K-8|Private

Bad
Good

I'm reviewing this as an elementary student's parent; I don't know much about the preschool side. I really like this school. I believe it is truly a hidden jewel. Although they may or may not teach more than the public schools as one post mentioned, teachers do not teach to the test. They teach for the sake of learning--like school use to be. As a result, the students are much more engaged, enjoy their classes and learning, and have a lot of fun activities. My child really enjoys coming to school everyday to learn, have fun, and see this friends. The class sizes are small and It's a very closely knit community. It's nice that all of the staff members know and care about all of the students in all of the grades. Bullying has not been an issue, and it seems all of the kids are readily accepted by each other.

I didn't know what to expect from this school, especially since my son's last school was amazing and I was scared that he wasn't going to like it as much. But since he started half a year ago, he never stops talking about his friends and his teachers, and is always excited to go to his new school. He initially started in Ms. Nicole's room and then recently moved to Mrs. Brenda's classroom. Every morning when I use to drop him off with Ms Nicole, I always asked her how he has been doing, and she was always quick to respond if I had any questions about his day before. And I am also very proud that every time I ask him about what he learned that day, he always tells me about a new project or activity. At the end of the day, as long as my son is happy and excited to go to school the next day, I feel they are doing a great job.

I had some complaints before I took my daughter out and placed in her the public school system. After 1 week at public school, I brought her back to Page School because I realized that she was much further ahead than the public school (in fact, over a year ahead academically). The classes at Page are small (10-15 students a class) and the teachers are on top of the academic issues. I know of another parent who did the same thing --- again, parents return to Page after seeing the public school and realizing their children surpass the public school children educationally. In the past year, Page has been accrediated. There are stricter regulations. The Spanish, English, Reading, Math, Social Studies and Science are fantastic. I am not happy with the sports as they are weak --- and the arts teacher is laughable. But the core subjects are taught well and I make sure my child participates in other sports outside of school to make up for Page's sports gap. [my child doesn't participate in the general sports anyway. Few schools offer sailing and surfing.] Overall -- I sent my child here for academics. I'm getting what I paid for academically!

I expected that by putting children in private school it meant getting a better education than public school. NOT the case at Page in Costa Mesa. The kids are not excelling, mediocrity is encouraged, and everyone is always a "winner". The school is run by a few of the students' mothers -NOT the principal or assistant principal. Point out a public school that allows parents to sit in the office all day and text with the teachers during the school day! The teacher turnover rate is extremely high, go figure. The teachers do not seem to have the ability to discipline the children that need it. The lack of respect from some students is outrageous. The "arts" education is laughable and the school should be embarrassed. The children can't read or sing music. This isn't an academic environment, like others stated previously, it is a business- a business whose top priority is NOT providing an advanced education. This is a good school for working parents who need after school care for their kids. Security is lax and anyone can walk around the campus at anytime.

I whent to page since I was two and its great!! The teachers are caring and understanding. If i could stay there through Highschool I would. Thankyou for your love and time.

I feel very fortunate to have found this school! The academics are sharp. The atmosphere is loving and caring. The safety is reliable. My daughter just completed Kindergarten, and I have committed to another full year.

This School is great. My son is attending Kindergarten after a full year in pre-K, and I have nothing but praise for the teachers and the staff. The students/teacher ratio is small, teachers follow a well defined, challenging curriculum, and there are lots of extra activities to choose from. Children get to enjoy the pool every day during summer, have the opportunity to enroll in other classes such as soccer, dance, Yoga, multisports, just to name a few. The staff strives for all the students to have a great day, every day. I have been surprised by my son's progress last year, and feel very confident about Page School being the best for him this year.

Our daughter learned nothing and missed out on organized school sports because they don't have them! Principal and assistant were pretty much clueless as to what was going on most of the time. Teachers lost papers because of being unorganized. Just a mess of an 'Academic' school.

Pulled my son out after a year. Felt more like daycare than school.

I have see a difference in my childs motivation for learning in two weeks of attending this school!

Last modified Page Private-Costa Mesa is a Private school that serves grades K-8