pleased with and still believe in Lincoln.. especially if we, the parents, keep work together with the school.

Lincoln Alternative Elementary School 3

Posted March 02, 2012
We have been at Lincoln for 9 years and must agree with previous posters that the school has changed for the worse. Partially this is due to budget cuts, which the school cannot help, but it is also due to a change in philosophy. The current principal is a good administrator, but shows no interest in the children. The discipline and Lincoln pride once palpable is gone. Lincoln is still a good school, but not the great school it once was.

Lincoln Alternative Elementary School 1

Posted March 01, 2012
I agree with the last post. My child has changed since she started first grade and does not seam like the cheerful little person she used to be.

Lincoln Alternative Elementary School
1041 Fullerton Avenue, Corona, CA  92879
Last modified Lincoln Alternative Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Alternative Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top