Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

They inundate the children with homework at home and don't teach enough in school. There is not enough one on one help for those students who need it.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The staff that I have dealt with are more interested in making problems go away than facing them head on. Serious issues like bullying, inappropriate touching and abuse by teacher's are swept under the rug and the blame is put on the children.

Most of the kids are Hispanic, mine are white and continuously get picked on by the other children for this. They have attended other mainly Hispanic schools and have had no problems with being the minority. Parkridge is way behind academically compared to the surround school. My children are not being challenged at all. Even the ladies in the office seem to struggle with the simplest of tasks and as nicely put as I can possible think of putting it, easily confused. The new principle seems to be the only positive thing going on at Parkridge. Hoping he can fix this disaster of a school.

I recently put both of my children in TK and 1st grade in August 2013. They just got a new principal. He seems on top of things, very organized and have the children enthusiastic to be in school. All of the school events are packed and everyone seems to enjoy themselves. The vice principal is awesome also. She's very helpful and the kids loves her. The teachers that my kids have are awesome. Considering the poverty rate is about 98%, they should get more than 5 stars.

I used to attend this school as a kid. That was until I moved to Pennsylvania in 4th grade. I had the most amazing time at this school and wouldn't change a thing. The teachers were amazing and the students were very friendly. I had many friends there which made it even harder to say good bye to them. The food was also good and the activities we did there were also good. However during the time I went there they didn't offer any courses like Art, Gym, music class, or even Health. So when I got to my new school in Pennsylvania I was really surprised those classes even existed since I had never had them in this school. I am now a sophomore in High school and I will always remember this school. I hade such an amazing time and met such amazing people who really changed my life. I would recommend this school to anyone. Trust me you won't regret it at least I didn't.

At the moment my children's teachers are very nice and seem to teach very well. However my children complain about the recess and lunch aids. Some lunch aids will not give food to children once they have accidenly dropped their food. They also only speak spanish to the children. My children do not speak spanish. This is a very touchy subject to bring to the schools attention due to 95% of the staff being hispanic. I believe these woman can spwak the basic english and choose to speak spanish and my children just have to go along with it. This is not fair to others who don't speak spanish. Also I think the english as a second language classes that are offered to spanish speaking parents is awesome. Why not have spanish as a second language for those who would like to learn?

I've been working at Parkridge for about 10 years now in different capacities. I know that everyone I have worked with are dedicated to the education of all the students.

Last modified Parkridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.