Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Parent

Posted October 18, 2015
I would like to say thank you to the parent who's child stepped forward and made it known that my child was being bullied. While the school blamed my child and did nothing about it., it made me aware and I pulled her out of the school.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted October 18, 2015
They inundate the children with homework at home and don't teach enough in school. There is not enough one on one help for those students who need it.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted October 18, 2015
Bullying is allowed and their zero tolerance policy is a joke. The staff has no interest in helping children, but forcing them to conform.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 18, 2015
The staff that I have dealt with are more interested in making problems go away than facing them head on. Serious issues like bullying, inappropriate touching and abuse by teacher's are swept under the rug and the blame is put on the children.

Parkridge Elementary School 1

Posted May 25, 2014
Most of the kids are Hispanic, mine are white and continuously get picked on by the other children for this. They have attended other mainly Hispanic schools and have had no problems with being the minority. Parkridge is way behind academically compared to the surround school. My children are not being challenged at all. Even the ladies in the office seem to struggle with the simplest of tasks and as nicely put as I can possible think of putting it, easily confused. The new principle seems to be the only positive thing going on at Parkridge. Hoping he can fix this disaster of a school.

Posted January 20, 2014
I recently put both of my children in TK and 1st grade in August 2013. They just got a new principal. He seems on top of things, very organized and have the children enthusiastic to be in school. All of the school events are packed and everyone seems to enjoy themselves. The vice principal is awesome also. She's very helpful and the kids loves her. The teachers that my kids have are awesome. Considering the poverty rate is about 98%, they should get more than 5 stars.

Posted June 21, 2013
I used to attend this school as a kid. That was until I moved to Pennsylvania in 4th grade. I had the most amazing time at this school and wouldn't change a thing. The teachers were amazing and the students were very friendly. I had many friends there which made it even harder to say good bye to them. The food was also good and the activities we did there were also good. However during the time I went there they didn't offer any courses like Art, Gym, music class, or even Health. So when I got to my new school in Pennsylvania I was really surprised those classes even existed since I had never had them in this school. I am now a sophomore in High school and I will always remember this school. I hade such an amazing time and met such amazing people who really changed my life. I would recommend this school to anyone. Trust me you won't regret it at least I didn't.

Posted June 13, 2009
At the moment my children's teachers are very nice and seem to teach very well. However my children complain about the recess and lunch aids. Some lunch aids will not give food to children once they have accidenly dropped their food. They also only speak spanish to the children. My children do not speak spanish. This is a very touchy subject to bring to the schools attention due to 95% of the staff being hispanic. I believe these woman can spwak the basic english and choose to speak spanish and my children just have to go along with it. This is not fair to others who don't speak spanish. Also I think the english as a second language classes that are offered to spanish speaking parents is awesome. Why not have spanish as a second language for those who would like to learn?

Posted August 23, 2007
I've been working at Parkridge for about 10 years now in different capacities. I know that everyone I have worked with are dedicated to the education of all the students.

Posted June 17, 2005
I Have 2- kids that have been going to parkridge and several nieces and nephews that have gone to this school and have experienced a great overall in this school. the academics and programs that are and have been teached in this school are great.

750 Corona Avenue, Corona, CA  92879-1074
Last modified Parkridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top