Bad
Good

I am just OK with this school. Not super impressed but also not the worst school out there. My kids don't feel challenged much at all and we are looking into private schools for next year.

I am new to Corona and my son recently started at Prado in kindergarten. We have the pleasure of having Mrs. Johnson. She has high standards and it really pays off with the kids. I love, love, love this school. It is safe, clean and strives for the kids to do their best. I am excited about the new testing system for the Corona-Norco school district as well. My son has progressed so much with Mrs. Johnson. Can't say enough good things!

My kids love Prado View. There are a lot of enrichment programs available. Art, band, drama, track. There's also great events like the carnival in the fall and the sleepover in the spring. My kids teachers this year are exceptional. Mrs Cowan offers math help for her students during lunchtime and does a book club to encourage reading. Mrs Johnson is great with my rambunctious 7 year old She has great patience and is kind but also firm in holding him accountable for his behavior.

This school is great. Parent's are involved and the staff is great. My son loves his teacher.

Great school. Very involved parents. Alot of extra activities to keep the kids excited about learning. Good teaching staff. I have three kids at this school, and each one of their teachers is respectful to the students as well as being motivational in their teaching method.

I am pleased to have my daughter in this school. The high level of education she's gething here is amazing, is like getting a private school education. The teachers are so kind and understanding and loving with the children that you feel comfortable to leave your choldren in such great hands. Thnak you to all the teachers for and amazing education :)

My child has a slight mood disorder...from the principal on down to the therapist teachers and aides..these people are professional and love kids

Being an educator and quality researcher, I was astounded by the high level of quality at this school. I feel as though my daughter is getting a private school education in a public school! Yes class sizes are bigger this year, but the teachers seem to be highly trained in methods that both empower and excite the children about learning. Ms. Shaver is delightful in her knowledge of how children learn and her obvious passion in her work. The principle, Carol Akerman is a fine leader who seems to allow her faculty the autonomy to to their best work. (Even the cafeteria staff and support staff are pleasant!) Research tells us that a huge part of educational success for children lies in the feelings they have about the school environment. This is a 'feel-good' school and I am thrilled to be part of it.

This school is amazing. The teachers really care about the students and do their best to meet all of the individual needs in their classrooms. I am glad my 4th grader is at Prado View.

I agree with the parent below. My 2nd grade child is being taught on a 3rd grade level. I think they do this to try to get better test scores out of them for the STAR testing. Still I believe that if we push our kids a bit too hard and not let them learn at the pace that you and I learned as children, then we discourage them a bit by applying so much pressure to do so well at such a young age. I do agree that the school is getting overcrowded and do wish they had more programs, still I understand that the state is in a crunch which leads me to believe the schools high emphasis on the STAR testing, good scores = more funding.

Last modified Prado View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.