Bad
Good

I really like this school, my son is in the 3Rd grade and we've had a great experience. The teachers are really thoughtful with the children and parents. Teachers have a tough job with so many kids, I feel as long as parents do there part your children will be successful here.

I really like the school a lot. My son has the best teacher ever! I also like both principals. Rhey are good to my son! I encounter most of the teachers and they are very sweet. I like the school a lot!

Dr. Deitrich is not an effective leader because I have complained several times regarding my son's teacher and nothing has been resolved. It seems like he only cares about keeping the teachers happy. He definitely does not listen to parent concerns. My next stop will be the district office.

I absolutely love Mckinley! My son is in his final year and has attended since kindergarten. He has always been at the top of his class and I have the wonderful teachers to thank! Kids club offering for after school care has been a tremendous help as well. It's hard being a working mom and not getting off everyday at 3. All the kids seem nice and loving and we have never had any issues with bullying. Pta is wonderful with their involvement and organizing field trips and such. We've always loved McKinley.

I started out a skeptical this year because of last years principal, but overall Dr. Dedrict seems to be a positive principle. I love that he started "The leader in me" program and I have not seen much of a bullying problem so far, like I know there were in years past. Starting to have some school pride! I love my sons teacher this year too!

I love this school.it has a very responsible and kind staff.My son's teacher is the best.

I love this school, I wish the teachers were around when my daughter was in school ( 30 years ago) Thanks Mrs Luna my niece loves going to your class everyday. And so far Dr, D is doing a good job too !

McKinley needs improvements fast! The constant feel of the school environment is let someone else take care of it. With the size of the staff and the amount of parents its ridiculous how much falls through the cracks.

My oldest daughter now 16 attended Mckinley entirely. Honor student great teachers an awesome staff. We had changes with principal's and so forth but Ms. Neumann came in and has always been great. Now my youngest daughter attends and teachers remain great and no problems. Talk with your child. My daughter is escorted at times to my truck by the principal and she does care! No one is perfect but I think she a very nice person no matter what anyone says. Also, on issues of bullying I do agree it needs to be more aggressive in actions such as suspension or kicked out! Parents get into the office and quit calling face to face will work if not then go to the district. Talk to your child!

I am very disapointed that these parents feel so negative towards the principal first of all she is very hard working. Dedicated not only to her Staff but also to the students. I would like to see the parents who are complaining have the responsibility of not only over 800 students but also staff. Parents that are the first ones to complain are the ones that are never involved. My two children go thr and i have never had a problem not only with a teacher or the principal. Stop pointing a finger and put yourself in her shoes. And if you feel so strongly about it be more involed.

Last modified William Mckinley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.